Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
Menou
Akari
Momo
Ashuna
View Results

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This adaptation has exceeded my expectations and I'm hoping it does well so we can get all of it animated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the pacing I expect we're only going to get 2 volumes animated which is for the best as Vol 2 has a decent enough stopping point while having future plot hooks compared to Volume 3's very mean cliffhanger

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Talorat posted:

I'm digging this a lot so far. Animation is great, the magic system is fun and the world is deep and interesting so far. I really like this as a take on the whole Isekai genre that actually reflects what it would be like to be someone who has to live in the world where super powered outsiders keep getting summoned to.

Also I'm assuming this gets super gay eventually, it's based off a Yuri Light Novel series right?

Yes, it's based of a Yuri Light Novel series but the shows is very much on that path see Akari/Menou sharing ether this very episode!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think the anime is actually doing the flashback scenes better than the light novel. Just some great visuals and direction during those scenes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i think if they ever made a jrpg out of this the ashuna and momo dungeon would have a series of tales skits of ashuna teasing momo over the little princess comment

Forget the cut scenes I'd imagine it'd be pretty much smack talk all the time they would be in the party, on the field, in bed together

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Show really does like to hammer home how corrupt nobility and the church can get and I'm here for it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Heck the show looks better and is better directed than a lot of other isekai adaptations. I've been super pleased with the adaptation and it's done a good job of taking the light novel and polishing up some of the weaknesses Volume 1 had. I was worried we'd get something like Otherside Picnic's anime but this has been a great adaptation so far

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ashuna doesn't fit but she has so much energy that she 100% belongs

Well...I imagine at some point the Nobel faction will be involved in the main story

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think the church and nobles are written the way the story wants them to be - seemingly powerful but also incompetent in many ways...just like they are in the real world

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd rather clever usage of existing footage than the production melting. Show seems pretty clever in how it's using its resources and reusing the footage and making it part of a punchline for a visual gag is a pretty good one

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Good episode with some nice action and just a friendly little girl that's one of the big human errors using B films to terrorize the world

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

Interesting to see how the anime will wrap up. While I can certainly imagine finishing this arc in a couple episodes, I'm not sure what kind of ending for the characters and overall story we might get. Hoping for a second season but I guess that's probably somewhat unlikely.

The anime is doing the first 2 Light Novels and we're up to 7 in Japan. I think it's doing okay so hopefully it can escape the 1 cour yuri curse especially since Volume 3 and 4 are even wilder

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pandemonium is great and also show sure did drop some big lore stuff with Menou having a hint of Ivory being a pretty big hint

Want a season 2 please and thanks

Edit: also Pandemonium feels like it should be a break out role for Anzu Haruno. She's just nailed the part and made it her.own and should get a major part cause of its

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 11, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Good ending I eagerly await the adventures of Murder Movie kid and her zombie sister

Read the light novels as vol 3 and 4 are wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Volume 5 of the light novel is out and it's a wild ride and it confirms a lot of what I suspected but in completely different ways