Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
FRIDAY
Panthers vs. Generals - 8PM (USA)

SATURDAY
Maulers vs. Stars - Noon (Fox)
Stallions vs. Gamblers - 7PM (FS1)

SUNDAY
Breakers vs. Bandits - 3PM (NBC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Jeff Fisher being the opening shot sure is....something

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think I got New Jersey in this one. They looked pretty good week 1.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Watching a week two USFL game and posting in this thread has to be one of the most degenerate things I've ever done

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

surf rock posted:

Watching a week two USFL game and posting in this thread has to be one of the most degenerate things I've ever done

I attended the inaugural Birmingham Iron AAF game.

I bought a $200 Starter jacket.

.....and a Trent Richardson jersey

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Shea Patterson is so loving bad

THE #1 OVERALL PICK EVERYBODY

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

surf rock posted:

Why does every throw of his look like he's trying to delicately place a glass of water on a table?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Yo, Spring Football is cool and I’m here for it.
My my, a Jeff Fisher team pounding the rock, is it 1999?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

surf rock posted:

The man literally cannot throw a pass that doesn't skip at the receivers feet. Even if they're wide open and only five yards deep. Like just throw the ball dude. At the guy. It's like he's so scared of getting picked that he just throws everything at the ground

e: oh poo poo that's the QB from last chance u

Play fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 23, 2022

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Ooh, Darrius Shepherd. Packers UDFA from a couple of years ago.

edit: the best innovation from the USFL is literally hearing the conversation between the booth and the ref during reviews

surf rock fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 23, 2022

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Hope this guy is OK. I missed what happened

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Wonder what the medical support policy is for USFL players. They are already paying these guys peanuts what's the chance they keep paying them for an injury that is guaranteed to make them miss the rest of the season.

Blood for the blood god.

Also Joey Magnifico is a loving insanely good name

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fyallm posted:

Hope this guy is OK. I missed what happened
Yeah, me too. loving sucks when that happens.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Holy hell Patterson he was SO OPEN

Play
Apr 25, 2006

oh my god patterson sucks so bad, this is almost impossible to watch. league desperately needs better QB play, the AAF was way better to watch than this

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Play posted:

oh my god patterson sucks so bad, this is almost impossible to watch. league desperately needs better QB play, the AAF was way better to watch than this
Yeah, but the “best” AAF QBs are NFL back-ups now.
This may actually be the league for Jeff Fisher!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Play posted:

Luis Perez was a mid-grade AAF QB and he is currently starting for NJ

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Yeah, but the “best” AAF QBs are NFL back-ups now.
This may actually be the league for Jeff Fisher!

That's true, the AAF had some legitimate talent there. John Wolford, Garret Gilbert, and Logan Woodside I remember being the better ones. Josh Johnson and Luis Perez were also okay. Most of those guys are NFL backups now.

That being said I refuse to believe that the college ranks don't have anything better to offer, not to mention free agent NFL QBs who aren't likely to get back in to the league, failed NFL backups, etc. There just has to be.

GD_American posted:

Luis Perez was a mid-grade AAF QB and he is currently starting for NJ

Yeah and he's probably top 2 or 3 easily in terms of what we've seen so far. According to a human interest story earlier in the broadcast he taught himself how to play quarterback with youtube videos, that's what we're dealing with here.

Hope the offense start to find their footing a bit but the defense are likely to get better too and so far they seem to clearly have the upper hand. The very first game last week was really the only one where there was an amount of offense which made the game engaging to watch.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I just remembered Christian Hackenburg washing out of the AAF and laughed. :allears:

It’s kind of looking like the USFL didn’t get enough time in the oven. The offenses lack chemistry and all seem to be running really basic poo poo, because they didn’t have enough prep time for anything else. Hopefully it survives the year, but these things never seem to.

And also as bad as the QBs are, the kickers are so much worse :lol:

Edit: Prepare for Shea Patterson helming a 5-minute offense!

Kurgarra Queen fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 23, 2022

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
:holymoley:
Shea Patterson converted a 4th&20!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Prevent defense prevents wins

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fyallm posted:

Prevent defense prevents wins
Not as well as throwing to your wide receiver who is out of bounds!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

It's funny that both Michigan games have featured an absolutely garbage Patterson take advantage of prevent defenses to threaten a game-winning drive, only to collapse.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I just remembered Christian Hackenburg washing out of the AAF and laughed. :allears:

It’s kind of looking like the USFL didn’t get enough time in the oven. The offenses lack chemistry and all seem to be running really basic poo poo, because they didn’t have enough prep time for anything else. Hopefully it survives the year, but these things never seem to.

And also as bad as the QBs are, the kickers are so much worse :lol:

Edit: Prepare for Shea Patterson helming a 5-minute offense!

I'm not even a big college football fan, I hardly watch it at all, but at this point college football is inarguably like 500% better than this. The offenses are doing very simple things, which is fine, they only had three weeks to prepare so it's expected. But the execution also sucks and the QBs are playing badly. And when your QBs can't even throw five yard outs correctly your playcalling gets even more conservative by necessity. Some coach should just funsling it out there and see what happens.

But you're right too, plenty of failure to go around. Terrible kicking, bad punting, receivers dropping passes, etc.

And I'm the degenerate watching it. Oh well, hopefully things improve with time

:holymoley:
Shea Patterson converted a 4th&20!

I was gonna make a joke about Shea Patterson and leaving a clean pocket in order to take sack: name a more iconic duo but then he actually made two incredibly unlikely throws on the run

I'm pretty sure he like tripled or quadrupled his passing yards for the game on that final drive lol

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Not as well as throwing to your wide receiver who is out of bounds!

Touche friend touche

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Play posted:

I'm not even a big college football fan, I hardly watch it at all, but at this point college football is inarguably like 500% better than this. The offenses are doing very simple things, which is fine, they only had three weeks to prepare so it's expected. But the execution also sucks and the QBs are playing badly. And when your QBs can't even throw five yard outs correctly your playcalling gets even more conservative by necessity. Some coach should just funsling it out there and see what happens.

But you're right too, plenty of failure to go around. Terrible kicking, bad punting, receivers dropping passes, etc.

And I'm the degenerate watching it. Oh well, hopefully things improve with time
We're all degenerates here, friend. Going to put the Saturday games on while I clean. I just really want Spring football.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I really think if they just moved I-AA to Saturdays I'd be happy. I can cheer for USA/Bama in the fall and Alabama State in the spring.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gotta keep my thumb up their rear end

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The offenses are in last week’s form already, I see.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Woah, the Stars uniforms are impressively garish.

E: Ah hahaha, the stiff arm to throw himself backwards a yard from the first down line, then fumbling the ball as he tries to dive for it. This rules.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

My kingdom for a first down

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
This is my first taste of USFL and so far it’s

Not good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

How dare you hate on all this glorious linebacking.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
If the QB hits the drone it should be worth 1 point and you continue the possession

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"looking for their first touchdown of the season".

Oh

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Whoa that play looked like real football

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh my god that pass.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Oh come on just give them the pick

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Are there sideline photographers shooting on phones?

Lol yes

This league should be 1 foot inbounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I hope Pittsburgh never scores a touchdown