Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Color?
Yellow
Red
Green
Blue
Black
White
View Results

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Have you seen how big the swordfish is in Arni? Dudes get ripped reeling those things in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://www.deviantart.com/vgcartography/art/Chrono-Cross-Character-Recruitment-Reference-912100838

I made a chart recently about who can be recruited when.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I've only made a few Chrono things: https://www.deviantart.com/vgcartography/gallery/82496614/chrono-cross
(the elements, the recruitment, a poster of characters, a poster of bestiary, the latter 2 are very spoilery) There's also an Arni village map in there for fun but not planning to make a lot.

I haven't actually picked up the remaster yet... maybe a de-spoilered version of the character chart refigured into a little recruitment tree would be good OP sauce.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Here is an attempt at a mostly non-spoiler summary of who is first recruitable in each section:

so basically aside from orange comments that exclude some characters, you SHOULD be able to get everyone under a header before moving onto next header if you are thorough.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
That's pretty funny. Interesting that no other battle had a mechanic involving a specific order of elements iirc. Idk, maybe fire then wind on a wooden boss to fan the flames or whatever.