Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I did a bunch of AI art using Bing for an RPG I made earlier this year, when it was running on Dall-E 2. It was decent enough with some really good stuff, but I had to do a lot of culling - maybe 1 image out of 10 generated was useable. Came back to Bing last week to make something else, and was blown away by the difference Dall-E 3 makes. :stare:

1980s Cannon movies that didn't exist but should have (my text):

Guess the old PlayStation 1 game:

Fear Effect 2, with Hana, Rain and the Planner
(Ironically the first game's remake just got cancelled, but since they turned it into a cover shooter in TYOOL 2023, that's not really surprising.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I spent a stupid amount of time trying to fine-tune Bing's prompts for basically "what if Judge Dredd, but a woman?" only to discover that "dredd" is now an actual prompt. (Which usually gives you a weird mix of the comic uniform and the Stallone movie helmet, but meh.)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

axolotl farmer posted:

I was trying to get some classic works of art as interpreted by inept children. Instead I got boobs in a new age style.

The filter just let these through?
I asked Bing to draw me a scene of a party in a palace, and in one option all the women were topless. I know royals like a bit of debauchery, but still...

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Is there any way to force Bing to do full-length images of people? I'm trying to get people walking some distance from the camera, but it insists on doing closeups (mid-thigh upwards if I'm lucky). I've tried "long shot", "distant", even different lens types, but it almost always comes in too close.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

mcbexx posted:

Haven't tried Bing, but usually "full body shot" does the trick.
You'd think...

Although I did eventually (sometimes) get the result I wanted by using the brush icon in Bing Chat to clear the conversation after each prompt, which seems to force a reset of sorts and get it out of its one-track mind. (I had one batch where despite the prompt beginning "night" every result was in broad daylight until I cleared the thread.)

Edit: my contribution to the 'Batman is unhappy with his fast food' theme - Bing, prompt "realistic,dramatic angle,action,enraged bat-themed superhero furiously stamps on a disappointing burger,splattering ketchup,grimy nyc alley"

Edit edit: he doesn't like his milkshake either.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 6, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Lol, got a one hour probe from Bing for 'content violations' despite it having happily churned out dozens of images from all but identical prompts earlier. Don't know if this is a case of cumulative frowns adding up, or one altered word making it throw a fit. (I was creating a scene where I wanted to change the pose of someone's legs, FWIW.)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Lamebot posted:

I've noticed if you don't get stopped right at submission if the algorithm figures out halfway your prompt may be problematic it'll throw the blowfish error at you.
There have definitely been cases with my prompts where Bing Chat has waffled and given me a "too busy, try again later" or blowfish where doing it via BIC in Firefox or whatever would straight-up give a content warning (I use the prompt "trans" a lot), but very slightly changing the prompt puts it through immediately.

Just wish there was a transparent way to ask "Okay, why did you have a problem with that? Especially when a 99% identical prompt was accepted with no trouble."

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Getting irked with Bing because completely innocuous prompts (like people singing karaoke in a pub or someone standing in the Italian countryside) are getting the dog-with-dropped-egg unsafe warning maybe two times out of three. I'm wondering if because I got probed yesterday that it's being ultra picky about content.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Just worked out that on a basis of my saving an average of two images per prompt (probably less than that, but whatever) and an alleged price per Dall-E credit of $0.13, over the past two weeks or so I've cost Microsoft at least $216.12. :laffo: Makes up for paying for my Office 365 subscription.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Is Bing completely down for anyone else? I haven't managed to get it to generate anything for about half the day now. (I tried as I was writing this and thought it had started working again, but then I got the "high demand" blowfish, and when I double-clicked on the sidebar to see if it was making any progress I got 'prompt blocked'. Seriously? For "xenomorph bursting out of person-shaped birthday cake"?)

