Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Internaut! posted:

Don't forget muscle mass to go along with that huge skeleton.

After all the only reason anyone's even talking about MTF trans women playing women's sports is that we're seeing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again how absolutely middling male athletes transition as fully grown adults, and then utterly dominate women's sport.

are we? my understanding is that there's maybe one case of that anyone can point to, and even in that case someone went from a top-ten finisher as a man pre-transition to a top-ten finisher as a woman post-transition. it's just that republicans seized on the fact that mid-transition her performance understandably declined to say "hey look at this awful men's swimmer suddenly becoming a great women's swimmer."

i wouldn't be shocked to hear one existed, you gotta imagine there's some athlete somewhere whose performance has been held back more by the lack of gender affirming care than by spending several years transitioning, but as yet nobody's been able to show me one that wasn't transparent horseshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

For some reason it's cracking me up that this person thinks gender reassignment is a viable strategy to get out of sexual assault charges by becoming a woman.

If there's one thing we all know about cops it's that they absolutely love queer people and don't think they are freaks at all and would never rough them up or charge them with anything

there is a phenomenon you see a lot in british terfs- if nothing else, thanks are due to our pal from earlier in the thread for demonstrating how flat out weird those people are- where their problems with trans people are inextricably tied to preexisting bizarre gender role hangups. somewhere in their heads, the thought 'the cops can't go after a gay woman for sexual assault' has been sitting as an assumed fundamental truth of the universe, and so when they start scrambling for a justification for their fears of trans people they push it out there, and react very badly to being told "no, that is not how this has ever worked."

you'd think, if that was a genuine concern, learning that it is not now and has never been a 'problem' would be reassuring. but no, it enrages them more. bizarre stuff.