Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haar_Dragon
Aug 21, 2015

mandatory lesbian posted:

Iirc, which tbf i might not be its been a while, knoll has the best summon units so while he himself might be blah his utility is much higher then ewans

Alright i gotta confess, i got bored of 6 like...7 maps in and never finished past that, so i dont really know much about any of the units lol. I was mostly just repeating the wisdom of ff8, where the undeniably best unit is a prepromote

True enough...but summons don't get xp, and when your best utility is summoning generics, that says some bad things. Although in Sacred Stones of all games it's not as if you'll really miss the xp.

A lot of prepromotes are just basically "what you see is what you get." Even Pent in FE7 doesn't have particularly good growths, but his bases are good enough to carry him to endgame, anything beyond that is just bonus points. But in FE6, most of the prepromotes don't have any growths over 20%. Including the ones you get like, four chapters from the end of the game when you could well have units with twice their base stats across the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

mandatory lesbian posted:

Never use prepromotes is a very outdated way of playing the game

I misremembered details. I went to go back and check. Niime is one of the starting units in the hack, as a level 1 Shaman with C rank in Dark magic. Sophia joins in the second chapter with what is normally Dieck's crew. To their credit, Niime's starting stats are way better than Sophia's... but we're still talking about them both starting at level 1, in the first two chapters of the game, with their growth rates unchanged.

I'll note that Sophia's growth rate total is, barring Karel, the highest growth rate total of any character you have at that point in Reverse Recruitment, including Hugh and even Zeiss. Whereas Niime has the lowest growth rates in the entire game.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 22, 2022

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Haar_Dragon posted:

But in FE6, most of the prepromotes don't have any growths over 20%. Including the ones you get like, four chapters from the end of the game when you could well have units with twice their base stats across the board.

TBH it's mostly just Juno that's a real headscratcher. The rest have "good enough" bases and/or a combination of weapon ranks that at least gives them a theoretical niche.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dayan and Garret(?I think that's the terrible pre promote berserker's name) are both pretty undeniably bad. Douglas is terrible like the other knights. Yuno definitely isn't alone

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'll say that Douglas is basically to be expected, given how there literally isn't a single good knight. You'd think that being stuck at 4 movement would motivate the designers to give them, y'know, good stats, but that apparently is expecting a bit much. The knights are even worse off than the archers, and the archers aren't in a GOOD position. It's just that the promoted ones are at least usable for chip and wyvern hunting.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Dayan is alright. 14 strength isn't turning heads, but 20 speed is, and it's enough to snipe dragons with Murgleis.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters
Wow that's a lot of replies. Thank you everyone :3:

vilkacis posted:

A specter is haunting Elibe...

it's wade ward

'cause he's dead

that's the joke

are you sure about that

did you check

Anyway nice to see someone tackle the only good Fire Emblem game, make sure not to get our boy killed.
Oh my god I love all of these, especially the Gnun. Am I going to be haunted by the ghosts of everyone I killed like in that one Metal Gear boss?

FoolyCharged posted:

Hey, I used Sophia on my last hard run*

*oh god, please don't attempt this. Even with an unarmed, human wall letting her hit people in perfect safety she nearly ran out of a full set of Flux tomes because she missed so often
I have only ever tried to use Sophia in Reverse Recruitment, where she joins 12 chapters earlier at exactly the same level as vanilla. ...she was still bad. I think it' was the accuracy more than anything else, if she had been able to hit anything then she would have dealt a lot of damage...

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

What were we late for, the good growths giveaway? I don't even know if my levels have been bad enough as a whole to justify making that joke, I think I'm just in a constant state of indignation when it comes to the RNG.

Time to make our final stand against Bern! Or maybe not, it's only Chapter 3. Any elite wyvern general we fought here would be a level 5 unpromoted Wyvern Rider.

Either that or he's a guy with the same name as the king. Hector's anger here comes from how many times he had to restart Battle Before Dawn in FE7 in order to rescue this guy, only for him to grow up and become evil...

Hector might be bleeding to death, but he sure didn't go down without a fight. I've always had a high opinion of Hector, although then again I think every Hector I've had has gained speed as if his growth was twice as high. I don't know if Hector still has the reputation he has as being one of the best lords, especially since the recent games have given him a lot of competition, but he'll always be one of my favourites.

Zephiel reveals that he's playing Civilisation and is going for the domination victory... or at least he's going to conquer the continent. Naval combat sucks so when my conquest reaches the sea I usually give up.

Chapter 3 is our first (partially) indoor map, and the first map to feature treasure. For the first time ever there's hardly an axe user in sight... The enemies are all pretty slow too, so this is a great chance for Bors to earn his keep. It wouldn't be a bad place to deploy Ward either, but oops!

From my perspective however I cannot actually see inside the throne room, so from here this chapter does indeed appear to be axe free. If you could see inside then what you would see is this game's (fake) final boss. He'll get his stats spoiled by an early appearence in 10 chapters time, but we've got to earn that peaking priviledge first by playing a bit further.

Who is this pointy and angry child? That's Chad, and he's here to open up all these chests so we can claim the goodies inside. He also has some stats but you don't need them to steal stuff.

HP: 85%
STR: 50%
SKL: 50%
SPD: 80%
LCK: 60%
DEF: 25%
RES: 15%

Affinity: Lightning (Defense, Avoid, Critical, Critical Evade)
Support Partners: Lugh, Raigh, Cath, Elen, Hugh

50% strength? 80% speed??? What's the catch? Well besides his 3 base strength, Chad unfortunately cannot promote and cannot grow past level 20. Future GBA titles would let Thieves promote into Assassins or later Rogues, but Chad is stuck like this. It's nice to imagine that 20 extra levels and some cool promotion gains would make him an amazing solider, but in all honestly with his bases being so bad it's hard to justify feeding him kills. Statwise he'll also be outclassed by the two thieves who join after him, at least on Hard. Stats don't actually matter when stealing in this game - all you need is space in your inventory to rob any opponent - but when you've got a choice between multiple thieves and only need 1 or 2 you won't pick the one with the lowest stats.

My Rating: 9/10. Thievs are always useful and he's your first. He doesn't need to fight to be useful!