Edit: got it working again, briefly. The only prompt it generated four pics of was "cute dachshund puppy in pedal car", so even though none of my other prompts had anything even vaguely problematic in them, it's still being overzealous in culling them.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 7, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

you can't generate a female character, that would be sexist

but you can generate hyper realistic gore of a animal exploding
I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes when at the tail end of doing some pics of Matrix-style people spin-kicking the heads off robots, I put in "bloody sunset" as a prompt to get a cool lighting effect, and instead my ersatz Trinity kicked this poor little robot in the face with a massive splattery geyser of gore worthy of Sam Peckinpah or Paul Verhoeven. gently caress you, Asimo!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
What the gently caress, Bing? I make over a dozen pictures from one prompt (a - fully-clothed - woman on a yacht in Monaco) with no trouble, then change the colour of her outfit from black to pink and immediately get hit with a 24-hour suspension? :wtc:

Edit: now wondering what the hell DE3 was trained on to get a reaction from MS like that.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 8, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

The Sausages posted:

Despite being careful to stay within the guidelines while aiming for creative portraits I've also been permabanned as a third strike after the 1-hour and 24-hour bans :( I'm guessing the appeals don't get checked ever and it's probably not a good idea to try skirt around it with throwaway account on the same device.
Well, balls. That means I'm on my second strike (and for the most trivial change to a prompt too). Oh well, time to look into something I can run on my computer while I'm working for anything that might get caught by the ridiculous prudery filters on Bing. The funny thing is, at other times it happily made me mildly NSFW stuff either with clever prompt phrasing, or entirely by accident when I didn't want it.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Welp, the Bing banhammer just dropped on me, again for :wtc: reasons. I was making a funny out-of-context pic of a fantasy demon-hunting woman and a demon carrying his groceries at a bus stop, which I made a few days ago with no trouble - I'd saved the prompt in a text file so pasted it in. This time, though, something kept triggering the content warning, and after a few attempts to get around the problem I got permanently suspended. I've appealed, so we'll see what happens. (I also mentioned getting a 24-hour probe for changing a clothing colour from black to pink.)

But the content filters have gone loving batshit now. I was doing a cyberpunk cop; "body armour with police markings", no problem. "Body armour with yellow police markings"? Nuh-uh. Another fantasy warrior woman, with "battered" armour - absolutely not. Change it to "scuffed" armour and through it goes. It's almost like the Scunthorpe problem, even in 2023 - context in the prompts is being ignored and it just seems to be 'do two particular words which in combination may be problematic appear, y/n', like "battered" and "woman". (Despite this I still got an unrequested bare rear end in a pic of 'two trans women jumping for joy at the top of a grassy hill' - like, what the hell?)

Anyway, here's some stuff I managed to make before being banned.

'psychedic happy dogs flying in a circle around a smiling sun'

'realistic,old polaroid/110 film,goths enjoying themselves at a goth club,1980s'

'realistic humanoid octopus wearing heavy metal t-shirt eating burger in a messy kitchen'

A couple of 2000AD characters: Joe Pineapples and attempts at Judge Death. "The crime isss lettucccccce... the ssssentenccce isss DEATH!" (I couldn't get the portcullis visor on his helmet no matter what prompts I tried. :smith: )

Various xenomorphs 'slimy alien monsters in the style of hr giger':

xenomorph 'slimy alien monster in the style of hr giger' on a smoke break:

(I was trying to get him to sneak up on a Brett-type character having a smoke, but...)

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 9, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Gawr Gooner posted:

So idk if any MS employees are browsing this thread but the ban status is tied to your Bing account search history, which you are able to manually clear in the account dashboard.
Holy poo poo, it works. :stare: So I got banned for clown reasons, and unbanned myself because of their clown security. What a bunch of clowns.

Edit: and Bing is being as arbitrary as ever with its definition of unsafe content. "photorealistic,slimy eyeless alien xenomorph monster in style of hr giger,wearing tuxedo and top hat & holding an elegant cane,tap dancing on stage of Victorian theater" - no problem, but the seats are all empty. "photorealistic,slimy eyeless alien xenomorph monster in style of hr giger,wearing tuxedo and top hat & holding an elegant cane,tap dancing on stage of crowded Victorian theater" - egg dog.

