Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

We snuck in at 3.75% before Ukraine really started loving poo poo up and I'm still pissed we didn't get something last year. We were concerned by my fiances contract work history and got spooked by a house we looked at on a lark selling the day it was listed. The other day I saw jumbo loan rates were lower than conventional lmao The puget sound is loving wack

If you're underpaid but have solid finances and maybe a dependent not generating income check to see if you have any Community Land Trusts in your area. They're income restricted permanently affordable houses with a lot of hoops to jump through but its a legit resource. The one in my area just builds new townhouses now https://www.villagegardenstownhomes.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

TenementFunster posted:

ultra-luxury ski towns are not a representative sample of life in idaho. besides, didn’t Mr. Holland’s Opus’s Son move there are immediately hate it because weather, lack of dining options, lack of events, etc.?

I believe he objected to how long his Amazon packages took to arrive

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

actionjackson lives in a condo which means it's gonna be more expensive bc of the increased risk. Shoot a nail in the wrong spot and you hit a water pipe and flood your downstairs neighbors condo, with no accessible water shutoff valve in reach. Plus it's a pain in the rear end to work in a condo,but mostly it's the increased risk.

this exact thing happened to my fiances's cousin. some electrician drilled into the sprinkler in her second story condo last year. she burned through her insurances housing allowance super quick which is why I doubled the default on mine.

the other day I remembered my old neighbor put his house up for sale for like 1.6 mil to get people to stop bothering him with unsolicited offers lol

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

How the hell is weed illegal in most of the Midwest? It's loving depressing rust belt all over. Most cities have steadily lost population for decades until recently. You need weed to stand that poo poo.

cops need it to harass minorities

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Paradoxish posted:

I've been watching homes in my neighborhood get this treatment for the better part of ten years now. This area wasn't particularly cheap to begin with, and almost all the houses flippers buy in this area are move-in ready. The playbook is almost always exactly the same: knock down a bunch of walls to create an open floorplan, tear up carpeting and replace it with LVP if there's not already hardwood in the home, install a bunch of midrange stainless steel appliances, and then spend way too much money on marketing. Every time. It's builder-grade renovations that drive homes out of reach for anyone who can't afford a $3-4k/mo mortgage.

The first house I looked at was a flip and it was exactly as lovely as I would expect one to be, including one of those long, modern, fake electric fireplaces on a WALL of tile. They'd also added lovely electric in-wall heaters to the garage so it would count as finished space in the square footage lol The second was a bank flip that was somehow worse lipstick on an uglier pig. gently caress I'm never doing this again unless scrooge mcduck shows up with a sack full of cash

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

downturns over

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Nothus posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4665-Roundtop-Rd-Ellijay-GA-30540/105264582_zpid/

The interior is boring except the crows nest appears to have an intercom.

30 years old was not on my bingo card.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Or you can be like Texas and take school property tax revenue from higher value counties (cities) and reallocate it to the suburbs. That way even when property values skyrocket, urban schools will remain underfunded.

I think Washington state did this too

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Is PMI only for conventional mortgages? Would a jumbo loan have it too?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Fitzy Fitz posted:

My city shot down an ADU proposal recently because they could be used for short-term rentals like AirBNBs. And yeah I loving hate those things, but I'd rather they go in someone's backyard than take up an entire house. (who am I kidding, we'd just have both)

ugh if only the city could do something about short term rentals and AirBNBs :( back to the drawing board

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

the street view car had to ford that river like it was the oregon trail

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Jenny Agutter posted:

do you have any more information about this? I had a weird experience a year or so ago where I booked a room for a work trip at a residence inn (mid level suite hotel with kitchenettes) and when I checked in they informed me that in two days they were closing and becoming apartments, I’ve been curious if that was a trend and why it happened at that point in time

Seattle metro cities and the county have been buying up hotels the last few years to use as shelters. Quicker and easier than building anything new

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

late to roundabout chat but this is a new set that just got built including that slip lane on the left lol
https://twitter.com/LakeStevensWA/status/1691825107017322966?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

saw this the other day lol