Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ah I just found this thread. I've been watching this pretty much from the start and I love the acting. I'm glad they really toned down a lot of the 4th wall breaking poo poo after the first few episodes. That part nearly made me stop watching, but it's been a lot better recently. I could probably do without the "vintage filters" too, but it's not that obtrusive. I'm willing to forgive the creative writing for a better story, but I'd probably be pissed off if I was Jerry West too. He comes off as a little psycho in the beginning.

Can't believe this show has me rooting for the Lakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

bawfuls posted:

I could have done with out the latest installment of Jerry Buss needing to gently caress everything that moves

Yea that was a very low point for a guy pretty low to begin with. Only problem with this show taking so many liberties is that you don't know if that's something that really happened, or something they did just to add drama. I hope that didn't actually happen, but I can believe it did.

Must be some sort of mental thing for a guy who reveres his mother so much, but then objectifies pretty much every other woman he runs in to.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I still get bothered by the filters they throw on occasionally to make it look “70s”. Many seem to be slapped on for no reason. It’s pretty distracting and I don’t know what it’s adding aside from reminding you that this happened 40 years ago.

Acting is good though, and that will keep me coming back.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

CubanMissile posted:

Goddamn Siegel does a good job of making Westhead unlikable though.

Yea he seems perfectly cast for a guy who is permanently insecure, and this grasping for power at every corner because he’s constantly afraid of being undermined, or worse exposed as a fraud. Kind of looking forward to Riley taking over though.

Jack nicholson showing up court side was hilarious. Looking forward to some more actors playing other actors cameos.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

The guy who wrote the book has been posting like this every week, which is...concerning
https://twitter.com/jeffpearlman/status/1699615214361342052?t=Q78Oo5_iiOLeRriy54-B8w&s=19

I’m on the verge of cancelling max and if they cancel this show I’ll pull the plug. The content on max is just jam packed with garbage now that they’ve added all the discovery poo poo. I can already tell they’re trying to push the prestige stuff to the side.

I’ve been a non-stop subscriber for years now, but max is about to go into the rotation of apps like the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

WTF they cancelled it? Just watched the finale and the tacked on montage threw me for a loop. I stupidly let me subscription renew for a year recently, but I’m cancelling my Max subscription. Things are just going down the shitter and with the strike even the one or two good shows are getting delayed until like 2025.

They still have a good movie catalog, but it’s just not worth it. Plus I hate having all these awful discovery shows pushed on me all the time.