Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
last week i was on vacation from job number 1. i used that time to start working at job number 2. this monday i will officially be ~*overemployed*~.

any other overemployed yosposters out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

psiox posted:

that's awesome, good job and good luck

thanks

quote:

i hope this sort of thing becomes way more normalized. i'm expected to be on-call and available (and am otherwise 'exempt') so... i fail to see why i shouldn't just have as many jobs as i can reasonably perform while meeting minimum expectations

that's basically how i feel about it. if i can meet the requirements of both jobs, why the hell not? best case, i make two bags at once. worst case, i resign from the job i like less

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

fart simpson posted:

i took a day off work in december so i could make $75 doing voice acting for a video game. does that count, op?

can't knock the hustle

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

The Management posted:

I have one job but only do like 30% of a job

so you could have 3 jobs and still be a slacker. reach for them stars, bro

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

psiox posted:

i mean it sounds like a decent way to be actually challenged/engaged

is there any legal reason for thinking that being overemployed could be risky? could it make taxes weird?

if you hate doing your taxes, having to file two w-2s will make you hate it twice as much. the taxes you wind up owing might be higher than you expect, depending on your withholdings

from a legal standpoint, there's nothing criminal about being overemployed, but civil liabilities are a vague possibility. one major concern is having a conflict of interest, ie, working for two companies that directly compete with each other. in my case, the companies are in distinctly different industries. even if one of them found out what i'm doing and got pissy, they couldn't do much about it beyond firing me