Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
What's your limit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Weird though it might sound, it’s sometimes served in pints in UK pubs and restaurants (in a pint glass, with a long fork and toast points). One doesn’t fill much of a gap, so maybe two pints?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
idk maybe like 3 or 4 fistfuls

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

At least 7, but what if I turn pink

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Can I just eat the prawns or do I have to drink the tomato sauce or thousand island dressing or whatever is supposed to go with them too?

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Using the cocktail sauce to lubricate my gullet. I would say I could eat five and a half.

I'd put the remaining half back, slightly coated in sauce to hide my greed.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
A hectare

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Can I just eat the prawns or do I have to drink the tomato sauce or thousand island dressing or whatever is supposed to go with them too?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Cold shrimp is disgusting I only eat my shrimp piping hot off the barbie

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Caught midair in my mouth off a hibachi is also acceptable

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Its two part mayonnaise and one part tomato sauce.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I ate a whole ring once but it made my pee smell like shrimp the next day so I learned lesson.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Not gonna lie: probably an entire party tray in one sitting, as shameful and embarrassing as it sounds :(

loving LOVE ME some shrimp.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
i ate two pounds of shrimp yesterday for dinner, so probably that.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I can eat a lot of shrimp OP. I've never seen how much shrimp I can eat in one sitting though. Because I live in Nebraska and that would get really loving expensive quick.

Also I'd probably enjoy it more if they were fried shrimp. And I'll also pass on the lovely sauce.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
The last time I ate prawns, so you think eh, a kilo is how many each and theres X people and you should double that, no and chuck in a kilo more...just in case

And I think prawns are a sometimes food, you can eat your skull size, prawns held in your hands about the size of your head, almost exactly, and any more is not great.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What kind of shrimp should I make for dinner today?

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Who What Now posted:

Cocktail

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's not really a cocktail until you puree it in a blender and serve in a glass

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Who What Now posted:

Red coconut curry

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Treecko posted:

I ate a whole ring once but it made my pee smell like shrimp the next day so I learned lesson.

yeah i usually eat an entire cheap grocery store ring every new years but that's about as much as i can handle

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
About 270 grams

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I haven't eaten prawns (as we call them here) for years. The thought of all the heads and legs and poo poo veins puts me off.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nooner posted:

About 270 grams

So maybe one prawn?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I could eat a thousand shrimps cocktail (u.s. style) but i dont think i want even a single pink sauce covered "prawn cocktail" OP

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I find the sauce a bit gross and the presentation a bit gauche but I can pound a lot of shrimp TBH, presentation irrelevant

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shrimp are easy to eat a lot of and you're stupid if you can't or don't and I will loving find you

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

No joke I'd probably eat the whole platter and then go for some more because I don't want that party to end.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Who's buying?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

none because I don't really like shrimp very much

if the hibachi chef wants to toss one in my mouth I'll let him but otherwise pass

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I didn't eat shrimp for years but then I decided that was stupid and forced myself to eat it until I liked it (a lot of it was getting over the texture)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I used to love shrimp, but now the boiled and chilled things don't really do it for me.

Ask me how many pounds of crawfish I could eat in one sitting. THEN we're talking real quantities.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Cold shrimp is disgusting I only eat my shrimp piping hot off the barbie

Who What Now posted:

I didn't eat shrimp for years but then I decided that was stupid and forced myself to eat it until I liked it (a lot of it was getting over the texture)

You sound like a frickin baby get the hell outta here with your garbage rear end shrimp opinions and let the adults talk about important things (shrimp and eating shrimp cocktails)

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Prawns will kill ya, stay away

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Let's take look at some of the 50 thousand photos on Instagram tagged "prawn cocktail"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

You sound like a frickin baby get the hell outta here with your garbage rear end shrimp opinions and let the adults talk about important things (shrimp and eating shrimp cocktails)

You dip shrimp in glorified ketchup don't talk to me about garbage rear end shrimp opinions, nerd

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have never once in my life seen 'shrimp cocktail' ever served anything near to that in any form.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

I have never once in my life seen 'shrimp cocktail' ever served anything near to that in any form.

well that's just what comes to mind for millions of people in not America. and thats Beautiful to me.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

near to what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

You dip shrimp in glorified ketchup don't talk to me about garbage rear end shrimp opinions, nerd

It's called cocktail sauce and I don't need to take this from you. Mods please.
It clearly has horseradish in it for esteemed connoisseurs of shrimps and things like shrimp.