Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
Menou
Akari
Momo
Ashuna
View Results

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm digging this a lot so far. Animation is great, the magic system is fun and the world is deep and interesting so far. I really like this as a take on the whole Isekai genre that actually reflects what it would be like to be someone who has to live in the world where super powered outsiders keep getting summoned to.

Also I'm assuming this gets super gay eventually, it's based off a Yuri Light Novel series right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I like that Menou has a personal stake in it too, not only because her entire village was annihilated, but because she herself was also “blanched” and had her personality erased. It’s a creepy power, I love it. It also really gives you an idea of the stakes for if Akari loses control of her powers, time powers are obviously insanely dangerous in this context.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

There's definitely something weirdly sinister about the pure concepts, they talk a lot as if the pure concepts have sentience and motivations of their own, apart from their owners. I'm getting the vibe that they are sort of like parasites that attach themselves to the other worlders when they are brought over. It's creepy, I love it.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Well that certainly moved fast, excited for next weeks episode and the resolution of the cliffhanger.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Kung Food posted:

I have to wonder why Akari mind blanks herself each loop. How will she alter the timeline if she just makes the same choices each time?

I think she's intentionally trying to NOT alter the timeline, because she doesn't want to gently caress things up so that future Menou doesn't fall for her. She wants this to go roughly as planned except presumably with a different outcome in the final showdown with Flare.

Alternately she values her time with Menou so much she's effectively infinitely looping their time together even though she knows it is doomed

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I was a little iffy on the episode before this but I'm back on board with this show, things are definitely getting interesting and I like that we're getting to see competent future version Akari .

I wonder if there's any explanation for why the little girl wasn't killed by the iron maiden? They were making a point of how normally with Sin Magecraft there would be a pile of bodies and missing person reports, maybe the little girl regenerates or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I feel like that’s every light novel, authors seem to be allergic to having endings.