Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

After watching the first five episodes, if I were Jerry West or the family of Chick Hearn I would be pissed because they come off bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I haven't watched the episode yet, but there is a bit more to the narrative about Bird's win. The Celtics went from a really bad team to a really good team (lottery team to the best W-L in the league), where the main difference between last year's bad team and this good team was Bird, who was undoubtedly the #1 guy. Magic came to a team that was already good and made them better, but he was still #2 behind Kareem, maybe even #3 behind Nixon.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

bawfuls posted:

cast Shaq as himself

It probably was very difficult to find someone to play Kareem with his size, I can't imagine how to cast a Shaq because there is literally only him.

I finally watched the finale, and I do think the entire season has the issue of painting people who will be more important later on as important now (Jeanie Buss, Riley, Michael Cooper) to set up later seasons. Jamaal Wilkes feels like he was an afterthought to the whole season and he's a hall of famer. Julius Erving is played like a legend when he had never won a NBA title before (just two ABA titles, in a league considered a step below the NBA in talent, especially near the end) and I don't think they mention Bill Sharman had won half a dozen titles with the Celtics.

The next season should probably get them to the 1984 finals to get them to Tragic Johnson, because otherwise it's gonna take a long time to get to the real Lakers/Celtics finals.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

He definitely was a star, just that he never could get over the hump to win the big one until Moses Malone came in, someone who also I don't think was brought up alot this season. They better find someone for him because he beats the Lakers in 81 and 83.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Doronin posted:

I'm also very ready for Magic vs. Bird to get ramped up now. That was the best sports rivalry of the 80s, by far, and I'm just ready to see this version of it.

Unless the next episode is like 1 1/2 seasons they are running out of time, I know this season began with a flash forward to 84 but they haven't even given whoever plays Moses Malone a line yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Smeef posted:

That was some Rome season 2 poo poo, complete with Adrien Brody going on an absolute heater a la James Purefoy.

Goddamn how good would it have been to have a season of the Bad Boys.

I don't think the Bad Boys were going to be there in season 3. If you ended in 84, you then have 85-86-87 which has 2 of 3 LAK/BOS finals.