Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

australia and canada have been at the bottom of these kinds of lists for a decade, i would cut off my nuts for a <5x median multiple, so i guess what i'm saying is stop complaining? but also it sucks everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
yeah fair enough.

very funny that pittsburgh is the least unaffordable on that list

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
can you loving imagine houses priced at 2.7X the median income in your town? jesus christ. that would be like sub-$300k here, when they're actually over $1M

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

i am harry posted:

from 66 and live near 75 :cool:

heil from 88 :hitler:

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
cheapest interest rates in human history OP

a situation that will last forever, ah, excuse me *puts hand to earpiece*

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvt-kskIk3E

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i remember when i was poor. that sucked. luckily i'm very rich now. ok bye.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
is housing good anywhere in the world

like who's got a good housing market right now

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
within frogger distance of a lake

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i'll live in it. i'll take that bullet.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Pead posted:

well poo poo, did not expect to start the day filled with seething hate

lol noob

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
so australia has a huge housing investment culture. i think i did the math before, the average australian homeowner owns two homes.

right now rental vacancies are like 1% or 2%. prices are 'declining' but that's on almost no stock coming to market, there's certainly not a panic rush to sell.

but just recently some of the weaker investment hands are getting shaken out - i've seen a lot more smaller units/apartments coming on the market for reduced prices.

great, i though, maybe a chance to escape rental price jack hell and buy something extremely modest finally. rates are higher than they have been, but i'm going in with open eyes.

the problem is that these are getting immediately snapped up by richer investors at auction. went to an inspection on saturday and it was 95% grey hair. overheard one old guy talking to the agent, started out with "so we'd like to buy this place as an investment in our daughter's name..." i'm sure there's some convoluted tax dodge reason for that. or they're just collecting dwellings like they're funkopops.

anyway it's completely hosed and now it's just the very rich hoovering up the investments of the bandwagon investors, further consolidating ownership among fewer and fewer while doing jack poo poo for affordability, new dwelling supply, or rent reductions.

jack up mortgage rates to 15% and kill everyone instantly.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i was like 500k, sure it's gross but that's really cheap for that market

oh, 500K over the asking price.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

SideEffectShit posted:

ITT it's 2050 and we are living on the public sidewalk in front of our house

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004