Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Realized that with Turn A, you can sprint and charge his rifle at the same time. That makes him so much more effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nuebot posted:

Can you even get season pass points outside of the daily quests?

Yes. You get them by playing games. I think there is something where maybe you have to change up your suit every now and then to get more points?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Which Suits do you guys want to see added. I brought up the Kimaris Vidar, curious about other people’s opinions.

Acguy. Every Gundam anything needs Acguy.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
After a day of playing, I think the game has potential. I like the rotating king of the hill map. It has lots of paths and levels and allows for so much flanking and movement.

The capture and defuse maps have huge choke points that I dislike as they get stale quickly.

The suits are varied and most have abilities that are a spectacle, which is good.

The feel of shooting guns is kind of bad, but I do feel very anime with several of the suits.

The graphics are not good and performance should be better. Texture work is low detail, animations are OK, special effects could be better, lighting is basically non existent. Same with shadows. Maps and skins are rather bland.

Can't really recommend to people that aren't fans of the series or anime mechs because of the low production values and not great fun feel.

I still had a lot of fun, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Revitalized posted:

I thought I liked the Turn-A but I keep whiffing the grab and I'm not a fan of plinking with his gun. I do like his tankiness and nanoskin though.

I love that his reload animation is just "welp don't need this one anymore"

Sprint while charging and shoot charged shots while doing so! You have to let go of the sprint button to fire, though.

You end up more mobile than most other suits while still dealing good damage (510 with a fully charged headshot). Just skating around and stunting on people.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/landing/gundam-evolution-console-network-test

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I just want an Acguy, Hy-gogg, Z'Gok, Zogok, Gogg, Agg, Agguy, or Juaggu.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ninjewtsu posted:

i am so hype to nolife this game until it inevitably dies/the meta becomes insufferable in 2-3 months

Consoles will come in after those first 2-3 months, giving you up to 6 months to no life the game!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Diephoon posted:

oh god is it gonna be cross platform?

No idea, but I'm sure both platforms will have distinct metas.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Waffleman_ posted:

Also apparently the game's not unlocking until 7PM PT/10PM ET

Then this is barely the launch date, huh?

That's about noon in Japan, where the devs and target audience are, so makes sense to me.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Played for an hour and it was fun!

Have to wait until the 23rd to buy the currency to get the season pass, though. :(

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I guess a mini-review from my time earlier tonight:

The Good:
- gameplay is legit super fun between the speed, the map design, and unit abilities and weapons
- games don't take long to finish
- high skill ceiling

The Bad:
- menu ui is atrocious
- kill feedback is only obvious via sound cues
- map visuals are very bland

The Neutral:
- can't buy battle pass (or anything else) until the 23rd because that is when they will make the virtual currency available for purchase
- can't do ranked until you either hit lvl 20 (probably a week of solid play) or buy a battle pass

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am Level 8 and I have only done four matches.

Oh poo poo, I may have gotten the levels from account and the levels from battle pass confused.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Same

What makes the Asshimar good because I tried piloting it and it felt like poo poo

Mobility and area/objective denial.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
iirc, it forces units that have their shields out to drop their shields and have it go on cooldown

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RBA Starblade posted:

How does the game decide who were the MVPs? It keeps putting people up who got less in their stat than other people lol

I think KDA is a big part of it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Diephoon posted:

How do you all think the meta's gonna shape up? Hard to say without everyone having access to all of the suits currently but I'm wondering just how annoying a full shield/heal team can be.

Much less annoying than OW because there are abilities that force shields to immediately go on cooldown (or ignore shields altogether), shields have relatively little health, and every map has multiple paths around chokepoints that every suit can access.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RBA Starblade posted:

GM Sniper, Barbatos, Sazabi, Other, Other, Other

Remains to be seen how well the new chars work out though

Agree. Console meta will probably be different as Sniper and Barbatos aren't as oppressive on those platforms. (lack of precision with Sniper, lack of turn speed on Barbatos).

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Stairmaster posted:

whats the ideal range for the gm in your opinion

If you go into practice mode, there is a damage counter in the top left and you can use that to check the damage fall off of various weapons.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ninjewtsu posted:

where's my zakrello when do they put in the meme robot

acguy would also be an excellent pick

Yes, where is the Acguy???

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Revitalized posted:

I love the reload animation for some of the guns is you just wave it in the air for a second and ta da

The Turn A literally chucks his gun away and generates a new one out of thin air. That's probably close to lore accurate, though. lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Diephoon posted:

I'm not familiar with the Turn A but it feels like one of the weirder suits for sure. The kit is self healing and your gun and...a walk up grapple toss into a stun? The butterfly ult is hilarious and impactful though.

It was designed by Syd Mead and is totally rad in basically every way.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chumbler posted:

Because that one shot isn't necessarily the kill without either support from others or the sniper spending its vulcans.

On everything short of the Sazabi, it is, iirc.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RBA Starblade posted:

Are the servers still hosed or has that settled down?