These Soldiers don't kill him in one hit so in theory I could train him... but I won't. I don't want him anywhere near the front lines just in case I get him killed doing something stupid.

Unlike later chapters those chests aren't going anywhere, so I'm quite content to sit tight and form a defensive wall to hold out against the approaching enemies for a little while. As Cavaliers start pouring in it'll be better to push forward a little to create better chokepoints, but as of right now that would require fighting through a few enemies.

Javelins are very annoying, they barely have any chance of hitting but you still have to be wary of them. Lance has a Javelin of his own but he's so inaccurate with it that I don't bother using it.

Meanwhile there's some plot going on in the orphanage to the north. No enemies are going after it or the other village so I'm in no hurry to rush there either. I'll pick Lugh up when I'm done with these approaching enemies...

These Soldiers are approaching though so I'll have to send someone to deal with them. The number of enemies is starting to get a little overwhelming!

Bors however is doing his job as a wall perfectly well. The enemies cannot double him and he can hit them hard in return... If this were his introductory chapter I'd probably have a higher opinion of him.

Now that's a good level to start the chapter off with. Obviously strength speed and defense are all amazing, but mostly I'm just happy to see him get out of 1% crit chance thresholds. A point or so more in speed and bulk and he'll be a frontliner on par with Marcus.

I don't think I have enough units to make a big enough wall and keep everyone topped up on health at the same time. I wish I had Ward here! None of these Soldiers would double him, even if he had his Hammer equipped. The enemies are annoyingly spaced out so rushing forward to deal with one puts me in range of the next...

Lot meanwhile is up top dealing the the enemies coming from the north, but he's not doing an amazing job of it. Even with WTA and against enemies as slow as these Soldiers, the Hand Axe still has terrible accuracy.

Okay. This is the Roy I'm dealing with now. I guess I just have to accept that. Do I stop feeding him EXP now or do I keep trying to salvage him? He's not useless in combat and he's gotten more levels than he normally would have by this point, so it's not as if he can't still redeem himself, but I don't think he's ever going to be good.

Alen definitely is not pulling his weight either. Unless some wild curveball happens I think my mind is made up about which of these two is getting promoted first, or even at all.

Putting Lot and Shanna together like this has made me wonder if I should start thinking about supports. You build support points by leaving two units together in adjacent squares. Unlike later GBA games FE6 limits the number of these you can earn per chapter, but they also build much faster, so there's a lot less characters like Renault in FE7 who requires you to hit end turn over 200 times in a row to reach an A support with anyone.

I think I've finally weathered this storm of oncoming soldiers. This map would be so much easier if they let you choose your starting positions... If I had been more aggressive with Marcus I'd be halfway down the hallway now.

Oh no, it's Zephiel! Wouldn't it be funny if he just showed up here as an actual boss and the only way to have the stats to beat him and progress the game was to grind your units up 1 EXP at a time by letting the previous boss chuck Javelins at you? I think the answer would probably be "no".

Nevermind, Narcian's the real boss of this chapter. He's merely a level 10 promoted unit with a sword that steals HP as it attacks...

Double nevermind, it's this random Knight instead. He's lucky, he gets to sit on a throne that's been warmed up by two butts already. Three if Narcian and his wyvern were both sat there at the same time.

I never took a screenshot of Slater's stats, but he's basically the same as Ruud from last chapter. Boss stats are slightly random on Hard but Serenes Forest lists him as having 1 less strength and 1 more speed than the previous guy. He's also got a Steel Lance to stab you with up close, but really all it does is let you trick him into swapping away his 1-2 range weapon so you can attack him safely from a distance.

Ooops, did I heal Alen back to full health when I put him on the front lines? I don't think I did. His positioning also means he's getting targetted by two Soldiers at once...

Well I was hoping one of them would roll down on their strength... Could I have avoided this if he were using a lance? I think he ended his turn with 21 HP remaining so the answer would have been no unless he dodged.

Well it's a good thing I'm only killing the characters I have spares of. If this were the previous translation patch then Alen's death quote would have been something along the lines of "poo poo... Lord Roy...", but I think that was a result of translating very literally rather than fansubbing edge. Although it would be very funny for an otherwise kid friendly game to have characters scream "gently caress" when they're killed.

And to rub salt in the wound here are some Cavalier ambush spawns. Ambush spawns (or same turn reinforcements, or rear end in a top hat reinforcements) are reinforcements that get to move the same turn they appear, and can often lead to some very annoying deaths if you're not careful. These ones are so far away in the back that they're unlikely to ever ambush you unless you're playing very fast, so you could consider them a gentle introduction to the concept of ambush spawns. Or alternatively they might be so far away that you don't even realise they're moving on the turn they appear in the first place.

Go Lance, avenge your... brother? I don't think they're related actually. Are any of the christmas cav pairs related? Maybe they are blood brothers.

This wall here on the left is thin enough that enemies can attack through it, which is something you might have to watch out for. Presumably there's little slits in the walls for chucking weapons through.

Luck and nothing else? Such cruel and bitter irony... It's okay, I don't actually care, Elen's stats don't matter. Some magic would be nice though.

Time to move this chokepoint up to the gates. Most of the Soldiers are gone, but now there's a steady trickle of cavs I'll have to deal with. Their stats aren't very high so they're not as scary as they could be, but there will be a lot of them and they won't let up for a while.

Lot has been stuck trying to fight this Archer for a while. A single crit could kill him from this much health so I think he might have to run away. Maybe I should have sent more people up to recruit Lugh?

At least this village is unguarded. Obviously Elen wants this Mend staff. With her magic being as low as it is she really needs the extra healing power.

These Cavaliers are actually slow enough for Marcus to double... and whoops they they go. I'm more annoyed about accidentally wasting Silver Lance uses than I am about the EXP, I really need Marcus to keep it intact so he can take out as many enemies as possible next chapter.

Is that... Could it be? The perfect level... I was honestly expecting to see an entirely blank level before I ever saw one of these. I don't care if almost every flier who joins after her is better, Shanna is now in my mind a Good Unit.

