Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Tbh this thread really could serve for a general thread on the attacks on trans people right now,

Otherwise appreciate the thread, and instead of the title maybe trans athletes and the bigot hypocrisy might be a better title. At first it sounds like a debate when instead there really isn't one, trans people should not be barred and attacked like they have been and anyone saying otherwise is an rear end in a top hat that doesn't belong here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Here's my take as a cis white male.

Who gives a loving poo poo let them play sports and do whatever.

This isn't a hot take, or disputing the op, literally my say and opinions should hold no water on the ability for someone to play a sport, because it's about giving someone a goal in life, a drive, and the feeling that they themselves through hard effort and their own personal drive did something and got where they want.

Why should I tell anyone that they can't play a sport because they aren't some puritan standard. gently caress that

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
A trans or LGBT thread like fritz said that's focused on the absolute horrid poo poo that the gop is pushing through to attack, and basically destroy lives for LGBT and specifically trans people would be beneficial, there's so much poo poo that is happening that is drowned out in the current trashheap of US current events. Just the absolute child abuse of the Texas CPS, and the other state that just made it a criminal felony to give trans kids puberty blockers alone is worth having a thread for to provide updates and things that need to be shared. Saying that this is up for debate is ignoring that this is meant to be a subforum that provides information and more indepth discussion on things, and DnD has not always been about debating things, many times its for providing actual facts and research much like this thread started out as.

before every dumbfuck decided that this is the best place to come show their rear end (as a honeypot its worked wonders but goddamn no one deserves to be attacked by them)

And honestly, I agree with fritz, an actual thread dedicated to LGBT issues right now and how badly they are being attacked by craven assholes would be better then trying to find updates or new attacks between the newest relitigation of whatever US current events is

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Shageletic posted:

Known malefactors need to be banned on sight. And honestly goons are good at spitting out facts about why someone is wrong after they get probated. If something like that should happen, mods need to be really on their toes and allow it to be a space run by LGBT folk instead of people looking for a debate coliseum.

transphobes should be banned on sight, theres no difference from them to anyone else that says a minority doesnt deserve to exist or deserves to be treated like poo poo.

This isn't a soft line, its something that literally has been a huge cultural change on this forum for the last half a decade with many goons transitioning and coming out as who they are. Irregardless of anything else with this forum, there's no fine line, there's no compromise, this shouldn't debate in any part of the forum and any goon, mod, or admin that thinks so needs to be removed.

Again, the op made an amazing first post that could have been an excellent starting point to talk about the issues currently facing trans athletes, and we actively had numerous people posting some of their experiences especially their experience with how hormones made many of the claims by the moral outrage idiots false. The major issue here was that there apparently an idea that its ok to have both sides poo poo at all, instead of having the mods stamp it down hard from the get go because there's this harebrained idea that DND is all about debate when in fact its not.

DnD is not just about debate, theres ample threads here that arent that. Hell one of the best threads for a long time was the presidential thread which literally is a massive book sized project with so much info. There is absolutely no reason this thread can't exist here except for the dumb idea that everything has to allow both sides bullshit like cable news.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Fluffdaddy posted:

My working theory has always been that the majority of oppression in the United States comes from the institution of white supremacy. It infests every facet of our society and every year it finds new and exciting ways to bare its teeth against marginalized people.

I feel you have some of it, however I also feel part of it is about controlling people through the use of targeted attacks on things they don't understand or are scared of.

Much of this tends to be from a top down angle, and much of the time from religious or "religious" leaders that are using it in order to control their flock. Finding a group to marginalize and paint as a problem serves as a way to control them, push an agenda and make money and power for the leaders. many times fear and ignorance serve as an avenue that can be used to drawn in people and then use them for their own purposes.

Blah if I'm not at work I can explain my thought process a bit better, but I've always felt that alot of the big things from alot of the evangelical and televangelist crowds is about milking a population in order to get power and fame, and using minorities serves as an easy way to get a group to listen and then guide them to follow what you want. This also is something you see with Christian scientists and faith healers, and then antivax poo poo.

Mind you your probably are absolutely right that the intial seed for the leader is about hatred and wanting those people to disappear.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

VitalSigns posted:

E: nevermind; op deleted

I'm old and sometimes I just cut to the chase, they won't be satisfied with anything less and I'm tired of pretending otherwise.

I apologize if I gave any offense or insult to trans or intersex individuals or allies (or anyone but TERFs), that was not my intention.

It wasnt cutting to the chase, it was coming in and dropping a shitpost that literally sounded like some of the poo poo many of the transphobes post on other places online or earlier in this thread. Sometimes actually thinking and looking at what you post is needed because fluffdaddy was correct, it was a godawful thing to post and actively did nothing but make you look like an rear end in a top hat and could be hurtful as hell to people.

