Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1510105108029321216?s=20&t=Fh0_hLJInnlQ1IvofQ5VCQ

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Penguin Patrol posted:

the SRS tweet is wrong, Gresham said Punk & Danielson

Well that will also kick rear end

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I tend to poo poo on Brian Cage in the AEW threads but I found myself popping for his surprise appearance here. He also seemed to have gained a lot more presence and personality since I last saw him on AEW--'twas a quality squash match!

Cage's faults were always being booked as a babyface without a mouthpiece and his bad takes online. He's great as a heel with a mouthpiece doing cool moves.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Agreed, I don't think a rebooted Tony Khan would have been as successful as a new promotion. A fully new promotion is way more of a disruptor.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

:hmmyes: After some deliberation I am down for this idea if he gets the right partner

Like Minoru Suzuki, born out of horrific respect?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dalton catches people though

Dalton catches people, has a jelly spine.

Miz catches nobody, is never injured.

Makes you think.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Elephant Ambush posted:

I feel like Deeb's character is way too much of an egomaniac for that to happen but it would be cool if they started a women's version of BCC

Yeah, some kind of submission sorority

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Was able to purchase the ROH PPV on Fite via VPN and noticed it doesn't have the Honor Club tag on it, so that service may be in its way out?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I do love Claudio but I hope Gresham ties him up in knots tonight

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SRS teasing a big ROH story. Wonder if it has to do with TV deals or something with Gresham?

Or nothing actually big at all.

Edit: whoops there it is

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1551258914670252033?s=20&t=TgTHD3Gm_uoO73fCelMpTA

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edward Mass posted:

I think the problem is that Tony Khan's ROH hasn't defined itself as its own thing yet. Right now, 90% of the identity is made on AEW programming.

Yeah, this is the main thing. I hope we get a TV deal announcement soon and I'm excited to see a full split between the rosters and which new ROH regulars will take the belts off of the AEW regulars.

Colt Cabana TV Champ in 2022 please.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

hot drat, they nearly doubled Supercard of Honor

I'd be curious to know how many people watched Supercard via Honor Club since they mentioned the service was still available for that show but not DBD.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edit: oops

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Joe is also more synonymous with ROH historically, so if you want to capture some portion of the old ROH audience then he's the one you'd want on the posters.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:pray: big money feud with house of blacxk

Members of the House of Boys please rise

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

Seems kinda poo poo to be a rushed set of tv tapings and loving up bookings(even if it is just Beyond)

One one hand, that does stink. On the other hand, Trish Adora (apparently) at the ROH tapings!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

“a man who cost him $100,000 at Christmas” is a wonderful phrase

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ugh FINE I’ll sign up for another god drat streaming service

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Have they said how long the weekly ROH show is going to be?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

ROH makes my fourth wrestling subscription service, but gently caress it, I :filez: everything else I watch

It's worth the :10bux: for the back catalog alone, especially since I've seen nearly none of it

Curious, what else are you subscribed to? For me it's just AEW+ and ROH right now. I'll end up doing Fite+ during Mania week to see all of the indie shows, not sure if I'll keep it on. I had subbed to NJPW for Wrestle Kingdom but felt myself falling off immediately after so didn't renew. Also dropped IWTV a while back because I just wasn't using it enough.

I just want more time to watch wrestling!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Any time I see that Rhett Titus is still wrestling I’m surprised that Rhett Titus is still wrestling. I don’t know if it’s a badge of honor (lol) to brag about spending your entire career in ROH.

Also, he is just painful to look at. He’s so trim and tan and jacked that he looks like he’s going to burst at any moment.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edge & Christian posted:

Rhett Titus is only 35.

There’s no loving way this can be true

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

Wow yeah, imagine representing the promotion you're currently appearing in as a big deal.

I mean I get it in that regard, I’m talking about real life

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Weird, there's an app on my android TV.

Me too! It’s just called Ring of Honor though and not Honor club if that helps.

My big gripe for the app is having to type in my email and password on multiple TVs. Gimme a QR code, Tony!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God drat.

Very stoked for Trish/Billie.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is up there with the King Kong Bundy Headstart and Andre The Giant Honeycombs commercials in the pantheon of great wrestler commercials.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MorningMoon posted:

i can't make time in my week for the ROH weekly show, it's just too much wrestling for me to follow two promotions even if ROH is the sister promotion, but i'm deffo in for the pape.

About the same here. I just watch it in bits and pieces over the weekend while working out and junk, really couldn’t squeeze in another 2 hours of wrestling on a Thursday night.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

She’s also currently one half of the Mission Pro tag champs with Raché Chanel

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Would be funny if the Rosa drama where she had someone complain to The Sheets about how her crew wasn't being used anymore (when they were still being used) led to AEW not bothering to book her crew anymore.

I remember someone trying to push this story a while back but can’t remember who. But a lot of people raised the counterpoint that her crew was typically just booked on the Jacksonville pandemic shows and whenever they were in Texas for the most part.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

didn't VertVixen wrestle on Rampage like 2 weeks ago lol

Vert has definitely grown out of the Texas loop crew. She’s the current Defy women’s champ and she’s debuting in TJPW in April.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Aussie Open v Daniels/Sydal was really good. Can't wait for the pape

I’ve seen Aussie Open a bunch and they don’t always do much for me but that match was great.

Also, Lady Frost rules. Skye Blue still looks a little tentative at times but that might have been her best match in AEW/ROH so far.

Darius looks like he’s still a beat behind but then again, I don’t remember seeing a ton of him as a singles guy before. I’m sure it’s hard to get back to normal after everything he’s been through.

I can’t wait to see Eddie beat Claudio on Friday!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Didn’t she almost have to retire recently? I feel like I vaguely remember her being out with an injury and things just getting progressively worse while she was hurt.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is going to be an insane weekend of wrestling and Supercard of Honor is a hell of a way to kick off the weekend. (even though technically I think The Collective stuff starts as early as Thursday, maybe?)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fez_machine posted:

At least Emi's getting more showcase matches and Tony's tweeting about her

I feel like maybe that Hayter match reminded him of how good she can be? She’s been more high profile since then.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I think he would 100% sell it but no one is going to bother buying that.

I feel like he’s also the kind of person who would try to angle for a job as part of the deal, and who the hell wants to hire Quack now

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DLC Inc posted:

Tanahashi, Vikingo, Samoa Joe, Claudio, Shibata, Lucha Bros, Yuta, Garcia, Athena, Yuka, Aussie Open all on the same card. loving insane, might be legit be one of the best shows I'll ever see

It’s weird that Athena/Yuka didn’t get mentioned in the rundown last night, and if it’s because they want to act like there’s a possibility Emi beats Athena tonight and the match changes then it’s weird they also didn’t mention that.

Unless they did and I was just distracted by my calzone.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Answers Me posted:

Thoroughly enjoying that, after months of handwringing about what the premise of ROH should be in relation to AEW, the answer is simply ‘what if we booked as many awesome matches as possible’

Ah, so the AEW method.

Cool to see Shazza on a Tony show again!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It’s so weird when you realize the new AEW barricades are clear plexiglass

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Holy gently caress, Athena/Emi kicked so much rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005