Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is there a resource for damage numbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I felt Barbatos was mostly fine and the data seems to support that. He's a unit that you have to focus down and punishes you if you don't hunt him down which to some can feel like a unit shouldn't warp how you play but to me its not different than making sure you shield break Sazabi or don't peak a Sniper to me.

By the end of the beta almost matches had people pinging out Sniper, Sazabi, Exia and Barbatos.

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 28, 2022

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://gundamevolution.com/news/71

quote:

GUNDAM EVOLUTION -Mission Briefing-, a new and exciting series on the latest news on GUNDAM EVOLUTION, will be premiered on Youtube on Thursday, September 6th, from 06:00AM(PDT)!

Stay tuned as it will include important information as well as loads of new updates.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDAQhzygO_nyKn5XHsB3MXw

Scheduled to start September 6th at 06:00AM.
*It will be a pre-recorded video and its duration will be approximately 8 minutes.
*Do not mirror the video or audio of the GUNDAM EVOLUTION: Mission Briefing without permission.
Co-streaming without mirroring is allowed.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sounds similar to how Apex does it, which is decent.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DropTheAnvil posted:

Does this game have any sort of MMR with casual play? Just got pushed back to spawn in a few of the games I have played, which isn't very fun.

Not entirely sure but I was running into names I recognized from the network test

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Comp is gonna depend on the game mode but I'd be surprised if 3 slots weren't dedicated to GM, Gundam, and Sazabi.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

I'll be pretty shocked if the meta doesn't demand a sazabi on both teams every match ngl. Just on a basic level no other suit provides that kind of beef to your team - only the gm comes close and there's a lot more ways to quickly kill it. With the high mobility and lethality of the game having robot that can step on the point and say "I'm not getting off here until you kill all my buddies first or every member of your team shoots at me at once" is both unique and valuable

Gundam landing a mace into a few headshots can pretty much solo a Sazabi. But that's part of why I think every shield gundam being on the team is gonna be a thing bc you only have so many shield breakers.

Kanos posted:

I feel like whether or not GM becomes meta depends on how prevalent stuns and shield breaks end up being. Sazabi and Gundam both benefit hugely from their shields but aren't 100% reliant on them to function - Sazabi has fat rear end HP and good mobility and Gundam has a ranged stun and what amounts to a marksman rifle - whereas if you can null the GM's shield the suit dies instantly and contributes nothing.

I feel like GMs ult and the fire + heal grenades are just too good at holding down a spot.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

chumbler posted:

Boy I am totally useless with Exia. The slash is really hard to aim and in a scramble I can't hit the broad side of a barn in the 0.5 seconds I'm alive. Throwing daggers is strong, but it feels like that's kind of the wrong thing to be doing vs trying to flank the other team.

If Exia's unchanged from the network test he just kinda fell into a worse and harder to use Barbatos category.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Once I finish with my battlepass, because I spent ten dollars on it, I don't think I'm going to play this game further unless they legit just do something about the sniper. It fires almost as fast as the Turn A's rifle does, but does vastly more damage and you don't even need to score headshots consistently to exert a disproportionate amount of influence over the battlefield, bodyshots do enough damage that if you're not two-shotting most things, your team can mop them up ridiculously fast (or you can finish off things your team is engaging with) from such a distance away the enemy team either has to divert someone to go deal with you, or have a sniper do a stupid sniper duel with you; something defeated entirely by stepping behind a mild wall. The sniper currently just makes the game kinda suck because it shits out damage or instant death with almost no downside between being a bit squishy, which is dumb considering it's almost always outside of most suit's effective range anyway and out shoots anything besides another sniper that might want to kill it from range.

Flank it with Barb or Zaku or use GM to just snipe back at it and kill it in 2 shots while you have a shield, if they're corner camping + peaking you can spam rockets with dom too.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sazabi, Methus, Pale Rider, Asshimar, Exia, Dom Trooper was the winning team's comp in the twitch rivals tourney.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1605661140

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34zNrGgcek

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

this games ftw. looking forward to the patch notes, hope they buff melee zaku

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

my hopes for the patch:

Melee zaku LMB doing triple digit damage

Mahiroo having a bigger clip size than 3 or more dmg and his skill not locking himself for 2 seconds

Exia ranged dmg nerfed or a dash removed.

Sniper HP nerfed to 600

Unicorn passive nerfed

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Making Zaku’s left click better and his ult worse sounds like a sensible decision

Yea, his ult could use with a duration reduction in exchange for actually doing left click damage.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I ran into an unusual amount of GM players scoring an unusual amount of G-Maneuvers during my matches last night. I'm not saying anyone is cheating, but is there some new legit strategy or possibly an exploit that's got popular with him? Usually when I see a bunch of people doing the same thing in an online game in a short span, it's a streamer's doing.

the napalm farms your ult very fast. if the enemy team stupidly rushes out of spawn while you have a napalm down you can get 30% in the first few seconds.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is crashing really as big a problem as people make it out to be? I keep seeing people explaining away leavers as probable crashes, but among my friend group there's been I think one crash since launch. At any rate, I've had five games out of the last six with a disconnect disadvantaging my team. (The last one we actually had two to the opponent's one, but still pulled it out.) I don't know if I'd be more or less satisfied to know it's just the game being unstable.

Crashes happen fairly often, sometimes it's even the whole team.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Did they really buff GM Sniper II's headshot to oneshot every suit in the game? Lol. I thought it was a hacker but it's every game

It always oneshot everyone but like Sazabi

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

yes exactly whether it kills you instantly or you put it down because it whiffed this interaction isn't interesting gameplay and that's why barbatos sucks, because its gameplay presence consists solely of this singular interaction

i would like to fight a barbatos not avoid a jumpscare then play chase the rat

What do you want fighting Barbatos to look like? because it sounds like you want them to just walk at you while you shoot at them and then do no damage if they reach you before they die?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

trunkh posted:

Have the said what specific changes to unlocks and capital they will be making anywhere?

lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

What a strange story this game is. A game that hit at the perfect time, seemed to strike gold, and had a huge initial following and then bled out its entire playerbase like a firehose because their response to various player issues and grievances was about as rapid and responsive as continental drift.

It bled players because Overwatch 2 came out 3 weeks later lol. 20k player peak a week before OW2 and 7k player peak a week later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

It got a pretty big influx of players when OW2 also hosed it up, then Evo faceplanted even harder lol

No? It doesn't gain players until Nov 24th 2022 where it goes from 1.8k to 2.1k