Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Supercard of Honor is around NZ$50 on FITE. Should I buy the replay, then?

is Honor Club not available in New Zealand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Catching up to battle of the belts.

Dalton Castle seems really good. is he really good?

he used to be even better when he had a functioning spine

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

God that is a boring logo. Looks like the logo for a TV station that will be showing Law & Order repeats

https://twitter.com/WilliamRBR/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think they're obviously building toward Mercedes vs Deeb for the ROH Women's Title on Death Before Dishonor

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I think Jonathan Gresham tried to talk to Tony Khan but Tony couldn't hear him because his voice didn't carry far enough to reach his ears

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

I was watching the pre-show for DBD last night, before I get around to watching the actual show this weekend.

And yeah, when the Gates of Hell made their entrance? Yeesh. Very, very cultural appropriation-y, and honestly, kind of borderline racist.

i feel like i'm missing something here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you should tell toa liona on twitter he's doing his culture wrong

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

are you absolutely positive it's the Ka Mate and not the Siva Tau

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

HBO should trade Dogshit Westworld to AMC in exchange for Mad Men.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

It's called the tag team division.

why do you think Tony put Josh Woods and Tony Nese together

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does anyone know if Honor Club will do that weird thing that NJPW World does where they charge you on the first of the month no matter what, so if I sub now they'll charge me for February and again on Wednesday for March?

thats a japanese billing thing so i doubt it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tato posted:

Just watching random old stuff since Tony Kahn got me to sign up, I'll never not laugh at Low Ki doing his deep warrior voice cutting promos in front of a High School gym's trophy display case

low ki played mortal kombat in an arcade when he was too young and it changed the course of his life forever

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Low Ki was a really great wrestler, loved his matches

of course he was, he was The World Warrior

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

low ki was just driven insane by the fact that every time he signed with a company they made him change his name to something like Kwik Kick, Senshi or Kaval

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I can't imagine watching a Manami Toyota match and thinking at any point "yes, this is something that can be taught"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

It will never cease to amuse me that Jack Evans was trained by Bryan Alvarez

one of my favorite exchanges from a old Bryan and Vinny TNA review was Vinny saying Jack Evans' gimmick was "being the whitest man alive" and Bryan said "of course it is, I trained him"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Long-Time Lurker posted:

They're still using her crew though, Renegade Twins in particular consistently get booked.

didn't VertVixen wrestle on Rampage like 2 weeks ago lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I forget where but Tony said RoH will be the show he wants to book, not the one he's booking for the ratings. Glad to see that includes Emi.

that was in the media scrum for the last ppv

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

drat it feels good to be honorable

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Who's that?

Trinity Fatu, formerly known as Naomi

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Very fine episode, a few thoughts while watching:

- Athena's version of the powerbomb symphony was more impressive than any Wardlow's ever done (except maybe when he annihilated MJF)

its almost like she was doing to someone who weighs like 90 lbs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's all I'm saying. It was a random pairing that didn't really develop either as characters at all. When Madison started dressing just like her I thought they might be on a Single White Female tip or something but nothing there either.

No thats Cora Jade's story, but that ones a shoot

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone counter the urinage Joe does in the corner when an opponent charges in. That was cool as poo poo.

ah man no you cant call it that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"then perish"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Hear me out.

Satoshi Kojima for ROH World Champion.

yes! Yes!!!!!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Love the tiny saluting Infantry.

shawn dean all like

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

He hit a gear he rarely does in that match, he's not usually that fast but something about that really kicked him up and he should really keep his game there.

marriage changes a man.

Pylons posted:

Always been a Big Shotty guy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mike Sydal is so based that match probably rules

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Time_pants posted:

That is super interesting. AEW has been pretty much my entire focus since it started, so I seriously had no idea that she's primarily focused on an entirely different promotion. That's really cool!

MAKAI isn't a wrestling promotion, it's a stage show with action sequences that she runs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

has he gotten his braces removed yet, because that would probably also help him in the promo department

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just miss Jimmyz even more now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Xerzes posted:

I cannot imagine looking at Blake Christian and feeling anything whatsoever. He is exactly average. He is a 0 in wins above replacement; he is the replacement.

"Replacement Level" Blake Christian with his finisher, the Mendoza Line