Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

We get to watch this fine lady from time to time when the guy she lives with is abroad.
She's an absolute dream and might cause an accident one of these days because everybody that sees her on the street has to stop and say hi.
She normally lives in an apartment and the guy doesn't walk her enough, and never properly thought her.
That's maybe where her problem originated.
Sometimes during a walk she just stops, usually when you're going a direction that she didn't expected you to go.
Nothing you do can convince her to move, and the only option is to pick her up. If I put her down after a minute or so, she'll just continue walking like nothing happened.
It's not physical, she's not tired or hurt.
We tried basic stuff, like encouraging to even take a couple of steps in the right direction, for a treat (didn't work, and might also be a slippery slope)
or pretending to walk away without her for a bit.
i don't know if this is a problem you can teckel (hahaha, get it (please don't ban me)) in a couple of days.

Hope this isn't vet talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Yup. Thats a good dog.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

She's just stubborn OP

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

She's just stubborn OP

I don’t know, she really blocks and even gets scared. But like I said, after picking her up for a bit, her OS seems to reboot , and she’s good for a street or 2 again. But it’s not safe walking like this in the city.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

queen

quote:

Sometimes during a walk she just stops, usually when you're going a direction that she didn't expected you to go.
Nothing you do can convince her to move, and the only option is to pick her up. If I put her down after a minute or so, she'll just continue walking like nothing happened.
:kimchi: this is totally normal dog behaviour. picking her up and carrying her is what she wants! (when she acts scared, that's probably just "you know what i want you to do? why aren't you doing it???") at this point she's been doing it for years, the behaviour is engrained and nothing you do will make any difference, so you might as well just do what she is asking you to do: bear her aloft