Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I used to love shrimp, but now the boiled and chilled things don't really do it for me.

Ask me how many pounds of crawfish I could eat in one sitting. THEN we're talking real quantities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

ngl I would probably try this.

Like Worcestershire, it would probably just end up gathering dust with the other "I'll probably use this in cooking" sauces.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

kntfkr posted:

my mom just developed a peanut allergy at 75 - why does that happen? why is the human body so poorly designed and stupid?

My wife is allergic to shellfish and tree nuts. Cashews and peanuts are fine. But living in a Gulf state, most of the local cuisine is off limits.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

Upstate NY, in the late 90s at least. Looks like they discontinued the shrimp jars about a decade ago

https://www.ediblelongisland.com/2018/05/22/how-beloved-seafood-company-sau-sea-has-kept-it-in-the-family-for-70-years/

I definitely remember my parents serving orange juice in those

Thank you! I was trying to think where I saw them, and have lived in different states so my memories get crossed sometimes. Price Chopper definitely carried those.