Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We’re they dragging bodies back and forth across the carpet to the kitchen what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I want 6.9% because that’s the funny sex number

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I would hold off a little longer on buying a house because a little birdy told me there’s gonna be some fixer uppers at decent prices coming on the market in Florida soon

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

i say swears online posted:

I assume the US will equal Cuba's experience with this hurricane at zero deaths

A few deaths but like Katrina there will be a lot of “missing” people who will remain missing forever because you can’t sue over a loved one being killed by lovely infrastructure/government negalgence because they aren’t dead, just missing! A lot of inmates are gonna be listed as missing again, fyi

To put in perspective the official death count of Katrina is 1,836. There are still 705 people listed as missing because of Katrina today, nearly half the official death count

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 20:55 on Sep 29, 2022

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

shrike82 posted:

it's pretty funny that the US is one of the few places where the vast majority of mortgages are based on fixed interest rates

otherwise we'd get more stuff like this
https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1575547197483266048?s=20&t=PQE7hLIcYFy9lu8549T2Ug

Realistically if this happens and over 50% of people default on their loan in the UK what could really happen? I just don’t see the half the home owning population suddenly being homeless and if your average person witnesses that it turns out if enough people band together they can tell the banks to gently caress off we could get some amazing content

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I know it’s fortune so it’s written for other ghouls but :laffo: at thinking any normal person today with how hosed housing is would feel anything for assholes who buy up homes as investments to drive up costs

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

A full appliance having kitchen is typically a selling point plus a reason for a higher selling price. Every single one being non-functioning means the seller went to a junkyard and bought them to trick people. That poo poo should be treated as fraud

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Oh, that hurts. That was a pretty house.

Yes but now the new one looks like it’s right out of an HGTV episode isn’t that what you want? Gonna guess there’s some weird floating barn doors and a “wood accent wall” in the living room and/or master bedroom in each

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

That sure is a lot of words to say “I’m a leech on society, suck suck suck”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yes, I do all my shopping at Pier One Imports and Restoration Hardware. How’s you know?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Palladium posted:

imagine what happens to the economy if people aren't bad at money

It is really funny (and depressing) how much poo poo is propped up by keeping people’s understanding of personal finance as low as possible

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I much prefer this to the loving HGTV “everything must be a shade of beige because RESELL VALUE” that has sucked out any personality from homes. Like gently caress you live there, go wild and decorate it as you want instead of a hypothetical investment for an imagined buyer

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So this is either a gas main break or some insane person making explosives in their basement, right?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Good and awesome they’re continued to be allowed in business

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My only dream house is a small sea cottage on top of some cliffs overlooking the New England Atlantic so I can be an ocean hermit and die alone thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So basically sell your property to us for the honor of becoming our easily abused renter. Fantastic :laffo: good healthy country