She's a lot stronger than Roy is anyway, but he does at least have his Rapier. I've been trying to keep this intact for the next chapter too, there's a lot of Cavaliers I'll have to fight. Being able to stick them accurately for a lot of damage will be a great help, even if Roy will be doing so off of his base strength and speed...

...yeah this Archer is never dying is he. Do I have to pin him to a wall???

Well it wasn't quite a wall but it was close.

I think that's all the stats he didn't gain last time? Very nice to see him escape from 1% crit threshold, now I don't have to worry so much...

Now this chokepoint has turned into a feeding ground. I should really be investing in Roy and Lance, but I want to see how good Shanna can get so I'm going to raise her up as much as possible.

Even Marcus is reaping the EXP windfall. Honestly by his standards this is pretty great, it's a tiny bit of extra survivability and some more accuracy for when something really needs to die.

I might have to take back a little of what I said about Bors, he's doing genuinely great work here! A shame all the Cavaliers in the next map are stronger than these ones.

Look who's here just in time to have missed out on all the action! It's Lugh, our first mage. He would be really good against all these physically defensive enemies he is now too far away to reach...

Lugh (not to be confused with Hugh) is your first mage and one of Nino's two twin sons. Thankfully unlike his mother he joins your army a lot earlier in the campaign.

HP: 50%
MAG: 40%
SKL: 50%
SPD: 50%
LCK: 35%
DEF: 15%
RES: 30%

Affinity: Fire (Attack, Accuracy, Avoid, Critical)
Support Partners: Raigh, Chad, Elen, Hugh, Milady

Lugh is your first magical attacker for a while, and he's pretty okay. His magic sucks but anima is an incredibly useful weapon type and he'll be targetting the low resistance stats of all the enemies he'll be facing for a while. Once his growths kick in he'll be pretty fast too, but a base 6 speed won't let him double anything besides Soldiers and Knights for a while. For the most part he'll serve the same purpose as Wolt but with better and more powerful attacks, he can hurt enemies from a distance but he doesn't want them to get close to him. I don't have enough experience using him to say much more. I feel like he'd be a good boss killer if you gave him an Angelic Robe to boost his HP a bit? All this aside though, he's weak and underleveled and he can't take a hit and that's a big knock against him.

My Rating: 6.5/10. His colour palette in battle makes him look like a banana.

One thing is for certain: Lugh is going to do Wolt's job a lot better than he does. This is the exact same crappy level he got last time!

If Elen gets magic then it's a good level, magic is all she needs.

I think the reinforcements have finally dried up. Bors and Marcus are choking the point excellently here, but it's a little hard to feed these kills to the people I want with so few areas to safely attack from. This would have been an excellent place to feed Lugh kills had I been more proactive in recruiting him... Perhaps I should have sent Marcus to do it right from the start.

Nothing left but cleanup now. Is that... speed? At long last, Roy gained an offensive stat! Unfortunately this is too little too late.

I would be mad but this is fairly par for the course for Dieck. His stats are fine as they are anyway, it's not like he needs good growths to make him useful.

Shanna and Lance get two uncharacteristically bad levels but that's okay. You can't win 'em all! Luck is still very much appreciated.

The treasure room is heavily guarded by these heavy guards. Lot's quite weak and doesn't do a lot of damage... This is where Lugh would be useful. I would say this is the situation you want the Hammer for, but I doubt even Lot could hit anything with that weapon's 45% base accuracy.

Meanwhile Dieck attempts to pry Slater off of his throne. He's quite strong and very bulky, so the best I can do is let Dieck counterattack him on enemy phase and hope for some decent hit RNG.

Good thing we're here to kill you then! If this were Thracia we could capture him instead of killing him to ensure that fate worse than death comes to pass.

How merciful of Dieck... He didn't feel a thing : )

I could seize and end this chapter now, but I still need the treasure and I might have spent multiple turns trying to lure away an enemy that cannot move. Later games would let you know if an enemy moves or not...

I would have been tempted to feed Lugh kills had he joined earlier, but at this point I'd rather help someone who's already decent get a little better. Unfortunately this isn't a particularly helpful level...

The Halberd in theory is good against horses. In practice it can barely hit them. The extra money is nice, there's a few shops I'll want to visit next chapter.

If I were smart I would have used all these spare turns to rearrange everyone's inventory and get the Halberd into the hands of someone who could actually use it. I also could have placed my best units next to one another to build up some support points... Guess what I didn't do!

25 turns is fairly shameful. I would feel better about having wasted so much time playing safely had I not gotten one of my more useful units killed. Oops?

We sure do seem to keep finding people in dungeons. Can he join our party?

Unfortunately he's been bleeding out for the last few minutes. Maybe if I had spent less than 25 turns reaching him I could have saved him... Hector is right about there being a weapon beneath Ostia that's good against dragons, but we need to not get his daughter killed in order to access it. Am I capable of such a herculean feat?

Next time: Horse hell

RIP Red Cavalier. You got worse levels than the other guy, but I still would rather you had lived than say, Wolt. If only I had had the foresight to use Merlinus as bait to save you!

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

:tipshat:

midnight lasagna posted:

Am I going to be haunted by the ghosts of everyone I killed like in that one Metal Gear boss?

Maybe.

midnight lasagna posted:

Well it's a good thing I'm only killing the characters I have spares of.

Him and his horse :(

They will haunt you together.

quote:

Are any of the christmas cav pairs related?

I don't think so unless you're one of the weirdos who count the ninjas in Fates.

quote:

This wall here on the left is thin enough that enemies can attack through it, which is something you might have to watch out for. Presumably there's little slits in the walls for chucking weapons through.

Counterpoint:

By shunau but the blog refuses to load for me so maybe they deleted.

...does Lughs banananess add to or detract from his score...?

Haar_Dragon
Aug 21, 2015

midnight lasagna posted:

Well I was hoping one of them would roll down on their strength... Could I have avoided this if he were using a lance? I think he ended his turn with 21 HP remaining so the answer would have been no unless he dodged.

