Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
as you may be aware from my previous thread, "i bought an xbox", i recently purchased an Xbox Series S

now, i've always been a sony fanboy. i was once even probated for it. forever now, it's been true that "if you're gonna buy one, buy the sony one". even during the dark days of the PS3, real gamers knew that sony had all the good games, such as kings field, uncharted, and japanese bullshit and there just wasn't realy a compelling reason to own a xbox, even though it was the more popular choice

but like... man i dunno

i think if your only gonna buy one, buy a xbox. game pass is like, infinitely better than PS plus, for real

plus you can actually find xboxen in the wild, around here you still cant even get a ps4 lmao

forza horizon 5 finally finished downloading and, you know, i didn't used to be sold on the necessity of another console iteration, but i was grinning out loud like a moron at how good it looked and how smooth it runs at 200 mph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Does xbox have any games where you play a dimetrodon?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

super sweet best pal posted:

Does xbox have any games where you play a dimetrodon?

Search your heart.

You know that they don't.

Those cowards.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It's true I called the President of Console and told him to cut it out and end the war, so he did.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the xbox would be great if I didn't have a pc and i didn't like good game s

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Xbox is for sweaty humans who consume junk food and bottle their pee.

Playstation is for ricers, who mod their cars collect hats with the stickers on

Nintendo is for soyboys, men stuck in children bodies.

Just play Uno

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
What was the appeal of the original Xbox besides Halo? There were also like, a few Rare Games, that's all I can think of.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 6, 2022

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I felt that it got over shadowed by the upcoming generation of Wii/360/PS3. And the PS2 already had an amazing library of games.

Am I missing something?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

zaepg posted:

What was the appeal of the original Xbox besides Halo? The was also like, a few Rare Games, that's all I can think of.

The goodness was for developers to make software with Direct3D support out of the box instead of trying to learn Japans new favorite Unix ide or whatever tf you had to learn to program for psx.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

zaepg posted:

What was the appeal of the original Xbox besides Halo? There were also like, a few Rare Games, that's all I can think of.

Morrowind

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

with all consoles dead pc gaming reigns victorious once more allahu ackbar

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

pc gaming is a gaming of peace

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my father died in the console war, as his father died before him

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Bad Purchase posted:

zaepg fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 6, 2022

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

zaepg posted:

KOTOR and Mass Effect were both OG Xbox exclusives. They eventually got ported to PC, but it was at least a good year or two in both cases.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 6, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zaepg posted:

morrowind and knights of the old republic

my ex and i bought an OG xbox once. it broke after a week and we got a gamecube instead

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

i will get a ps5 when last of us 3 and/or ffvii remake 2 come out. apart from that everything is available on my laptop there is no reason to get a new console.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Console my balls OP

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I'm glad we settled those.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Imagine playing this game and not landing on the titty

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

Gunpei Yokoi?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

zaepg posted:

a cheaper gaming computer.
it ran plenty of the hot poo poo PC stuff but for cheaper and more accessibly for babies.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

zaepg posted:

i remember being hyped for Munch's Oddysee

then i never played it

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
while you're all on your halos and killzones i had her majesty's voice and the philadelphia philharmonic

the console wars ain't over yet!!! not for a woodgrain splintery second

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Maybe people should just play on what whatever they want, PS5, Xbox, they own dick, whatever makes em happy OP. Who gives a poo poo.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

speaking of console wars look at this lowpoly raytraced rat from Spiderman
https://i.imgur.com/QcVNhjr.mp4

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Meme Poker Party posted:

KOTOR and Mass Effect were both OG Xbox exclusives. They eventually got ported to PC, but it was at least a good year or two in both cases.

Mass Effect was Xbox 360, and KOTOR got its PC port after 6 months. OG Xbox was just for Halo.

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

case closed

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
PC (which is a Microsoft platform with Gamepass) + PS5 = Access to every game that exists

Owning an Xbox is for rubes.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

just buy everything who even cares

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Last night I used my Xbox to stream quake to my computer in another room and played quake online with other people via cloud gaming the future is now

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

zaepg posted:

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Theres no doubt about it. Xbox stays winning

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

zaepg posted:

Piracy, emulators and Xbox Media Centre
The OG Xbox was awesome value for money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Devils Affricate posted:

Mass Effect was Xbox 360

Dang you're right. I can't believe I false memoried this.