It seemed fine when I played last night. Before that, I was playing on the Japan servers while waiting for stability on NA. The ping was actually reasonable! The game reported ~40-45ms for me around the DFW area.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Update. Wish we had more info on the specifics, but it sounds OK. https://gundamevolution.com/en/news/86

Improvement of Ranked Matches/Rating System

The mouse acceleration function applied in the game will be turned off.

The resolution for the screen error that turns white and freezes immediately after the end of matching.

Optimization of words that are prohibited in chat.

And everyone gets 10*Supply Pod Tickets

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Zomborgon posted:

Does anyone have any idea how to use the Mahiroo's (deep breath) Toroidal Shield With Mega Particle Cannon?

Between the weird locked-to-terrain-gridpoints targeting, delayed blast, and freezing oneself in place while casting, it really just seems like a "please kill me" button.

Unless you're trying to catch someone out while they chase you around a corner. That's about the only case I can imagine using it. And even then the damage is awful.

A few things. First, make sure before you use it that your gun is reloaded. Second, use your radar to find out where enemies are at. Then, you can use the TSwMPC from out of sight of your opponent and either hit them with it or have them move away so that you can get in place to land a bunch of nades.

It is sometimes also useful if you know where a Barbatos is about to land close to an ally and you plant it so that it hits him during his own stun so that he stays stunned for even longer and can't follow up or jump out and you pelt him with nades and allow your teammate to escape.

Similarly, you can also hit a Zaku Melee who is doing his invulnerable ability so that it hits him right after he finishes, allowing you and teammates to quickly kill him before he gets any benefit from his charge.

You don't use it for damage, but for the stun to catch people around corners that might not know you are there or to otherwise further punish suits that are immobilized for whatever reason.

In general, you should avoid directly looking at enemies as Mahiroo. Bounce your poo poo off walls and ceilings. Use the kick to create space when someone charges you.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Revitalized posted:

(Does the unicorn beam magnum pierce walls? Or only suits?)

I think it also pierces walls. Either that, or there was some serious lag when I was killed by one behind cover last night.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I think if there's any one thing that really drives me crazy it's the Control-style mode where you rotate taking one of three points, and how a team can be completely shut out but if they finally get the point before time, they can hold it until they win

It's better to give the opponent a few percent on one point in order to secure the next point (hopefully with some ultimates saved). Tactical retreat when time is up, focusing on not losing anyone seems to be the key to avoid throwing a huge lead in that game mode.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I want there to be a crossover with Hasbro's Transformers and have the Dinobots be the guest suits.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nuebot posted:

I love having to heal with Guntank, Sazabi or GM Sniper. There was not a fourth.

Picking up health packs counts.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ninjewtsu posted:

i'm still trying to figure out if the better move is to try to click them 3 times in the head or to get a charge headshot off

Charge your shot while the other suit is in the air do that it is ready to go when you are able to get your cursor on its head and then follow up with the normal shots.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Kitfox88 posted:

Yeah, it has virtually no range, you basically need to be touching them. Good for bashing people off ledges in Harbor though.

Or countering a Turn A trying to grab you.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Good soup! posted:

Man this game does not play nice with any streaming software, shadow play, obs, etc are all just choppy messes

I can stream everything else just fine

Worked well for me through Gamecaster. I have a 5950X and a GTX 1070, so I used software encoding at the Medium or Slow preset (can't remember which) with no issues. 6000 CBR, keyframe of 2. Don't remember if there is any other notable setting.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 30, 2022

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Chillgamesh posted:

Honestly this game's map design has been standout compared to other recent FPS. I can't think of a single map that I outright hate playing on. Even Lunar Comm Base with the dumb gimmick of adjacent team spawns is pretty fun.

The only maps I dislike are that one Attack/Defend moon map and Harbor. And that is because they both have single chokepoints where there are no easily accessible alternate routes around.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nuebot posted:

My biggest issue is that no matter how dead on I feel I am, it always seems to count as a body shot instead.

You could always record your play and watch a replay in order to better analyze why your shots are not hitting where you think they should be.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nuebot posted:

that is beyond my know how, I'm real stupid

If you have Nvidia, Shadowplay is easy and simple. There is also a game recording feature built into Win 10 and newer. With either solution, you can start/stop recordings with keyboard shortcuts.

Or you can use something like Gamecaster or OBS to stream to twitch or YouTube so that the videos are saved on their servers instead of your computer. Lower quality, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nuebot posted:

every match I've played today has been the same. Me and maybe one other guy on the team are actually pushing, taking the point. Everyone else on the team will literally stop OUTSIDE of the point. They'll go everywhere but the point. They'll dash side to side around the point. But they will never, ever, set foot inside of it and I want to die.

Sounds like average team-and-objective-based gaming, to me. :p

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Sweet, boost hopping.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RevolverDivider posted:

Gundam Mark V is a huge boy with a big shield. Could also do Virtue using its GN Field.

And Sandrock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Kitfox88 posted:

add the acguy god dammit