Geez, lasagna, if you're not careful, you're gonna have to start doing your math gasp proactively!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
1st map all axes
2nd map all axes
3rd map all lances

God no wonder i got so bored playing this, im sure its a great introduction to new players but yeesh

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hector is still best lord all years. Who knew It would be almost 20 years until they'd give us another axe lord (no. MyUnits do not count) but Hector still the GOAT

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
This... is not a good game unfortunately. The map design is typically maps that are far too large and monotonous.

You really should be giving Lugh experience, largely because he's a mage. Mages are generally overpowered in the GBA series, and Anima magic specifically is overpowered in this title. He's the first person that managed to get 100% hit rates here, isn't he? That general trend stays pretty persistent.

Losing Alan bites largely because he's part of the functionally strongest support triangle at the point of the game where you really need the power boost.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Why would they give you two cavaliers if they didn't want you to discard the worse one

It's so you can discard both of them :smuggo:

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014
Just catching up now, I'm really enjoying the run! Ironman is so different from how players normally do Fire Emblem LPs (or play the game normally, for that matter).

Haar_Dragon
Aug 21, 2015

Keldulas posted:

This... is not a good game unfortunately. The map design is typically maps that are far too large and monotonous.

You really should be giving Lugh experience, largely because he's a mage. Mages are generally overpowered in the GBA series, and Anima magic specifically is overpowered in this title. He's the first person that managed to get 100% hit rates here, isn't he? That general trend stays pretty persistent.

Losing Alan bites largely because he's part of the functionally strongest support triangle at the point of the game where you really need the power boost.

Oh geez, I was so caught up in snark I forgot to actually comment on Lugh. Yeah, all the mages in this game are solid (the dark mages slightly less so but they still target Res) but Lugh has the advantage of 50% Spd growth, which is crazy, and 40% Mag isn't too shabby either - not great, but definitely not bad.

I usually use the next mage we get instead, but I also tend to have really good fortune with her Spd.

...And speaking of whom, it occurs to me that losing certain characters could railroad us into the bad ending. Guess we'll see!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh man more vilk art :dance:

Man, seeing a perfect level this early. Truly, this LP is a land of contrasts.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It's really more 'why not just use both? Or all 3, really. The classes in the games have never been balanced, and it's particularly lopsided in this title.

Haar_Dragon
Aug 21, 2015

Keldulas posted:

It's really more 'why not just use both? Or all 3, really. The classes in the games have never been balanced, and it's particularly lopsided in this title.

Ehh, ordinarily that'd be true, but in FE6 in particular you have the Sealed Weapons problem. For most of the game sure, but they'll still be competing for that endgame tome.

Or we could lose Sophia during the desert and it's all a moot point anyway :v:

Haar_Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 24, 2022

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
There’s only one legendary lance, that doesn’t stop the wyverns from being useful when they can’t use it, it’s the same with the mages.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

theshim posted:

Man, seeing a perfect level this early. Truly, this LP is a land of contrasts.

I've never gotten a perfect level (that I remember).

Also, I hope you don't end up losing one unit per chapter.

Haar_Dragon
Aug 21, 2015

Keldulas posted:

There’s only one legendary lance, that doesn’t stop the wyverns from being useful when they can’t use it, it’s the same with the mages.

Well, yeah, I was just thinking in terms of final team comp. Like, all the wyverns and pegasi are competing for that last team slot since the final team is smaller than your all-game team, so someone's getting cut.

As I think about it, that's a really unusual situation for FE, where the final map usually has a bigger unit capacity rather than smaller. I think the more restrictive roster might be influencing my judgement.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

It's about the weapons, but also promotion items. The game is incredibly stingy with them to the point of basically demanding a varied force.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Eh in the mages case at least, the competition for the Guiding Rings is…. theoretically there but kind of limited. I couldn’t be assed to grind up Saul to S rank light magic from E promoted so I don’t particularly care to promote him. Healers level more slowly without deliberate grinding so Clarine promotes later. Regular Dark Magic sucks in this game due to accuracy issues and lack of Aircaliber. They’re basically just using Flux since no shaman you get can remotely use Nosferatu well. So I do get Ray to 20 and do promote him, but he gets delayed priority due to only being useful with Apocalypse.

You get two Guiding Rings by Nabata, which is enough for Lilina and Lugh to promote when they want to. For me, Clarine didn’t reach 20 by then and I was frustrated with Ray’s accuracy, never mind the complete joke of Sophia.

For some reason, Light and Dark magic users in this game with the exception of Ray have pretty severe stat issues on top of being stuck with using vastly inferior weaponry. But because the Guiding Rings are distributed in number to theoretically try to use one of each, you get enough to promote all the Anima mages without undue delay.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Keldulas posted:

Mages don't have the same movement range or the tankiness that the wyverns bring to the table. Or the excellent starting stats, for that matter.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Yeah, they’re merely the best chip (or chunk) damage, the best chassis for healing, and the most accurate units in the game.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Edit: Looking back I can see how my first post might have appeared arrogant or rude, and this post originally was definitely that. I'm sorry about this.

Still I think the point stands, mages in general in this game are okay if nothing special. You can get good results from Lugh, Lilina, Ray and Hugh if you train them, but they're never going to be the heavy hitters units like Allen/Lance, Thany, Rutger, Miredy, Zeis, Percival etc. are.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 25, 2022

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
Just as a bit of :words:, I've always found the idea that Narcian killed Hector interesting from a gameplay perspective, because by FE6 standards he should never win under any circumstanced, but by FE7 standards, he should never lose. The Runesword ignoring the weapon triangle and hitting Res is a massive change, and Hector's FE6 stats are bad. Of course, if Zephiel killed him, this is all out the window.

Anyways, uh, on topic for the thread, RIP Alan! It's too bad the Green Cavalier is almost always better.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

vilkacis posted:

:tipshat:

Maybe.

Him and his horse :(

They will haunt you together.

I don't think so unless you're one of the weirdos who count the ninjas in Fates.

Counterpoint:

By shunau but the blog refuses to load for me so maybe they deleted.

...does Lughs banananess add to or detract from his score...?
Oh no, not Alen's horse! It didn't do anything wrong...

I think I'm of those weirdos who counts Saizo and Kaze, just because Cavaliers aren't a thing in Hoshido. I can't believe I forget them, I literally just LP'd Fates twice.

