Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have a job.

I also have about 400 acres of useless land to maintain.

although, 300 of the productive land is leased so it’s money for jam, baby.

so I guess that maintenance work could be construed as additional employment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I can’t believe how employed I am

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

a bunch of my fellow workers have gone on stress/medical leave since covid and so happy me gets to pick up their portfolios and I am busier than ever.

but hey at least I’m allowed to work from home because of it.

for now.

I’m still with the same company after many years. even though I could get paid a lot more and produce a lot less doing the same job elsewhere.

why do I stay? I don’t want to work in a city, and my current employer is the only game in town right now. pure and simple. I’m a country lad. I think doing my job on top of the stress of city life might actually kill me.

so I will gladly take the work of three people rather than life in the big ol’ city :redneck:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

mediaphage posted:

i feel you hard but have you looked at what’s out there in terms of remote work?

I did. and got some attractive offers too. but all wanted me in Wellington/auckland for at least the first six months to “bed in”. can’t really do that yet. looking at the price of long term single studio appartments/rooms in those cities is very depressing. especially when I think I have to live in that away from my family for x number of months.

wife and I have sort of decided that we will look at it all again once the kids have left home. wife is a teacher so also have that to consider. so for now I be over employed in the same job.

and also tend to the farm.

my chainsaw broke on the weekend :mad:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Gentle Autist posted:

moo man if you want to work remotely with occasional travel into The City then theres lots of places in NZ that can hook that up. slide into my DMs if you think AWS would be an ok place to work. theres no requirement to be in an office for onboarding at all

:kiddo: thanks man