Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Why not have 2 categories for sport? "open" and "female"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Or just 1?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Yeah. If they're combined, why would title IX matter?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Regardless if someone is on on hormone therapy, the fact that they went through a male puberty makes a massive difference in their current physiology. It's why puberty blockers are more effective at repressing male secondary sexual characteristics than hormone therapy. Is there someone in this thread that actually know about this? I'm about 70%.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I'm having trouble parsing that.
I assume you don't mean that there is no evidence of individuals whom have undergone male puberty being able to jump higher and run faster?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Nah. Couldn't give a poo poo about sports.
I like science though.

How many trans women compete?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

You're going to need to provide some evidence because that's also as tough to believe as everything else you've said with what you've provided.

I guess I thought that was obvious. High school boys regularly beat the record for the woman's 100m sprint for example.

For individuals that had undergone HRT in the air force after a male puberty, there was a dogshit study with like N=60 earlier in the thread that I think is the best around for now. The authors were pretty up front with the serious limitations of the study, though. Is there anything better you can point me to?

e: for mod advice

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Harold Fjord posted:

Ok, so why aren't trans women dominating in sprint then?

Because there are far fewer trans women athletes than cis women athletes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Harold Fjord posted:

This doesn't follow at all.

Why doesn't one of those high school boys transition and come in first place in every every sprint competition if this all works the way you're claiming it does?

Massive social pressure, the relatively rarity of transgenderism and transphobia.