Bananas are good so that's a point in Lugh's favour.

Keldulas posted:

I'm mostly ignoring Lugh because I want to use Lilina. I think she's worse overall, but she's fun and I'd never really given her a chance before. Not that the two need to be mutually exclusive though, he'll definitely see some use at least for a while. I promise he will earn some experience in this next update...

Faillen Angel posted:

Just as a bit of :words:, I've always found the idea that Narcian killed Hector interesting from a gameplay perspective, because by FE6 standards he should never win under any circumstanced, but by FE7 standards, he should never lose. The Runesword ignoring the weapon triangle and hitting Res is a massive change, and Hector's FE6 stats are bad. Of course, if Zephiel killed him, this is all out the window.

Anyways, uh, on topic for the thread, RIP Alan! It's too bad the Green Cavalier is almost always better.
Brunya was fighting against him too according to the wiki, she could much more believably kill him based off of stats alone. Narcian probably just tanked a single axe hit and ran away.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

Crumbling League... Is that good? I do like a good crumble.

Following Hector's dying request, Roy decides to head west. But were Roy respecting the wishes of the deceased, he would have headed east. And if he were to take to heart the last words from Hector's mouth, Roy would instead head south...

Rather unwise of Roy to trust the lord of a territory that's pronounced like "louse". Or at least I think it's pronounced that way. The European English localisation of FE7 localised Laus to Lahus, but it didn't do it very consistently. They changed a few other place names as well, I don't think they wanted fictional locations named after real ones?

The chapter opens with a rather dark scene of recurring creep Narcian being given the captive Clarine by the Marquess as a show of fealty, but thankfully Clarine is too naive to understand the danger she's in and de esculates the situation by obliterating Narcian's fragile self esteem by comparing him to a dog.

He's so thoroughly owned that he has to retreat to see his therapist back in Bern. This is the second time Narcian's fled our army despite being strong enough that not a single one of my units could damage him... He's going to make a habit of this.

Does this chapter look familiar? It should, it's almost exactly the same as Chapter 14 from FE7. It sucked back then and it sucks now too. This map represents a large spike in this game's difficulty. You'd better have Roy's Rapier and Marcus's Silver Lance still intact, because you're going to need to fend off a large amount of fasty and bulky Cavaliers that will otherwise be very hard to kill. There's also 3 villages to visit, the southernmost one being in the most danger, as Pirates will soon pour out of the forts to the south.

Here's the caliber of enemy we'll be dealing with here. 9 speed and 8 defense is cruel - none of my units besides Shanna are fast enough to double that, and even the ones who can take a hit will be struggling to do much in return. It'll take a lot of my army just to take down one of these horses.

The Nomads are pretty scary too, but thankfully they're not much faster. One annoying quirk of Nomads (and Troubadours) in FE6 is that they don't count as mounted enemies when calculating effective damage - Roy's Rapier won't be effective against them. Which is annoying, because they're fast and hard to hit and hitting stuff consistently is what the Rapier does best!

The boss is also very overtuned for this point in the game, but thankfully his weapons do at least weigh him down a tiny bit. Overly powerful bosses are unfortunately going to become a theme from here on out. Unluckily for him, the best boss killer in the game might be making an appearence soon...

Forming a chokepoint here on this starting island will be my best bet at survival for now. Ambush spawns from behind will eventually force us to leave, but they won't be showing up for 10 or so turns yet.

I should have put this in Lot's hands earlier... The Halberd is also effective against horses and could in theory one-shot some of them, but in practice is so inaccurate that hitting lance users is a gamble and hitting sword users is completely out of the question. A lucky hit from Lot could save me some grief, but if he misses he's likely to be so weighed down that he'll be doubled in return.

Thank you for giving me your house keys, random child who doesn't know any better! For some reason the game gives you this Door Key two chapters before a door actually shows up. Chad can open doors with his Lockpicks already, so there's no reason for him to hang on to this.

The plan is for me to use the bridges as chokepoints, but before the horses reach my army I want them weakened as much as possible. Marcus can bait them all to soften them up and then retreat back to safety with his high movement the turn after...

Then suddenly it dawned on me: all these pirates come from this small little island here. Normally they'll emerge a few turns in and force you to move fast in order to save the south village, which would force me to eventually leave the relative safety of my island chokepoint... But what if I were to airlift someone onto this fort to distract them? It would have to be someone good at dodging though. A sword user would be best, but I don't want to risk Roy... Lance and Marcus and Dieck are too vital to my plans to place here even if they're very unlikely to die, Chad would cost me all the treasure in Chapter 6 if he died... Hmm.

I am about to do something very silly. Lugh's fast, he can counter from 2 range, and most importantly: I don't care all that much if he doesn't survive. I've put absolutely no EXP investment into him at all, and even if he is better than Lilina I'm still planning on using her over him just because I want to. Think about it this way: if it doesn't work and he dies then I lose a unit I didn't really want to lose anyway, if it succeeds and he lives then he'll gain a few levels and I won't have to worry about the pirates to the south. This does mean I won't get to use him against the Cavaliers, but even with his chip damage I don't think I'll miss him too much. I feel like the benefit of not having to play fast will outweigh the negative of having one less unit to fight them with!

These Cavaliers might not be all that powerful, but their bulk is very noticeable - Marcus would be shredding any other class with his Silver Lance. Still though, 13 HP should put them in 2HKO range of my weaker units.

I could have given him a Javelin to counterattack these guys, but more likely than not he'd miss anyway. I'd rather have the consistent damage against the cavs...

Godspeed, Lugh. I'm sure you'll be fine...

Hmm. That's not a lot of damage! I was hoping Roy with his Rapier could at least finish off the targets weakened by Marcus. 10 accurate damage is still good, it's just not enough...

Here's what Lot looks like against a sword cav. 42% isn't super unlikely, even considering true hit, but it's absolutely not reliable. If he swung and missed I'd have to get someone to carry him away to safety.

Wolt tries to help put a guy into kill range and fails. All that skill he gained and he still can't hit anything. I think I rated this guy too highly.

