Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Who What Now posted:

What kind of shrimp should I make for dinner today?

Red coconut curry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nooner posted:

About 270 grams

So maybe one prawn?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

American cocktail sauce is the superior condiment and is made from mild chili sauce with horseradish and lemon and maybe a lil vermouth and fresh ground pepper.

British cocktail, or Mary rose sauce is a loving creamy pink abortion.

I was putting together a big seafood raw bar grazing board thing for a yacht excursion and had "cocktail sauce" on the run sheet and served the American version because fresh tiger prawns and Mayo is stupid. People loved it.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

blight rhino posted:

all these have ketchupy ... or catsup. i forgot who i'm arguing with, but you defi make cocktail sauyce with ketchup and other stuff

I've always used Heinz chili sauce which can be a bit harder to find for home cooks but it's really not far off from ketchup. It's got tiny diced onions through it and is a lil bit spicier.

They make a hot version too but when I said chili sauce I didn't mean like Mae Ploy although some of that with Kewpie Mayo makes a great dipping sauce for tempura prawns.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qP97PPTufJA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I mean you can get that sort of glassware at Salvos pretty cheap and pick up some red velvet by the yard at hobby lobby. All I'm saying is you may be able to fund this fantasy without a windfall of cash.