Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i don't find it outlandish that someone would sit on a story and then release it at a time thought to be more destructive or higher profile, but i also dont know if or why der spiegel might have it out for city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1516134148980854797

:(

hug em if you got em

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
definitely had a very frustrating 0-0 draw pencilled in for that one

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I thought Sancho had some exciting moments yesterday but that could just be the effects of TAAs defensive prowess

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Slotducks posted:

United have a pretty strong squad

all they need is a #2 who can attack a bit, a #3 who can defend, a new 4 and 5 who can defend consistently, a 6 to hold down the midfield, a 7 and 11 to utilize their pace and leverage set pieces, a 9 who isn't 45 years old, and 10 who can do a bit of a run every once in a while

how much will all this cost

just hit me with it

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man i thought he was gone for sure after 24.

now do mo

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
sometimes he dives wildly at world-class players and destroys their knees so that's a kind of niche skill set

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
good enough to what? he's been good and productive in the prem and would have at least a squad role on any team in the league. he's not going to win any world player of the year awards and he isn't worth what they paid for him but he's not completely out of his depth

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
pulisic was coming from Dortmund where he had already done very well, he wasn't going to come to England to join Crystal Palace or something.

Chelsea definitely paid a premium for his age, assuming he continued to develop. he's obviously either plateaued or pegged out talent wise, so that buy doesn't look particularly great.

that said, as an example, he's still younger than Mo or Mane were before they made their moves to Liverpool, so it's still vaguely possible he hits that "legit starter for a champions League side" level. although I'd say it's probably equally possible 5 years from now is hoisting an MLS MVP trophy with a sour look on his face.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
leveraged buyouts are such a bizarre concept

like theoretically I could buy manchester united, using the value of manchester united as the collateral for the massive loan I took out to buy manchester united

point being we could all be owners of big time sports teams if we wanted

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the real challenge facing city is how will haalaaaand and mbappe fit together tactically

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
just pay whatever science needs to clone pele and play him off the bench, problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

Origi is leaving to join Milan when his contract expires this summer

Not a done deal yet but he seems certain to leave, Klopp's already eulogizing him.

I hope that dude gets full-time minutes and is awesome, he is a fun player and deserves it