Oh my god, you guys are useless! I do genuinely like this game but things like this make me question that opinion. Considering how good Lance's levels have been so far he should not be this bad against generic enemies. I really wish this game had combat arts, I'd love to kill these jerks with Knightkneeler.

Well that's one of them down. I'm fully aware that this chapter is going to be made or broken by the RNG... If I can survive with a few of my units intact I'll be happy.

Marcus and Dieck can take a single Nomad between them. I want these guys gone as soon as possible, 2 range attacks make it hard for me to keep my healers safe and the threat of arrows limits where Shanna can stand.

Well at least it's not just HP...? I won't complain about skill what with all these suboptimal hit rates going around, but it would be nice to see some strength!

I guess this is as good as I can hope for. Using Merlinus as a chokepoint proves I'm desperate. Bors unfortunately gets doubled by everything here.

Go Roy! If both of the Cavaliers had been clever about targetting then they could have killed him, RNG aside. I figured they'd try to kill Merlinus first and was worried when I saw the bottom one attack Roy first, but thankfully he both missed and blocked the other one from going for him anyway.

And there goes Merlinus. An eternity of death and rebirth awaits him! Ward and Alen were the lucky ones, they don't get to come back.

Meanwhile, some shenanigans are going on in the castle. Rutger's actually here to help Clarine, he's just not doing a very good job of it. Also he's a Myrmidon, not a Mercenary! Those are two completely different sword wielding infantry classes.

This situation looks a little precarious. I'm going to have to double back and start forming chokepoints, but with only one healer it'll be difficult to keep everyone topped up...

Thankfully by overextending earlier I can pull the ol' grab and run strategy. It's nice to see Roy being useful for once!

Even Marcus can die here, so for once I should start caring about his HP. It sure would be nice to have a second healer right about now...

I no longer care who gets kills anymore, I just want things to die. I'm sure nothing is impossible without Marcus, but I bet you'd have to rig a hell of a lot of Halberd hits if you wanted to survive this chapter without him!

Suddenly, a gift from the heavens: Clarine! She's been put on a horse to make her escape. Was she a Troubadour before Rutger gave her that horse...? She'll make her way over to Roy without any of the enemies targetting her. It's a good thing they don't, she'd have no chance of survivng otherwise.

Sure would be nice if she could visit some villages while on her way. Would save me the trouble of going up there...

There's a lot less enemies than there used to, but my army's quite worn down by now. I might have to take a gamble... If Lot misses I can grab him and run, but then I'll be down two units this turn.

Yes!!!!! Thank you sweet RNG! I promise I won't complain about you until something bad happens and I immediately forget any good luck I've ever had.

Could random numbers... be good? Things are looking a lot nicer now. It's rare to see a Marcus crit I appreciate but I sure am glad he did that.

Hello! You'll notice these pirates spawn one tile left of the fort and not on it... I think that might have been intentional to try to stop the thing I am doing right now.

You'll have to try a little harder to that if you want to defeat this small child. A hit rate of 20 is perfectly manageable I think, plus Lugh has both the fort and a Vulnerary to heal him back up if he gets unlucky...

That's the initial wave of enemies all done and dealt with. Perhaps I'll keep using Elen if she keeps getting magic? There's a Priest who joins later with a higher magic base and staff rank, but if Elen's better than him by the time he shows up then she can stay.

Now to skedaddle before the reinforcements arrive. There's a good few turns yet, but I want to be cautious.

Here's your "a guy is about to appear in front of the castle with a load of soldiers" warning. You'd better pay attention to it too, otherwise you're going to lose someone to a Killing Edge crit.

Oops, here's something I did not take into account when I chose to start Operation: Slippery Peel - some of these Pirates have regular weapons with decent accuracy. Hand Axes Lugh can dodge all day, Iron Axes maybe not... I only looked at the hit rates of the Hand Axe guys on FE WoD when planning this.

Good thing he has his Vulneraries to keep him alive! He can survive one hit per turn... Hopefully that's all he needs to.

Eventually Clarine makes her way to Roy and recruits herself, which is very kind of her to do. Ignore what she says about needing protection - Clarine is tagged so that no enemies on this map will target her, even after recruiting herself and turning blue. I think the only exceptions are the Pirates that spawn in after she joins? She can't actually attack so there's not a whole lot she can do with her invincibility, but a healer who you can position wherever you want is a very hand thing to have.

This is where I'd post her joining stats, but unfortunately I never took a screenshot of any of them after she joined... I'll just have to type it all instead.

Clarine
Lvl 1 Troubadour
15 HP
2 MAG
5 SKL
9 SPD
8 LCK
2 DEF
5 RES

Starting Inventory: Heal, Vulnerary

40% HP
30% MAG
40% SKL
50% SPD
65% LCK
10% DEF
40% RES

Affinity: Thunder (Defense, Avoid, Critical, Critical Evade)
Support Partners: Klein, Rutger, Dieck, Lance, Dorothy

A second healer and it's only Chapter 4! Fire Emblem games aren't usually this generous... Clarine is fairly typical for a Troubadour - she's fast and extremely lucky, but also very fragile and not all that good at actually healing people. Even by this game's standards a 2 magic base and 30% growth really is not that good...

Magic's not essential for healing though, and being able to ride around fast on a mount is pretty cool. Just for that alone Clarine is better than Elen. What she is most infamous for however is her supports - Clarine is one of 3 of the Clarine/Rutger/Dieck support trio, 3 units who all support one another with affinities that boost avoid. Not only are all three of these units useful, they're all fairly naturally evasive already - put them together and suddenly the already inaccurate enemies of FE6 can't hit them at all. As a healer with no weapons Clarine will struggle to get much use out of her high avoid at first, but if you can suffer through leveling her up a little she can eventually become a pretty good dodge tank as a Valkyrie. This is reliant on you grinding out both her support levels and her healer EXP, but if you put in the work it'll absolutely be worth it.

My Rating: 8.5/10. Heals on wheels with the potential to get silly.

The non-horse enemies have started to move out now... By which I mean this one Archer. It's tempting to race forward to go get him, but Rutger and his entourage are about to appear right in front of the castle, and I don't want him killing any of my units by surprise. I'm going to hang back a little until they show up.

