Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I honestly have no idea if this show is actually good but it’s charismatic as hell and a very enjoyable watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That scene between Kareem and Magic’s dad was excellent yeah

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel a certain way about this show. I really don’t know if it’s quote-unquote “good” - it’s so loving messy - but it is wildly entertaining. I really can’t wait to get to Pat becoming head coach.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This role is maybe the best Segel has ever been tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s not been awful but the story of these four episodes so far should have been over in two at most

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Buss’ arc this season is pretty lame. One of my major issues this season is feeling like it needs to give just about every lead from s1 an arc, even when they weren’t really doing anything major irl, rather than focus on the important stuff and let some characters be supporting for a while.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly spending so long on Westhead and then skipping over almost the entirety of the rest of the season was loving hilarious. But not, imo, in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God, I’m gonna miss this show. The cancellation makes a lot of sense - show’s gotta be expensive and I imagine they were expecting it to be an awards behemoth and then it got literally one Emmy nom, hugely flawed with massive pacing issues (I wonder if they got the episode order cut after they wrote the scripts spending so long on Westhead?) - but when it was on it was just so loving FUN and wildly entertaining, with many of the cast giving their best performances ever or close to it. I really wish more was coming.