Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the nearest quiznos is 2.5 hours drive from my house. for every day that there is not a quiznos near my house i will say extremely bad things about the quiznos board of directors

i need a prime rib and peppercorn with that special Number 52 sauce or whatever the gently caress on it. i need it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

quiznos is dead, but that's okay because also it was bad

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
Out of high school I dated a girl that worked at Quiznos and she’d make me free sandwiches and they were pretty good. But she might’ve been making them better than usual for me, spitting in them, or both

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
There's one near me that's basically a quiznos in name only. It's sad. It doesn't have any of the branding left except for the sign outside, their menu was tiny compared to what it used to be, they had no au jus jacuzzis to make steak and cheeses with, and the chicken carbonara was a shadow of it's former self.

I mean autocorrect won't even give it a capital letter.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

it was substantially better than subway which sadly still exists

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I live in Colorado and there’s one 10 mins down the road from me, and it’s drive thru.

There’s another one a few miles away, and one in our spooky alien airport

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Yeah, Quiznos is basically dead except for certain markets, but 15 years ago it was good. And Subway still sucked then.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
quiznos is in hell where it belongs

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Early on Quiznos was outright good but then they expanded too fast and started cutting corners to the point where they were using stale bread and crap and just collapsed.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

sean10mm posted:

Early on Quiznos was outright good but then they expanded too fast and started cutting corners to the point where they were using stale bread and crap and just collapsed.

this was because corporate was actively trying to gently caress over their franchisees with all this bullshit. I watched a good documentary on it but basically being a Quiznos franchisee at the height of their expansion was pure business hell

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
i liked their bread bowls. no matter what i got on the subs they always felt too oily and left me feeling like i'd rubbed it on my face. i didn't though!!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

barnold posted:

this was because corporate was actively trying to gently caress over their franchisees with all this bullshit. I watched a good documentary on it but basically being a Quiznos franchisee at the height of their expansion was pure business hell

lol yeah. Something in the franchise agreement said the franchisee's could only use one supplier for their food. I think that supplier was owned by the Quiznos owner/franchisor, so they'd buy the ingredients wholesale then sell them to the stores marked up, so the stores had close to no margins to make a profit.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

tetsuo posted:

i liked their bread bowls. no matter what i got on the subs they always felt too oily and left me feeling like i'd rubbed it on my face. i didn't though!!

my "i didn't rub a freshly toasted quiznos black angus steakhouse sub on my face just now" t-shirt is raising a lot of questions already answered by my t-shirt

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

tetsuo posted:

I hate this but I also like oil on my subs so idk what to do

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
IIRC The big thing that killed Quiznos franchisees was that if corporate said there was a deal/sale that X sub was $5, every franchise either had to do it, or suffer a penalty. This worked out great for places in bumfuck midwest, but if you were say in NYC or Honolulu that $5 deal could be netting you -$2 to -$4 per sandwich. so you were damned if you do, damned if you don't. Add that to the "MUST USE CORPORATE MANDATED INGREDIENTS" and you have a disaster scenario of a TON of franchises.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
E: loving doublepost.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The last time I had Quiznos was in the Hawaiian airport. It was the most expensive meal I had on my trip to Japan.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
quiznos was bomb as hell. rip

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Smythe posted:

quiznos was bomb as hell. rip

I don’t even care if this is sarcastic, but it’s true.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eightysixed posted:

I don’t even care if this is sarcastic, but it’s true.

100% honest. I liked it.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

:hfive:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
there used to be one walking distance from my apartment but COVID killed it. It got replaced by a local chain called Snarf's that I think is unquestionably worse than Quiznos in just about every way

rip Italian sub with black olives by default + added horseradish sauce from the SAUCE BAR. god tier combo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

snarf's sounds like a place where if you want bacon you have to call it "epic bacon" and if you don't they ring a bell and do a disparaging pirate shanty

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

i say swears online posted:

snarf's sounds like a place where if you want bacon you have to call it "epic bacon" and if you don't they ring a bell and do a disparaging pirate shanty

I was thinking Cheba Hut rip off which would be a sad thing to rip off.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AARD VARKMAN posted:

there used to be one walking distance from my apartment but COVID killed it. It got replaced by a local chain called Snarf's that I think is unquestionably worse than Quiznos in just about every way

rip Italian sub with black olives by default + added horseradish sauce from the SAUCE BAR. god tier combo

I love snarfs.

They had this hot dog thing that was nasty in a good way. Just a big ol hot dog in a giant roll.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

AARD VARKMAN posted:

a local chain called Snarf's

order the samoflange special

its a secret menu item

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I love snarfs.

They had this hot dog thing that was nasty in a good way. Just a big ol hot dog in a giant roll.

I loved a local place’s hot dog in a roll until I got food poisoning from that. To be fair it was my second time getting food poisoning there (first time was on a really tasty Turkey roll). They had really good sandwiches! And I feel like food poisoning once is an honest mistake so I gave them a second try. But the hot dog roll was not worth a third round of hugging a toilet all night.

There is a place in the richy part of the Phoenix area that does hot dogs in tortillas (a tortilla, not a torta; this is NOT a Sonoran dog, don’t get it twisted). Which is cool, I did that poo poo all the time as a kid. We always had tortillas, only sometimes hot dog buns. And this was my white family not my Mexican one no clue why they were the ones with the tortillas but I am thankful.

Anyway I wish I thought of charging eight dollars for a hot dog in a tortilla in Scottsdale. Then I could afford to visit Japan and eat Quiznos in Hawaii more regularly.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I've never had a hot dog in a tortilla but have eaten about fifty thousand sausage wraps

----------------

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

There's a Quiznos in my neighborhood that's somehow still opened. They are offering lobster subs which probably aren't real lobster and look like flesh-colored tater tots.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i looked at their national menu and was kinda shocked to see the sammies still on it, they're small flatbread sandwiches or lunchmeat tacos or w/e. it was the last thing i ever got at a quiznos in like 2002 and i thought they were a LTO

maybe that's the last time they updated the website

----------------

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I remember the Steakhouse Beef Dip being my go-to when there was a Quizno's near my college apartment.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
So reading the thread made me curious about how far I'd have to go for a Quizno's sub, only to discover there's not a single Quizno's left in the entire state of Kentucky.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Subway is bad too, but they beat Quiznos because they had a spokesperson that really connected with kids.

----------------

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think there was a Quiznos by my house but it shut down and is now a homeless camp? If this is still a running Quiznos is it a rarity? Should I do a trip report?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

I think there was a Quiznos by my house but it shut down and is now a homeless camp? If this is still a running Quiznos is it a rarity? Should I do a trip report?

that's the employee quarters

----------------

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I have one in our local hospital for some reason. I have never ate there and that's a real bad hospital. In fact my dad died there and I nearly have before too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://youtu.be/aZrks-BPeLQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

One hundred and Seventeen miles from a Quiznos what the HECK