Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonna have to change this tron right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

But then sometimes Jay is accused of things on here that Gresham actually did!

I've only heard of Jay being accused of (multiple instances of) one thing, which is coercing sex from people in exchange for pushes or higher spots on the card. Is Gresham doing that or is there something else?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Barry Bluejeans posted:

not to be funny but I genuinely wonder what match TK could put together for the next show that'll be as much of a draw as FTR/Briscoes

plenty of time to figure that out I suppose

FTR/Redragon? Future Shock?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

this is what i get for trying to troll the english

drat mock the British and Tony puts a ppv in the middle of American High Tea.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They're as ROH as the ROH champion, in that they have honour in their hearts.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

the world must die so that Global Force may live

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even though I wanted a different result in that match, Cage doing it in Kanyon tribute gear made it ok for me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Impact is currently doing 100K viewers on AXS. I'm pretty sure ROH could do better than that, assuming it's not on at an even worse time than Rampage.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Does anyone know if Honor Club will do that weird thing that NJPW World does where they charge you on the first of the month no matter what, so if I sub now they'll charge me for February and again on Wednesday for March?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to watching ROH on my computer, and occasionally cast from my computer to my television.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm so glad Honor Club exists because my groupchat were like 'why is Matt Taven on tv' and I could link to him being the only wrestler in the match who's ever main evented MSG

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Curious, what else are you subscribed to? For me it's just AEW+ and ROH right now. I'll end up doing Fite+ during Mania week to see all of the indie shows, not sure if I'll keep it on. I had subbed to NJPW for Wrestle Kingdom but felt myself falling off immediately after so didn't renew. Also dropped IWTV a while back because I just wasn't using it enough.

I just want more time to watch wrestling!

I'm basically exactly the same as you. I don't know if there's any value in subbing to Fite+ before Mania week though I might grab it earlier to watch the Toronto GCW show on the 19th that's sold out.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Honor is real. If they only showed replays of this every week they'd still have my ten bucks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What they need is to figure out if the Trustbusters are part of Sterling's unit or not. Isn't Ari in both?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

would love thatchman in ring of honour (british)

They'd have to change the name if they went to the UK because the British don't recognize the word 'ring'. It'd have to be Aw Roundah of 'onah

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's like a Rob Zombie character. He looks horrible.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

- No Android TV app
- Even sideloaded, the Android app doesn't actually work on Android TV (or at least not on my nVidia Shield)
- Android and IOS apps aren't available in Finland meaning I have to cast from my janky-rear end laptop
- The website is also kinda janky, discoverability is not great meaning exploring the back catalogue is a bit of a pain

I watched the show on my nVidia Shield and got the app through the play store gimmick on there, no sideloading needed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I hope next week is 4 hours

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Taxman posted:

Nobody is watching?

Mark Briscoe just challenged Samoa Joe for the TV title

Just tuned in. Is this a SCoH match or for TV?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Watch ROH on your computer, when time permits

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

is that gonna be on Honor Club

In 3 months, yeah

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Any idea what's on Zero Hour tonight?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TBS Champion Athena almost certainly doesn't wrestle Jody Threat on Dark and become Beast Athena so everything happened exactly as it should have

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My shield has a weird way of disconnecting from the wifi at random from time to time but that's in general, not ROH-specific. I've never had it just log me out, and that shield is the primary place I watch ROH from.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think her extended period as the apprentice to Madison "Fellow Kids" Rayne did her any favours. It'd be nice if she had any character traits to speak of.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maybe not in-ring because she was better than Madison on day one, but it was a neon sign saying "you don't need to care about this person"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Taxman posted:

I think it showed her off as significantly better than an established wrestler while giving her consistent tag reps to practice her timing and new moves

Was it great? No. And they didn't do anything with the relationship to establish any real character for Skye. More presence would make this title match feel contested IMO.

That's all I'm saying. It was a random pairing that didn't really develop either as characters at all. When Madison started dressing just like her I thought they might be on a Single White Female tip or something but nothing there either.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

We just not going to talk about Caprice stopping the show dead to drop a sick freestyle over Willow's theme?!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Five women's matches, that's the good stuff

drat it feels good to be honourable

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jonny Nox posted:

It's also nice when the first shot of the show is a The Workhorsemen 'tron

"That was weak"
"COME TAKE ONE THEN!"
JD Drake rules so hard

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I know it doesn't make a ton of sense in story and isn't exactly marquee but I want a Stu/Claudio 1v1 match so bad.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bonk posted:

The issue I'm having with ROH lately is the disparity between TV & PPV. You can tell that everyone at the TV tapings came to see AEW live, and ROH is just a bonus if you feel like staying to watch Expensive Dark. ROH PPVs meanwhile are kickass supercards specifically for ROH crowds. Like everyone should be losing their poo poo whenever Shibata's music hits, but if they're not there to see him or the show he's on - or they're tired after the AEW live show - there's barely a reaction.

I'm not sure what the solution is - maybe they could tape ROH earlier in the day with limited tickets sold separately from Collision tickets, and change the setup in between shows? I still think they should book a smaller armory or college basketball venue in the same towns as the AEW arenas, but it doesn't seem like that's in the cards.

I think some of it is that, at least at the Toronto tapings, they tape a little bit before and some after Collision so the audience kinda has to switch gears twice. I do like the look of ROH better when it's in arenas and not the studio, but the studio vibe feels better to me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I guess because they literally were. They bought tickets to ROH, not Collision feat. ROH

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yo is that show at like 11am EST?!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Taxman posted:

That's ticket sale time, event is scheduled for 7pm est

Ah thank you, I'm still learning to read.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pretty sure this is the first live ppv they've run through the service so there's no way to know but I imagine it'll be pretty fast if not instant.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

5 women's matches! drat we're eating.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

London Lightning is good but badly needs a name change since it's a reference to London Ontario, the second-worst London.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

I am SO MAD at Billie for stealing that match from my queen.

My daughter who usually loves Billie was really pissed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

I irrationally hate Rhett Titus. I just see him and am compelled to anger.

Same, him and Blake Christian and not in a "he's a great heel" way. It reminds me of the visceral revulsion I feel when I see a Funko.