Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
Menou
Akari
Momo
Ashuna
View Results

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
A solid ending to the arc. It was definitely nice to get more context on Akari's situation. Momo is still the best though. Also continue to be mildly baffled at the princess inclusion in the story, she sure doesn't DO anything plot-related huh...I mean I guess she will later but she has a lot of presence in this arc already so I'm gonna judge it in isolation :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

She's there to have muscles and slice poo poo in half

The only girl she meets doesn't even appreciate either of those features, really takes me out of the story due to its lacking realism

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
EP7 is out I know I ragged on the princess plot for the first part but it still seems a little mean to drop her in a hole

Hope we see more of the pandemonium stuff

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Pure speculation but between the scenes from last week's episode and the not so subtle Momo infodump in this one, I would bet on some kind of connection between the weirdo girl Manon threw in the iron maiden and Pandemonium. The fact that Pandemonium was a young girl that brought monsters into the world and this strange girl is literally being drained for material that turns people into monsters is too obvious a link not to be a coincidence. I know it was also mentioned that sin magecraft could just generally be made with soul/spirit/body as well so it's not a requirement but come on. If she hadn't acted so strange last episode before getting spiked, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it though.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Interesting to see how the anime will wrap up. While I can certainly imagine finishing this arc in a couple episodes, I'm not sure what kind of ending for the characters and overall story we might get. Hoping for a second season but I guess that's probably somewhat unlikely.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Menou also welcomed to the gun show

With all the new info from this episode, it's gonna be annoying when the show ends barely answering anything (I assume) but hopefully the finale is good and then second season arrives and also seasons 3 - 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Pretty good final episode, although it's interesting they leave with 'Chaos has returned, again!' before we even get introduced to our next villain. Obviously I assume it will be a background thing for a while but Pandemonium doesn't strike me as especially subtle long-term.

Would be cool if it got another season as it wasn't much of an ending really.