Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Cattail Prophet posted:

Fun fact: these enemies are even tougher than they're supposed to be. A few years back, it was discovered that FE6's hard mode has a bug where enemy reinforcements have hard mode bonuses applied twice. This is actually the reason that some of the recruitable enemies get hard mode bonuses (and why Perceval only gets them if you recruit him the second time he shows up). However, because you don't have access to the prep screen at the beginning of the game and the chapters just start by themselves, all of the enemies are technically coded as reinforcements.

...No kidding? I'll just watch people deal with vanilla FE6 and stick with Project Ember, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

vilkacis posted:

are you sure about that

did you check

This is absolutely wonderful, right down to the image names.

And I didn't know Sophia was that bad (because I never used her, but I assumed a unit joining that late in the game would be at least passable).

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

theshim posted:

Man, seeing a perfect level this early. Truly, this LP is a land of contrasts.

I've never gotten a perfect level (that I remember).

Also, I hope you don't end up losing one unit per chapter.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

vilkacis posted:

A horse?! I'm a cleric, i can't ride a-

Wow, 7 movement? Never mind, this thing is great, i'm a troubadour now!

With that poofy dress and wand, I would have assumed she was a magical girl before she got the horse.

...And why are those banana puns so funny to me?

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
And to think, I was worried about you losing one unit every chapter.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Just let Troubadours have their swords back.

And I'm wondering how much of a difference it would make to have a Thief (or was Rennac already a Rogue?) from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I'm sure that the fantasy she's (not so secretly) trying to live, anyway.

Also, just make the staff the promotion item.

Bogart posted:

A staff-locked hero could be interesting as long as there is a generous rain of status and movement staves. Being encouraged to actually use your Sleep / Berserk to distract and undercut powerful enemy groupings and sending in candygrams (throw in the Fates kidnapping staff for extra fun) could make for a more active protagonist than 'send them in against fighters and brigands'!

Just...as long as there are no extra "opportunities" to use a Torch staff.