Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Edit: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Question about Pure rules: If you locked someone up in a ropes move like Tajiri's Tarantula, it would be legal if they had already exhausted their 3 rope breaks. But if you did it when they still had rope breaks left, and then stopped it before the referee's 5 count, would that count as a rope break?

First is questionable as the tarantula specifically has more of the body outside the ring than inside of it so it may be considered out of bounds. The ref won't be able to break it up but it probably doesn't count as a legal fall. The latter is true. Once the ref initiates a 5-count, it counts as a rope break

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

It’s worse in the AEW thread where now all but a few are fully anti-labor (until the next Vince news drops)

We’re not talking about someone being fired/depushed for forming a union or standing up to harassment here. He got upset that he was dropping the belt, shouted at his boss and proceeded to half-rear end his match.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah I posted that before i finished rampage, very curious who ftr is facing.

My guess is The Kingdom. The Gunns don’t seem appropriate and JayFF Jarrett is too gimmicky. FTR have said they want to work with The Kingdom and were allegedly big backers for them being brought in

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Remember when those CZW fans cut a promo against ROH.

It was filmed in someone's basement

"Can I get a Necro chant?" is burned into my memory

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Tato posted:

Just watching random old stuff since Tony Kahn got me to sign up, I'll never not laugh at Low Ki doing his deep warrior voice cutting promos in front of a High School gym's trophy display case

"GENTLEMEN! I am here to FIGHT!"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

wish tony would pay for some themes so they can be presented in their original blown out audio format

Homicide just doesn't feel like Homicide unless he has The Truth as his entrance

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1631470331570290690

Legit the best babyface in American wrestling right now

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Dickhead Claudio is great

This match should rule

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
That was sick from Athena. This is really great

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

rare Magic card l00k posted:

it wouldn't be ring of honor without some sort of laughable garbage with their ppvs

Rest in Piss GoFightLive. You aren’t missed at all

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Going back to the training thing for a second, the same is true about other sports. Great players are actually more often than not terrible coaches and most legendary coaches played at some level or another, but were usually pretty mediocre.

I’ve known for at least 10 years that Van Hammer trained the Briscoes and my brain still can’t process it properly

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFVYzMFQogk They got Joseph Montecillo to do the Eddie-Claudio video package, holy poo poo.

There's a part of me that suspects that Hero might be coming into ROH to cost Eddie the title and this video has only stoked that further

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gavok posted:

BDK wasn't really supernatural. They were just the Euro nWo.

I mean, they did have a magical mind-controlling artifact

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Me while watching the women’s title match tomorrow

https://twitter.com/jaymyke/status/1615963836460462080?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

Bold of you to assume Eddie is winning

Broke: Eddie is winning the title
Woke: Chris Hero costs Eddie the title
Bespoke: CM Punk costs Eddie the title

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

More evidence that Hero is costing Eddie the title. I believe!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Welcome aboard, the rebooted RoH has been some of my favourite wrestling of 2023. It just hits right.

But on the topic of the video library, could more experienced RoH heads recommend some good classic shows or matches to catch up on? There's just so much back log that starting to watch blind isn't really feasible.

Death Before Dishonor VIII in 2010 is superb if you can stand some crowd chants that haven’t aged well. Honor Takes Center Stage in 2011 was their 2-night Mania weekend show and it was amazing

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I assume he's actually beating Claudio that same week at the Hammerstein or whatever NYC area arena Tony books for an ROH taping/PPV.

It’s the perfect feud to finish in a Fight Without Honor

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I did like "As someone who's lost of a lot of matches, how does that affect your gameplan going forward Caprice?"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
gently caress it, ROH in Daleys Place, pandemic-style

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Willow vs Hyan should be sick. Saw Hyan a lot during her UK run and her style should work well with Willow.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm really glad DPW is starting to fill an indie wrestling space that has been missing in the last few years with the decline of GCW/Beyond and slowdown of PWG

I do wish The Boys still did the commentary but I completely understand why they don’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Oasx posted:

I know that everyone hates IWA:MS, but I discovered indie wrestling during the magic period when IWA:MS was good, the Ted Petty invitationals to this day are my favorite pro wrestling events.
Seeing Larry wrestle two of my favorite wrestlers is a real treat.

Only in IWA:MS could you see a match between Austin Aries and Mr Kennedy commentated by CM Punk.