Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
Menou
Akari
Momo
Ashuna
View Results

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The show was good but I'm sad it didn't wrap everything up. Everything about the show makes me uneasy and gives me a pit in my stomach so I kind of just wanted it all to resolve and have a real end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

drat I sure wish At the Mountains of Madness would have a happy ending! :v:

Stories like this always have a cathartic ending. Closest examples off the top of my head are House of Cards and Shawshank Redemption. Different people just have different tolerances for how much emotional damage they can take before they get thrown a bone. That's why the season ended with the whole "I wish I didn't have to kill her. Maybe... No I definitely have to kill her" thing. I guess in theory they could go full Romeo and Juliette with a gut punch ending, but I don't think so.

I did not make it through either House of Cards or Shawshank Redemption before rage quitting

KillHour fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 12, 2022

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

studio mujahideen posted:

its an ongoing light novel series so there was no ending to adapt

Yeah, I know. Like I said, I just don't have the patience for something that strings the audience along that much. It's not a fault of the show, just my own preferences.

They could also just make up an ending if they know they aren't getting another season. Has any anime ever done that? I know it's "not what is done" or whatever, but with seemingly every show having a perpetual cliffhanger that never gets resolved, it would be a nice change of pace.

Also I looked up the light novel spoilers and good lord do they drag this whole thing out

KillHour fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 12, 2022

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Talorat posted:

I feel like that’s every light novel, authors seem to be allergic to having endings.

The stories having an ending means the royalty checks do too :shepicide:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

We're the anime thread I know you tagged the spoilers but any chance can you not have something someone could accidentally click on?

I specifically said it is for the LN and it's not even a real spoiler.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think considering the large number of innocent people who have already been murdered the series isn't going to end that happily, those deaths probably aren't going to be reversed, the dead to quote Deep Space 9, will still be dead.

I don't think anybody is expecting that to happen. It would be a hell of an rear end pull.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 12, 2022