Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
Menou
Akari
Momo
Ashuna
View Results

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Motto posted:

it's a chuuni furigana thing where the title is written "way of life" but read "virgin road" (which is itself a loanword for a wedding aisle). so yes

It's also a very silly Japanese pun where 処刑少女 (executioner girl) gets abbreviated to 処女 (virgin)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

they contracted mili for it, a japanese indie music group who like doing songs with really weird progression and thematically heavy lyrics. they did some major songs for library of ruina for anyone who's played that

also note that as loving weird and abstract as this song's lyrics look, nearly every single line is directly related to the plot in some way

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Ashuna is a side character who's absolutely convinced that she's the protagonist of the most important story in the world. She's great.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Kung Food posted:

I have to wonder why Akari mind blanks herself each loop. How will she alter the timeline if she just makes the same choices each time?

The novels explain it a little bit more clearly.

She erases her memories to help her keep up the facade of a clueless new arrival, so that the entire church doesn't realize how much of a threat she really is and immediately come down on her head. If she's in immediate danger or separated from Menou, she can get her memories back.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

If I had one criticism with the shows otherwise pretty good world building so far:

I did sort of get the impression that the church was meant to be written as "ruthless but logical and efficient" but comes off more as the kind of organization that likes to think of itself as ruthless but logical and efficient but actually does a lot of dumb counterproductive poo poo. The idea of the church running a bunch of Potemkin villages full of executioner school dropouts pretending to be happy Otherworlders is pretty funny, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Pandaemonium's appearance is the one that's kept closest to the original LN character artist's design, I think. The way nilitsu draws eyes is slightly off in a way that's rather fitting for a few of the characters, but her in particular.

I'm following the thread but keeping my idiot mouth shut because I've read the novels and don't want to accidentally spoil anything that hasn't come up in the anime yet. Love to see other people's speculation, though.