The last thing this thread needs is more hot takes, legit this conversation on how an intersex woman is being targeted is interesting and likely unknown to most of us. Legit her medical condition is something that can happen to many woman and they don't know until years and years later with testing. It's actually a quirk of biology that results in it.

So the way that most animals develop is fairly standard and almost identical, nervous system and digestive forming first with the heart. The reproductive system isn't just formed with male or female gonads, but develops starting with a single layout that is identical, and hormones from the x or y chromosome cause the differentiation into the male and female respective organs. For the rare people with a genetic issue that results in an resistance to the hormones, they don't actually develop correctly, and instead the fetus grows a reproductive system that mimics the opposite sexes, typically a female organ system. It's a quirk of biology due to the shared developmental system. In all respects and purposes to her, her body has a tolerance to testosterone that happened due to a genetic quirk, she developed into a woman with all of the traits, her ovaries are just testies that are inside her. She might have higher T levels but for her, her body actually doesn't respond to it due to her genetic profile. The only "thing" that says she isn't a woman, is people that say that her xy genetic profile says so, which is just transphobic garbage.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_gonads

I wish I had access to the anatomy slides or information from class, we actually touched on it at the time because it was very interesting and new to many of us, but also because the teacher was heavily invested in making sure we understood that there's genetic reasons for some things, and that bigotry and hatred had no part in our fields. That and a massive feminist and LGBT leader :unsmith: she was a great teacher and really pushed back on some of the poo poo being spouted.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Jaxyon posted:

Caster Semenya is a woman, and has lived her entire life as such.

this tbh, she has an androgen insensitivity disorder, whether it be mild or complete. People with this disorder may produce testosterone, but physically look identical to any woman on the street because based on the degree, they cannot physically respond to male sex hormones.

The fact that her personal medical history and condition has become a massive flashpoint is disgusting, she isnt doping, she isnt cheating, she was born in a way that through a genetic fluke her body developed in a way that resulted in her not reacting to her bodies natural hormone. If anything, the IAFF should have handled this much much better, and much more lowkey in order to protect her privacy once it was determined she wasn't doping like so many others have been in the olympics.

Edit ^^^ tnh read more between the lines, its that they want to make an excuse for their ruling and they are throwing poo poo at the wall to do so. While her appearance is somewhat masculine she obviously is femine in a way that absolutely was through a normal female puberty (which guess what someone with androgen insensitivity goes through besides the period issue!) Much of her appereance also can be attributed to being an extremely fit athlete that engages in running, similar to other woman that are in similar shape.

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 12, 2022

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Was gonna say, I know several woman with PCOS, and it does cause masculine characteristics like heavier body hair and some other issues that cause issues for woman that have it, all by causing some degree of higher level testosterone in the blood.

Again, the issue here is the IAFF trying to make reasons stick for being bigots, not that there is an actual excuse for what they are doing. Even if the athlete had mild androgenn insensitivity, it means that she still will never be at the performance of a male athlete (even if she took testosterone replacements because she'd need massive levels to overcome her resistance) hell it may be a reason why she said that the t blockers made her sick. All of this is speculation brought on by the committees desire to attack her personal medical history and release it which still feels icky as hell as a medical professional.

Still, the whole point of this is they want to allow an example to be made due to bigotry, made worse by more then likely racial overtones.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

PeterCat posted:

People had no problems calling Jarmila Kratochvilova "mannish." Or are Czechs not white in your world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObikI1d8xPI

That's a load of steroids right there goddamn

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Koos Group posted:

Thank you for reporting them rather than accusing them in thread, at least at first. I reviewed Colonel Cool's posts, and they appear to be making the argument that the evidence suggests a possibility of an advantage, not that it confirms with certainty there is an advantage, and they have been consistent in how they treat this position as well as responsive to challenges, so I don't believe they're posting in bad faith.

its bad faith, and its inherently just to be an rear end in a top hat and say that trans athletes are using an advantage and its transphobic garbage. The op had it correct that this thread is a honeypot and people arguing that trans athletes inherently are cheating by using the actual medications needed to allow them to be themselves are disgusting.

This is not a both sides area of topic, this thread should be about discussing how god loving awful trans athletes are treated because of transphobia and hatred towards minorities.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
It's amazing we need to have a just asking questions idiot keep trolling a thread, and it be considered ok because the head mod wants to think that debate and evading points is valid in a thread about trans people

This is loving disgusting and the same transphobic garbage that happens on Facebook and reddit, there's absolutely no reason that we need to have someone here that wants to be that rear end in a top hat and do quiet transphobia in order to harass others and just be a dick

There's no debate here, there's absolutely no evidence or even backing up of anything, just evading direct questions and moving goalposts. It's toxic garbage

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Hell we have people in this very thread that explained how going on her actually made them weaker and it harder to work out!!!!

But that is all false and not true information and can't be taken into account to satisfy the terf