Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Absolute positively doritos tostitos locos tacos bananas in the noodle man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Imagine dying in a place called The Nutty Putty Cave.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
This happens near where I live. You could get stuck like 25 seconds in and be turbofucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtlwoX1YEmg

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
must feel like a real idiot being stuck upside down in tube within a cave

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

syntaxfunction posted:

Cave diving is for narcissists who insist "it couldn't happen to me!" They are all deranged and need help.

Same as people who go up Everest, but at least they're not drowning Sherpa.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Last Call posted:

Imagine dying in a place called The Nutty Putty Cave.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
straight people :jerkbag:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

:hmmyes:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It seems interesting enough to check out a place that had absolutely no goddamn tight places, but I'd still want like 2 extra scuba setups strapped to my back like a pack mule.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
DAE cry when they found the kids in the documentary

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:mad:

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
double cave diving with your best bro or broke

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
or if you're really good bros you could cave 69ve with eachother

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

are you asking bro?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
How you fit a man's head in there?
I am doing it wrong?

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
eh i just don't wanna gently caress my hair up. sorry

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

YouTube recommended me this spelunking father son channel and I watched a few vids and became sufficiently terrified, just why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjOghih_Z5s

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Das Boo posted:

How you fit a man's head in there?
I am doing it wrong?

Zika virus people get all the breaks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO41RRq_vEY

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Just watch this and you'll never want to go into a cave ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUJKRVu6IVA

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
gently caress your fear, there are secret stones in these caves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3l_BBBWuzI

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat can u imagine causing a cave-in because you and your gang start whoopin and hollerin when you find a nice secret stone in your cave

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Khanstant posted:

drat can u imagine causing a cave-in because you and your gang start whoopin and hollerin when you find a nice secret stone in your cave

but just think of all the coins you could dip in vinegar!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
stalactite supervisor on the job

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
caves aren't actually very scary or dangerous. there's just a concerted effort to make caves seem scary and dangerous to keep people out because they don't want us stumbling upon all that panama paper money hidden around

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Brother Tadger posted:

This isn’t actually true. Many cave dives are just as narrow as spelunking caves. In fact, my buddy has an oxygen tank rig that is specifically designed to float next to you (rather than be attached to your back) so you can squeeze through tight spaces and then pull the tank behind you. Of course, you could go to wide open caves, but then you might as well be doing open water diving :smug:

lmao can't wait to pull my rig of tubes and air canisters through a narrow opening of jagged rocks I can barely fit through tens of meters underwater

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Zika virus people get all the breaks

now try these

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
you know laying in a bed covered by sheets is basically the same thing as being in a cave? you can get your legs all smashed up with wenches in your own bed easier than in a cave

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Khanstant posted:

stalactite supervisor on the job

That guy is so done with cave bullshit.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

abigserve posted:

lmao can't wait to pull my rig of tubes and air canisters through a narrow opening of jagged rocks I can barely fit through tens of meters underwater

Lol, believe me dude, I’m in agreement w you. As I said before, I’m trying to get my buddy to add me as a beneficiary

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I went to a tourist cave thing when I was a kid where they'd found some poor prehistoric kid's jawbone down far past any other human remains (which almost never went past the mouth apparently), but right around where all the cave bears/wolves/cats etc would've been hanging out. They decided the best way to immerse us in the past was to walk us down to that area, turn off all the lights and play noises of those animals growling for a solid minute. It was great.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Someone post that manga where people find caves that are exactly their body shape and they start sliding into it

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I’m currently wedged head side up in a cave and the rescuers said they would have to wait until I lost some weight to pull me out. They have me on a diet but wingstop delivers to the cave and the rescuers go home at 6. Also animals keep wandering into the cave. There are two people stuck behind me who are complaining and sometimes they yell that they can smell the food I’m eating and to hurry up and lose 10 pounds so we can all leave. But I like it here

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You never know what's gonna be on the other side of that hole, OP. Sure 90% of the time it's just more cave, but it could also be your death.

Don't go talking poo poo about caves in general though. Caves where you don't have to horrifically die to get through actually own.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Some of these stories are truly terrifying; there's about 4 diving stories between these two links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9en1PDgpAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yaednyAjI

and they will haunt you for life lol

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Meh, when you've heard one "stuck in a hole" story, you've kinda heard them all. That's why they had to come up with the traditional folk-tale of "my sister got stuck in the washing machine hole and I had to gently caress her loose", to change things up a little.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mooey Cow posted:

Meh, when you've heard one "stuck in a hole" story, you've kinda heard them all. That's why they had to come up with the traditional folk-tale of "my sister got stuck in the washing machine hole and I had to gently caress her loose", to change things up a little.

*Ahem* STEP sister

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Vegetable posted:

Someone post that manga where people find caves that are exactly their body shape and they start sliding into it

Enigma of Amigara Fault

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Buce posted:

Apparently there’s some kind of tropical paradise full of dinosaurs and godzillas and etc if you go deep enough. Most divers are just trying to get there and get some good instagrams.

I also read this Choose Your Own Adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pyrotoad posted:

I went to a tourist cave thing when I was a kid where they'd found some poor prehistoric kid's jawbone down far past any other human remains (which almost never went past the mouth apparently), but right around where all the cave bears/wolves/cats etc would've been hanging out. They decided the best way to immerse us in the past was to walk us down to that area, turn off all the lights and play noises of those animals growling for a solid minute. It was great.

This is what it would have sounded like to die in the paleolithic era