Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Two of Muay Thai’s famed eight limbs. Banned in Japan. A short, devastating bone club used to smash faces. Bemoaned by paper-skinned folks with nonexistent takedown defense. It is time to honor The Elbow.

Nick Denis vs Joseph Sandoval

Miss u, Ninja of Love. Too often, folks say elbows just cut, they don't do real damage (As if tearing skin isn't damage, but whatever). Well, Nick Denis blasted a bunch of rapid fire elbows into Joseph Sandoval's head and knocked him the hell out in 22 seconds.

Anderson Silva vs Tony Fryklund

The great combo of Silva's rad striking and Fryklund's penchant for losing in weird ways join forces to give us the Ong Bak Elbow, which Silva says he practiced at home, with his wife, Mrs The Spider, holding a pillow because his coaches said it wasn't a viable strategy.

Chris Weidman vs Mark Munoz

What happens when you run face first into an elbow? You get your head smashed all gross.

Let's talk about other cool elbows, whether in MMA, kickboxing, Muay Thai, or Bernard Hopkins being a sneaky cheater and clonking people in boxing.

(I plan on doing a new move/technique each month, but that doesn't mean elbow chat has to stop on April 30th!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

molly mccanns elbow was super nasty

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
other elbows that i like and are cool but i didnt gif:

- dong hyun kim's spinning elbow on john hathaway

- matt brown's elbow of death on diego sanchez that was so vicious it took the broadcast off the air for 10 seconds (luckily i was there in person to see it)

- garry goodridge's crucifix elbows

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHDRJccbMVk

"I guess I have sharp elbows"
-Kenny "Kenflo" Florian "Florini," TUF Season 1

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

good thread for best strike

Jon Jones vs Brandon Vera

Before his assness was fully exposed to the world, Jon Jones basically ended Brandon Vera's time as an in any way relevant dude in the UFC by breaking his entire skull with one elbow and it ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

whos got some good muay thai elbow recs

either singular fights that feature elbows or fighters that use elbows a lot