Or well most of my units are going to hang back. Marcus is going to kill this guy with the last few uses of his Silver Lance because I don't want to be fighting too many enemies at a time.

Hello Rutger! He always spawns a little farther in front of the castle than I remember. Thankfully he's just short of Marcus. If either one managed to kill the other I'd be quite upset.

Good night, sweet prince... I feel as if a little part of Marcus has died today.

Because he sure isn't much of a jeigan without his lance. Being outdamaged by level 4 Cavaliers is kind of embarrassing!

Recruiting Rutger is a matter of getting Clarine to talk to him. The enemies surrounding him are a bit of a problem, but Rutger can easily murder at least one of them after joining. I'm a bit wary of retreating when the reinforcements from the right are on their way, but they shouldn't be here for a few turns yet...

While all this is happening, banana boy is having fun on party island. This is a fairly typical Lugh level I think, he's mostly fast and nothing else.

Hello Rutger! I hope you brought your resume because it's job interview time.

Rutger has seen what Clarine's sick burns did to Narcian's self esteem and he wants none of that. There were actual reasons for Rutger joining us in the fight against Bern that I cropped out, but it's funnier to pretend he joined us because Clarine said it was ungentlemanly for him not to.

Rutger joins the party and oh my god he has 15 speed at level 4. Those Hard mode bonuses aren't exclusive to the non-recruitable enemies...

HP: 80%
STR: 30%
SKL: 60%
SPD: 50%
LCK: 30%
DEF: 20%
RES: 20%

Affinity: Dark (Accuracy, Avoid, Critial, Critical Evade)
Support Partners: Clarine, Dayan, Dieck, Karel, Fir

You've probably heard a lot of good things about Rutger. Hard mode bonuses are very nice and those are insane stats for a measly level 4 unit, but what in particular makes him so amazing? HHM Guy's join stats at level 3 are very similar (25 HP, 8 STR, 13 SKL, 13 SPD, 5 LCK, 6 DEF, 1 RES) and nobody's calling him OP, or even calling him good. What's the difference?

Rutger shines because of the circumstances provided by the game he's in. Most weapons in FE6 are very inaccurate, so the high hit rates of swords make them stand out a lot more. Javelins and Hand Axes being as inaccurate as they are makes his lack of easily obtainable 1-2 range a non-issue, but enemy phase combat is not really what you're using Rutger for... He's more of a single target elimination guy. His role in your army is to pry the game's tankiest and dodgiest bosses off of their thrones. Rutger and his Killing Edge are your best tool for taking 10 and higher AS bosses that nobody else can hit and want to be risking combat against. That aside, he's also just a very nice frontliner and even better than Silver Lance Marcus at softening up or killing outright those problematic enemies you really want dead, and unlike him Rutger will be earning EXP and growing stronger as he takes them out. His dodgetanking ability only gets stronger if you take advantage of his support bonuses, but even without them he's still an amazing unit. He also gets an extremely cool 30 bonus to crit as a Swordmaster (compared to other game's 15), but that's really just icing on the cake. He's good!

My Rating: 10/10. Doesn't need the Vague Katti or Rajinto to be an amazing unit.

Rutger immediately demonstrates his power by killing this guy so hard he cuts the combat interface itself in half. Those Cavaliers that were giving the rest of my army so much trouble are nothing to this guy!

Lugh's doing his job and keeping the Pirates away from the villages... They're too busy stomping on his head. This doesn't look good for him!

Oh dear, that was unfortunate! One more hit will kill him. If all the Pirates had Hand Axes he could survive this easily...

He's not ready to die just yet. I'm on the edge of my seat here... Every combat could be his last!

He just needs to survive this phase and then he can heal up. Come on Lugh, you've got this!

You just keep getting that speed and you can dodge those hits! Defense would be nice but I have to keep my expectations realistic.

Every point of speed is 2 extra avoid. I'm invested in him now, this is making me nervous...

Just think about all these innocent townsfolk that get to live thanks to him. This village only gives an Iron Blade in FE7... I guess at some point they reforged it to be better.

Yeah Lugh's just gonna be stuck like this for a while. I'd send Shanna to rescue him but there's no opening for her to swoop in...

Rutger meanwhile is raining down death and justice upon those who would oppose him. He's so powerful the game can't even show what's happening here.

This level is more in line with what I'd expect Shanna to get. Sure she's fast and skilled already, but more of both of those things is nice!

Lugh's situation is not improving, but look on the bright side - he's getting so much EXP! Each point of luck is a single point of avoid, so this helps him a little...

Roy is good now...? Not really, but this is very nice to see. 9 speed is very respectable. I don't think it'll help him double anything though. I'm just glad he's no longer at base strength.

Lugh ran out of Vulneraries a while back, but here's a new problem: his Fire tome isn't lasting. It breaking won't have any effect on his avoid, but it will stop him from killing the guys trying to kill him first.

If only Lugh could somehow visit this shop. This shop that is operating safely without fear of pirate attacks thanks to the courageous efforts of one young boy dressed like a banana.

Here comes the cavalry. I'm on a timer now, not just to save my army from these reinforcements, but to save Lugh from the pirates...

I'm really invested in him now. Just imagine how good he'll be once he's back on the mainland! I almost wish he would get worse levels so I would stop worrying so much about his survival.

He'll be fine though, right? Right???

I might even gift him this when he makes it back home. With 24 HP he'd be just about bulky enough to go a few rounds on the front lines, and he'd do decent damage in retaliation too. More likely it'll go to Roy though, or maybe Shanna.

Ohhh this is not good for my heart. I can't take this much longer, I need to hurry up and get out of here before he bites the dust and loses all those great levels he got!

Rutger is my best hope at finishing this chapter quickly. This might not look ideal, but it's much worse for anyone else. That 3% crit chance is unfortunately just something I'm going to have to accept, there's no better way.

The enemy is on the horizon... I think I could take all these guys if I had to, but I'd rather not if I could help it.

Two hits and a dodge is okay, but what I really need is those crits. I'm going to have him attack on both phases and heal him just to make this go as quickly as possible.

