Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
The answer to the topic question: obviously yes

I do have a side question that’s kind of related. With all of the articles/discussions around this topic, why aren’t intersex athletes also discussed with them or even much at all? For those who are against transgender athletes competing, it’s probably inconvenient. But including them in the discussion seems, to me, to strengthen the argument that our gender (or sex) categorization of many sports should probably just be rethought anyways.

Hopefully this doesn’t make it seem like I’m tokenizing either intersex or transgender people, because that’s not my intent. It just seems like they both face a lot of the same discrimination in sports

Kalit fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

mastershakeman posted:

Title IX exists for a reason, maybe you disagree with it but it's there.

It seems like everything else can be solved with reasonable testosterone level guidelines

Title IX isn't about sex segregation? At least I'm assuming Borscht was talking about 1 category that included everyone and not only males.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

So….I’m confused. At first, when Koos took over as moderation and it was announced positions would not be moderated, a lot of people were excited. But now, when the possibility of a naive person who read some bullshit headline about transgenders in sports come up, that support is suddenly flipped into something akin to “ban immediately”?

I’m honestly confused. Obviously, some people are bringing it up in bad faith. But that’s not always the case. How to differentiate it of course is another question

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm curious exactly what post you're defending as the work of a 'naive person', because I can't say I've seen any of that here.

Oh yea, after that person kept posting, it became obvious. 1000% after the pm poo poo came out. But I’m talking about the hypothetical after their very first post, which seemed stupid but possibly good faith still

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

A big flaming stink posted:

so like, let's take a look at the example in question:

starting with "hot take" on this topic is never a good sign. I guess if we kind of squint reallllly hard, you could make the argument this poster is just stupid rather than bigoted? There's uh, some weirdness going on with the "Transitioning women cant compete in men's sports, whereas transitioning men compete" part because it seems like he's misgendering the trans athletes based on their aab gender, but honestly it parses so weirdly im willing to let it slide. its borderline, but i wont outright call you an idiot if you say that this doesnt deserve moderation intervention on the spot.

Now let's see the next post:

Yeah, at this point it's dead obvious what's going on. Disliking the term "cis" is such a sign of ignorance, and then to describe lia in terms of biological essentialism is just blatantly aping transphobic rhetoric. To top it off, he does the standard PC gone mad! to imply that being anti-transphobia is an "aGeNDa"

do you disagree with these assessments of the posts?

TBH, in a vacuum, I could read those as some opinion by a lovely person who I grew up with in rural MN that could be swayed away from their position. Maybe I'm naive, but :shrug:

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

some plague rats posted:

You seem far more concerned with the feelings and opinions of some hypothetical dipshit you grew up with than those of the people you're talking to right here and now who are affected by this poo poo so I don't know if "naive" is the word I would use.

I'm sorry I'm concerned with changing people's views on a forum about Debate & Discussion.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 9, 2022

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Quick correction, don’t refer to a person as “a transgender”. It’s just “a trans person”, or “_____ is trans”.

Thank you for the correction, I will be more conscious of this in the future.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

E: Nevermind, mis-read a post

Kalit fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I don't know what the solution is, I know little about gender studies, that's why I'm asking folks w more knowledge and experience. Housing trans folks in separate facilities seems like the least-messy solutiom

Do you think prisons should be separated by gender?

I'm confused, what does fertility/two people being able to reproduce have to do with gender?