Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
If it's about fairness it's not I think the real issue is left-handed people in baseball. Ban those sick filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Also "this subset of people are common in this sport" doesn't necceitate them being better suited to it somehow. Correlation, causation, etc.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
What's your point here? Many things can be an advantage or disadvantage at a sport. Like Michael Phelps and his lower production of lactic acid, or those dastardly lefties.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
"They would have an advantage because I feel like they would" isn't evidence. "Common sense" is wrong about a lot of things, just accept your first idea was wrong.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
So that WebMD article doesn't list any actual examples, and most of the statements are qualified with the same "I feel like it would have to be this way".

The idea of safety in contact sports comes up but I still haven't seen any examples of it happening. Following from that would be any reasoning why it was unique to them being trans, instead of just all people having a variety of body types.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Trans women are women even if they haven't taken hormones or had surgery or whatever else. They might not have done it yet or might not want to at all.

Same for any gender or lack thereof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Every day we don't make a mandatory Lefties League for professional baseball is a day sports are besmirched.