Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Thank goodness, I didn't know this thread existed.

My dad is really sick with cancer, and he's probably only got a few more months. So we bond a lot over TV shows, since he can't do much else. We both loving loved this and binged the poo poo out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

escape artist posted:

Thank goodness, I didn't know this thread existed.

My dad is really sick with cancer, and he's probably only got a few more months. So we bond a lot over TV shows, since he can't do much else. We both loving loved this and binged the poo poo out of it.
Ugh. Just came to check out people's opinions on season 2...

What have people thought of it? I remember being disappointed to find out they were going to make it, because it didn't seem necessary at all.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Henchman of Santa posted:

It hasn't been great but that's a really weird take. It's a show about the 1980s Lakers glory days that opens with Magic announcing his HIV diagnosis in the early 90s. Why would they only make it about the 1980 season?

Well to me, it was an excuse for John C. Reilly to ham it up and it had a very "one season miniseries" feel to me. I liked the first season, it was pretty solid, but it just didn't feel like the premise was enough to sustain a full series