Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nothing, BRB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

It's called cocktail sauce and I don't need to take this from you. Mods please.
It clearly has horseradish in it for esteemed connoisseurs of shrimps and things like shrimp.

Call the cops

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AARD VARKMAN posted:

well that's just what comes to mind for millions of people in not America. and thats Beautiful to me.

That's horrifying.

Is it supposed to be like, remoulade on it or what?
Why...who would do that?

It's the loving british again isn't it

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

Nothing, BRB

A hot lamp that may cause a fire

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

That's horrifying.

Is it supposed to be like, remoulade on it or what?
Why...who would do that?

It's the loving british again isn't it

its mayonnaise and catsup

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Banana or tomato

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Banana or tomato

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

EWWWW!!!

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

I would strike you in person

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

ngl I would probably try this.

Like Worcestershire, it would probably just end up gathering dust with the other "I'll probably use this in cooking" sauces.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I thought about this question and it made me have to poo poo no lie.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I'm jealous of you shrimp eaters, I developed an allergy a few years back so now if I have shrimp I'll just puke the rest of the night.

It sucks being an inferior human now

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Combo posted:

I'm jealous of you shrimp eaters, I developed an allergy a few years back so now if I have shrimp I'll just puke the rest of the night.

It sucks being an inferior human now

my mom just developed a peanut allergy at 75 - why does that happen? why is the human body so poorly designed and stupid?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

kntfkr posted:

my mom just developed a peanut allergy at 75 - why does that happen? why is the human body so poorly designed and stupid?

My wife is allergic to shellfish and tree nuts. Cashews and peanuts are fine. But living in a Gulf state, most of the local cuisine is off limits.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

kntfkr posted:

Our bodies are always trying to kill us hope this helps

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
maybe it's all a nefarious plot by our skeletons to escape us

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AARD VARKMAN posted:

its mayonnaise and catsup

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
mushroom ketchup is the original ketchup idiots

oh duhhh,... VANILLA ice cream?>??

thats you guys

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Walrus posted:

mushroom ketchup is the original ketchup idiots

oh duhhh,... VANILLA ice cream?>??

thats you guys

It was walnut ketchup

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

How the hell am I supposed to dip my shrimp in an invisible condiment?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
It's for hiding it so no one swipes your shrimp at work.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
if i developed a shellfish allergy i would be infinitely pissed

like 10 pounds is my answer

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

20 Blunts posted:

if i developed a shellfish allergy i would be infinitely pissed

like 10 pounds is my answer

I thought I'd developed one but I went and got tested and didn't test as allergic to it but the last three times I ate shellfish I threw up and got horrible stomach cramps/diarrhea so I'm confused.

I really want to try it again but I also don't wanna throw up. One of these days I'll take the plunge and see if my body can handle it. I guess at least I won't die probably if I eat it but apparently my stomach doesn't agree with it any more

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I made shrimp tacos, BTW and they were absolutely delicious

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I could probably put away like 2 party platters.

Shrimp cocktail sauce is ketchup with horseradish and a dash of wooster. GIS "shrimp cocktail sauce" for fucks sake, it's not made of mayo

Like you can dip your shrimp in whatever you want but let's be clear on what shrimp cocktail sauce is

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I don't know, but I'm gonna find out...

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Eleventybillion, OP

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I could probably eat like 2 dozen fried shrimp but shrimp cocktail is maybe like 6. :munch:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Tbf though I feel like there's even more of a difference between cocktail sauce made with non bought ketchup and store cocktail than there is between the respective component catsups, for sure reason.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Who What Now posted:

I made shrimp tacos, BTW and they were absolutely delicious

Shrimp tacos are amazing and I'd rather eat my shrimp that way instead of in a cocktail.

This is a timely thread because just yesterday I fell down the Wikipedia rabbit hole and eventually landed on shrimp cocktail and this has been bothering me ever since:

Wikipedia posted:

According to the English food writer Nigel Slater, the prawn cocktail "has spent most of (its life) see-sawing from the height of fashion to the laughably passé" and is now often served with a degree of irony.

How do you serve food "ironically"?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
No interest in cocktail sauce. Give me nude shrimps with Old Bay and I could definitely do a pound.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Thunder Bear posted:

Shrimp tacos are amazing and I'd rather eat my shrimp that way instead of in a cocktail.

This is a timely thread because just yesterday I fell down the Wikipedia rabbit hole and eventually landed on shrimp cocktail and this has been bothering me ever since:

With a vibe of "haha isn't it so funny we're actually eating this," like when people make horrifying bananas and hot dogs in aspic from old cookbooks, but not as far along that line

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I think it involves not using plates

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Thunder Bear posted:

im not sure but good reminder in this wiki to go pick up some shrimp/crab flavored chips

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Thunder Bear posted:

Serving all my food on Alanis Morrisette emblazoned flatware from now on.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

American cocktail sauce is the superior condiment and is made from mild chili sauce with horseradish and lemon and maybe a lil vermouth and fresh ground pepper.

British cocktail, or Mary rose sauce is a loving creamy pink abortion.

I was putting together a big seafood raw bar grazing board thing for a yacht excursion and had "cocktail sauce" on the run sheet and served the American version because fresh tiger prawns and Mayo is stupid. People loved it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Thunder Bear posted:

In a crystal goblet

E:

Poohs Packin posted:

American cocktail sauce is the superior condiment and is made from mild chili sauce with horseradish and lemon and maybe a lil vermouth and fresh ground pepper.

What are you talking about, American cocktail sauce is ketchup and horseradish.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

What's your limit?

how many scrimp in one cocktail.

cause i was going to say like 40, but if it's more than 1 shrump per cocktail, i would rethinkl my answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Let's take look at some of the 50 thousand photos on Instagram tagged "prawn cocktail"

eww no wtf

like someone said, cocktail sauce is heavy on the horseradhsi and lemon/lime, and black pepper, and probably some sort of ketchip

(id probably eat the poo poo out of those things, whatever they are)