Lance is getting some pretty great levels too... This puts both his speed and defense exactly on par with Marcus! Too bad his strength and HP aren't nearly as good.

NO

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MY BOY

MY PRECIOUS BABY BOY

MY BEAUTIFUL BANANA SON

drat YOU!!!!!!!!

He could have died instantly, he could have survived and kept all those levels... Why'd he have to do really well and then die when I was invested? This heartbreak wasn't what I signed up for when I sent this child to his death!!!

Oops, I left Marcus in range of the boss. Not that it matters now, I'm too late to save the boy...

I guess I have to deal with these guys... Who even cares? Life is meaningless and empty. There is no joy left in the world.

There's no chance of me defeating Erik before they reach my army now he's got his Javelin equipped. I think I can form a wall...

This... is perfectly acceptable, honestly. Rutger's bases are already amazing, his one immediate problem is the slight crit rate all the bosses are going to have on him. Anything to lessen that is fine!

Well it was worth a look. I won't risk it, I don't want Lot dying to a crit... Sure Rutger can die to a crit too and he's arguably more valuable, I just haven't grown attached to him yet.

I guess the one nice part about having to fight these Cavaliers is that I'm getting some pretty nice levels out of it. Clarine's got a long way to go but if she keeps getting levels like this I'm happy to feed her all the EXP she needs.

Using my fragile Troubadour as a frontliner feels wrong, but if I have my info right the enemies won't attack her. Rutger had to go deal with the Archer behind my formation, so he's not there to be on the front line...

Oh, they are attacking her... Maybe it's all reinforcements that will attack her on this map, not just the Pirates!

okay i should seriously consider checking my information more thoroughly before i make these decisions

Pretty sure the boss won't attack her though. She can sit next to him and heal him while he slowly attempts to kill the boss, gaining support points with him all the while.

OKAY NEVERMIND HE ATTACKS HER TOO

Finally. I'm not particularly hopeful for my future either, but at least I've gotten this far! Although if Rutger had died to a crit before killing Erik I don't know what I would have done. As much as I do have a soft spot for this game, the early few chapters really are unnecessarily cruel.

HP and luck, sweet. Oh and speed and skill too but Rutger capping those is a given.

It took so long for me to dispose of the boss that even these guys have reached us now. I'm pretty sure this is the bastard who killed Lugh... I will have my revenge!!

I spent so long getting here I may as well farm supports. I don't actually remember what the context for this line was. I like to think it was Roy trying to hoist responsibility for all my deaths onto someone else, and Lance telling him off for it... How irresponsible! It's all Roy's fault these people died, and not mine.

A C level Fire + Anima support gives the two of them a Attack + 1, Accuracy + 2, Avoid + 5, Critical + 2, Critical Evade + 2 bonus. That's pretty decent, although not as good as two Fire affinities supporting one another would be.

60 turns of mashing "end" over and over and it seems clear that I've hit the support point cap for this chapter. Elen and Dieck don't actually support each other... I'm not sure why I thought they did.

They did. 60 turns of it! We march now.

Next time: Capped strength on a boss

Well my plan almost worked. I would say it worked insofar as I saved all the villages... If only I had packed an extra Vulnerary, or if I had Shanna on standby to pick him back up... Maybe Chad would have been a better option, with WTA and his higher speed he would have been facing much lower hit rates. But then if he had died I would have lost all the treasure in Chapter 6... Hmm. Well the plan was always for me to use Lilina, she might not be as good but I've never successfully trained her before and I want to try. And there is another chapter with a fort island that spawns pirates right after she joins...

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
i cant believe you did this to banan boy :negative:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
No potassium diet.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Such is the fate of the dodge tank

Haar_Dragon
Aug 21, 2015
And this is why we need the Prep menu!

Losing Lugh also costs you Raigh, but...eh. He might be the only decent Dark Mage in the game, but that's only slightly less damning than "best Archer."

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Whoops. Honestly, I can't blame your logic for doing that. It's just too early in the game to do it because he doesn't have a 2nd fire tome yet. I'm pretty sure he could've pulled it off with two Fire Tomes and two Vulnearys (I can't spell that word worth poo poo).

Given that he was getting 20s on the Hand Axes, I'm fairly certain that Chad would've had 0s what with WTA and higher speed. You just would've had a diamond of Hand Axes around him. But c'est la vie.

Honestly, you're making this look pretty fun though, I've never done an Ironman in FE before and while FE6 is probably one of my least favourite, it's also probably the most appropriate game to do an Ironman of. You seem to be inspiring me into playing some of the more maligned FE titles... Thank god that didn't work with Birthright.

And yeah, using Raigh is honestly pretty bad if only because he effectively loses Apocalypse. I really don't see how he's going to train Sophia in an Ironman whatsoever, she's so RNG-based with how terrible her start is.

Edit: Trip report, I also lost Ward on the 2nd map. Goodbye Hammer! Dammit....

Keldulas fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 26, 2022

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

midnight lasagna posted:

Suddenly, a gift from the heavens: Clarine! She's been put on a horse to make her escape. Was she a Troubadour before Rutger gave her that horse...?

A horse?! I'm a cleric, i can't ride a-

Wow, 7 movement? Never mind, this thing is great, i'm a troubadour now!

quote:

Operation: Slippery Peel

:lol:

quote:

This heartbreak wasn't what I signed up for when I sent this child to his death!!!

Welp, you had me invested too. How irresponsible of you Roy to order him to go and get his entire head lopped off!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's a shame he bruised so easily

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Haar_Dragon posted:

And this is why we need the Prep menu!

Losing Lugh also costs you Raigh, but...eh. He might be the only decent Dark Mage in the game, but that's only slightly less damning than "best Archer."

According to Serenes Chad can recruit him too, which makes sense.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

According to Serenes Chad can recruit him too, which makes sense.

Oh good, I thought I was going crazy when everyone started talking about how he couldn't be recruited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

vilkacis posted:

A horse?! I'm a cleric, i can't ride a-

Wow, 7 movement? Never mind, this thing is great, i'm a troubadour now!

With that poofy dress and wand, I would have assumed she was a magical girl before she got the horse.

...And why are those banana puns so funny to me?