Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
“I grew up a book kid, Brendan. Do you have any idea what that’s like, Brendan? Everybody wanted to go over to the kid with Mario’s house, even the sonic kid was more popular than me… Jesus. Brendan do you have any idea what a sonic kid was like back then? Now they work at gas stations and wear tails on the weekends… which I guess sounds more interesting than what I do with my life. Brendan, life’s not about where you’ve been is what I’m saying, do you understand?”

“Coach I asked if you knew where Melissa is”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Are there no Bonk games?"
"Plenty of Bonk games," said the gentleman, laying down the pen again. "Almost a dozen."
"And Air Zonk? Do that respectable spin-off operate in emulation?"
"It does. Still," returned the gentleman, "I wish I could say that it do not."
"Oh! I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to prevent the Turbo Graphx-16 from the natural ROM dump processes," said Scrooge. "I am very glad to hear it."
"Under the impression that RetroArch scarcely furnishes cheer of mind or body to the multitude," returned the gentleman, "a few of us are endeavouring to raise a fund to buy the Poor some Mario and Sonic games, and means of control. What shall I put you down for?"
"Bonk!" Scrooge replied.
"You wish to use a pseudonym?"
"I wish to be left alone," said Scrooge. "Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer. I can't afford to make idle people learn the joys of well designed 2D platformers on stable and well-supported first-party console gaming. I help to support the consoles I have mentioned-- those who are badly off must play those."
"Many can't play them; and many would rather die."

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

then let them die, and forfeit their right to the first-party controller!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmfao jesus

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfaoooo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao jesus

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
sounds more like a british film than a soviet one

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

The Kins posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Kins posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Kins posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

"Bonk Kids"

SA Mods & Depraved Limeys:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
my humble suggestion for the new mod icon on SA

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol jesus

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

^ me cruising throuh this BULLSHIT thread

any actual civilized gamers who want to hear the REAL FACTS about what it was like growing up a Bonk/PC-Genjin kid (in a household with a TurboGraphx-16 AND a Sega AND a Nintendo, so there goes your little theory) feel free to PM me instead of engaging with this CLOWN CIRCUS

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Playin' Bonk, sippin RC cola, eatin Hardee's. Yea, life's good.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

lmao already too many to quote.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cubone posted:

any actual civilized gamers who want to hear the REAL FACTS about what it was like growing up a Bonk/PC-Genjin kid

it wasn't your faul-

quote:

in a household with a TurboGraphx-16 AND a Sega AND a Nintendo, so there goes your little theory

well, hmm

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Being a rich kid is like, imperceptibly higher than being an abused kid my dude, I wouldn't be going around bragging about that stuff.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Cubone posted:

any actual civilized gamers who want to hear the REAL FACTS about what it was like growing up a Bonk/PC-Genjin kid (in a household with a TurboGraphx-16 AND a Sega AND a Nintendo, so there goes your little theory) feel free to PM me instead of engaging with this CLOWN CIRCUS

!Egar Against the Machine

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Being a rich kid is like, imperceptibly higher than being an abused kid my dude, I wouldn't be going around bragging about that stuff.

In many ways it's worse

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I wasn't a rich kid, my family were also gamers

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

man, having a freakishly large head and always being the also ran to an also ran is rough but every time I start steppin' this upbeat tune starts playing and I know everything's gonna be alright.

*dun duluhn duhn duhn da da duhn *

but then I see the girl I like and I know she's just aghast at the one weird charlie brown hair atop my otherwise bald head and the anxiety starts to edge in oh god I'm such a freak but then the strings kick in.

*doo doo dooo doo doo

doo doo dooo doo doo*

and I know everything's gonna be alright. and I chomp down on a hunk of raw meat and smile at the girl and I know everything's gonna be alright

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

The Kins posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cubone posted:

I wasn't a rich kid, my family were also gamers

You wanna know how I got these scars? My father, was a gamer, and a fiend. And one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the controller to defend her high score. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the controller from her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and says, "Why so serious?" Comes at me with the controller. "WHY SO SERIOUS?" He sticks the controller in my hands... "Let's put a smile on Bonk's face."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

You wanna know how I got these scars? My father, was a gamer, and a fiend. And one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the controller to defend her high score. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the controller from her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and says, "Why so serious?" Comes at me with the controller. "WHY SO SERIOUS?" He sticks the controller in my hands... "Let's put a smile on Bonk's face."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You’re laughing. Hudson wants to expand the Bonk universe and you’re laughing.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol dude

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a goomba will get stomped, or a hundred players drop onto an island, nobody panics, because it's all 'part of the plan'. But when I say that one little caveman will bash enemies with his giant bald head, well then everyone loses their minds!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmfao