Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Hey this is a basic-rear end question from someone who doesn't follow ROH: is it an hour-long weekly show and the occasional PPV? Is there more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Dang, I need to start watching, then. Thanks!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Miching Mallecho posted:

That headbutt looked really good, Velvet just dropped

Good match :golfclap:

Edit: Johnny lost the boys in the mountains and there was a bear :ohdear:

Dalton is boyless :negative:
"Single use" boys :lol:

Edit 2: Shida's so cool.
Edit 3: drat, Sydal is still pretty quick and smooth.
Edit 4: I like Lexie being the hype lady for Billie and Athena, I should watch the older episodes to get the full storyline of this trio. but I like all of them :hai:
Oh my god, it's Ana vs Mina now :dance:

Not bad :golfclap:

Holy poo poo. I didn't know Red Velvet spends more of her time in ROH! She's gotten so good!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Answers Me posted:

I think Athena being the ace of ROH is fine and good, but I do think Shida coming in is probably having a credible person to take the belt off her so she can move on to AEW

Waaaaaaaait a minute! Is ROH where they've been hiding Shida, too?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

That makes sense. If you've got Shida on your roster and you don't put her on TV, you have hosed up.

Glad she's out there still kicking rear end and not just warming a bench!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

That is super interesting. AEW has been pretty much my entire focus since it started, so I seriously had no idea that she's primarily focused on an entirely different promotion. That's really cool!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Alaois posted:

MAKAI isn't a wrestling promotion, it's a stage show with action sequences that she runs

WHAT?!

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

MAKAI is a combination of stage performance, wrestling, and heavy metal.

It's also notoriously kind of hard to watch start to finish on account of the many, many episodes being spread out over multiple Japanese video websites.

JoShizzle has a video about MAKAI if you're interested in delving a little more in to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ngcj6VcLi8

Also, MAKAI has a YouTube channel, and it looks like they're starting to upload the past shows on it.

https://www.youtube.com/@MAKAIch/videos

There are a lot of familiar faces that roll through MAKAI if you are familiar with Japanese wrestlers or the Japanese metal scene.

Even on Shida's YT channel, she has a bunch of videos related to MAKAI on it.

WHAT?!

PS- Oh my God. There's an AEW show with equal gender representation, and it's called Ring of Honor. Came for the Red Velvet, stayed for the Shida. And wow is Queen Amanata good. Why don't they let her do this in AEW??

I am so loving sad I've been missing this until now! This is great!!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now it makes sense.

A demented sort of sense.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

After watching the Dalton Castle, Colt Cabana and Brandon Cutler, Kiera Hogan, and Kyle Fletcher matches, I feel like Ring of Honor might be the best wrestling show? Oh my God. It's so much fun!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Answers Me posted:

Blake Christian has the biggest disparity between ability and look in the business. He needs to… I dunno, go to a more expensive barber or something

Maybe it's just me, but I love that look so much I hope it never changes.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Pylons posted:

That is not tonight's card.

The trios should rip and Uno is very high on London Lightning so I think that'll be good too.

I've missed Nyla Rose so much on AEW! Not sure how her match with Already In The Ring will go, but it'll be awesome just to see her again.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Germansimp posted:

Why is Uno wrestling a young, glasses-less RJ City?

Better question: why did it take this long?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Cavauro posted:

that london guy is going to put roh out of business heedlessly stealing the name of a professional basketball team

The Lightning City Londons are a famously litigious organization.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

I'm a day behind, so I just yesterday's show. WHO IS JACK CARTWHEEL?! Serious. Where did he come from?? He's amazing!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Integrated Houston posted:

Oh cool, that’s where Black Taurus has been

I saw that dude's match against El Hijo del Vikingo on Rampage and wow. How does a guy that big move that quick and jump that high? Absolutely insane.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Is the name on his birth certificate Jonathan Television?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Jesus Christ. Billie Starkz needs to slow the gently caress down or she's not making 30. Starkz and Queen Amanata was match of the night for me, but God drat some of those bumps. That was hard to watch.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

there's a blank line actually. Legally it says Johnathan ______________ .

:perfect:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Shard posted:

Is this a post from 10 years ago about the bucks or 5 years ago about Osprey?

Sorry. I turn into everyone's parent when I watch wrestling (in fairness, Ospreay did change his style after being warned by veterans that he was going to get hurt). Seriously, though, step aside Darby Allin. Starkz is absolutely nuts.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Oh my God. Johnny TV was audibly calling spots at points in the match. That said, I love this. It is art. It is the only art that ever mattered.

E: this is my all-time favorite match. Hands down.

E2: just finished Briscoe-Kingston awww!

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 9, 2024

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

No one.

Same as Samoa Joe

You're thinking an Asuka-like vacation of the title and "callup" to AEW?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Answers Me posted:

Only had time to watch the first few matches of Supercard. Who knew Lee Johnson was so good?? It’d be good to see his career start to go places off the back of it.

Make sure you watch it all. This is an all-timer of a PPV.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

I am constantly impressed by how good a promo Kyle Fletcher is.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

JD Drake always surprises me with how good he is. Even when I watch his match knowing how good he is and expecting to be surprised, he still surprises me.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I hope we see more of Marti Belle, it was delightful hearing Ian and Caprice cracking up over her nonstop trash talk

I liked when she kicked out and was semi-conscious but kept on running her mouth. It's such a good gimmick.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Guillermus posted:

Watched a bunch of days late but I discovered JD from Covid era AEW and the guy is great. He has big guy moves and I still say that his headbashing after throwing a guy to the ropes outside of the ring is one of my favourite moves and I'm surprised that he is the only wrestler that does it, despite not being super flashy. One of my favourite current ROH matches is Workhorsemen vs Shibata/Alex Coughlin. That one was soooo good from all four.

Absolutely my favorite recurring spot of any JD Drake match.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Finally catching up with the April 25 episode of ROH, and... Red Velvet and Queen Amanata are taking on Athena and Billie Starkz?!??. Thursday cannot come soon enough. I think this is the most exited I've been for a match in months!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

rantmo posted:

Aminata should dethrone Athena (who moves back up to AEW) and get a good reign to finish her seasoning at which point, the sky is pretty much the limit for her.

God willing. I only followed AEW before getting into ROH a month or so ago, and it was so jarring to come from seeing Queen Amanata wrestle a couple AEW matches at the beginning of the year and thinking, "Wow, she's probably gonna be pretty good in a few years."

Then tune in ROH where they actually turn her loose and oh my God. She's incredible. The ROH women's division is really good, and it's really hosed that this is the only promotion in the Khanverse where women actually get to show it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Time_pants posted:

God willing. I only followed AEW before getting into ROH a month or so ago, and it was so jarring to come from seeing Queen Amanata wrestle a couple AEW matches at the beginning of the year and thinking, "Wow, she's probably gonna be pretty good in a few years."

Then tune in ROH where they actually turn her loose and oh my God. She's incredible. The ROH women's division is really good, and it's really hosed that this is the only promotion in the Khanverse where women actually get to show it off.

e: trying not to multipost so much

Lamuella posted:

JD Drake's "$2 bill" promo was really good.

Hollllllllly poo poo. Yeah it was! Dude, JD Drake is the man