Edit edit: you can't say "747" without getting the egg dog, you have to say "jumbo jet" (made of spaghetti). And "walking across Abbey Road zebra crossing" with everything else from a successful prompt staying the same gets you a "keep this poo poo up and you'll be suspended" warning. :wtc:

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 11, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Found as a job lot on eBay: 'colour,polaroid,autographed behind the scenes photos of the world's least funny 1990s sitcom'.

(I initially put 'world's most depressing sitcom', which got me an instant one-hour suspension from Bing. After I used the trick to remove it, I found my boosts had been refreshed as well. :v: )

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I had a run of Bing images where all the people came out as uncanny valley CGI-looking mannequins, which I found could be fixed by making the first prompt either 'polaroid' or '110 film', which forced it to produce photorealistic results with actual humans. (Though '126 film' and '35mm film' for some reason got the unsafe content warning, even using the exact same prompts as with the other film formats. Maybe I should have tried Imax. :iiam: )

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

axolotl farmer posted:

Bing's unsafe warnings are all over the place.
No kidding.

(I suppose technically it gave me a picture of a dog...)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

TIP posted:

you're right, I retried some things that failed repeatedly yesterday and they actually worked today first try

I'm finding the opposite - I'm getting quite pissed off at pasting in a previously used prompt and then having to play "guess which one word Bing has now decided is unsafe" multiple times before it will produce anything but the egg dog. :argh:

Did make some decent xenomorphs in weird alien environments, but even then it would sometimes object to another run with the exact same prompt!

Edit: it must have been trained on Rob Liefeld pictures, because it's doing everything possible to avoid drawing feet. Full length, full figure, long shot, whole body in frame, standing on a rug - nope, you'll get people framed from the knees up and like it!

Edit edit: tried to put a xeno on the surface of Venus, then on "the second planet of the solar system" - got the 'content warning, you could be suspended' alert both times. :rolleyes:

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Oct 13, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Xenos in strange alien (ahem) environments.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Various Batsmen:

(It did a pretty good Brian Bolland on that last one.)

Prompt was 'batman pours jar of pickled onions over the penguin's head'. Well...

'knockoff star trek toys on a shelf in a store'

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Movie posters in the style of Soviet propaganda (click to embiggen):

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Anyone who's used Bing Image Creator for more than five minutes will know this capricious little bastard and wish him nothing but ill.

gently caress. YOU.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Tarkus posted:

Yeah, the bing one is a loving puritan. I use the GPT one. It still has rules but they seem looser and it'll still give the images that made it past the clergy.
Incidentally, because BIC seems to be down tonight I used it via the Bing Chat AI, and it's become suspiciously toned-down - the chatbot now refuses to make anything photorealistic and defaults to an obvious CGI look for both places and people. The prompt 'trans woman wearing [cute outfit] dancing with woman (who is her wife) wearing same outfit" also changed on processing to '...dancing with friends'. That's not what I asked for, motherfucker!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I now clear my search history whenever Bing starts grinding to a halt or showing the blowfish (it makes images again, and also restocks my boosts) and saw the pictures in my most-recents sidebar are increasingly old - I just got a bunch from about four months ago, when it was still running on Dall-E 2. Is there any way to see your entire past timeline? MS are clearly keeping everything you create.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
"Hey, Jack, I found this great location for the goth photoshoot, a big empty convention center or something with a really weird vibe. Should look amazing! If I'm lucky we'll be able to take plenty of shots before it starts getting dark. I'll tell you how it went when I get back."

[The models returned home safely, but the photographer's camera and equipment were found by police in his car outside the building two days later. He was never seen again.]

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 16, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

animal versions of movies go!!!

Where Eagles Dare

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Microsoft keeps plugging workarounds that allegedly worked just a few days ago - I got a one-hour suspension for trying 'person resembling donald trump eating a messy burger', lol.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

TIP posted:

delete your Bing account history and it will go away
Oh, I know - that's one workaround I'm wondering how long it will take for them to block!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Brawnfire posted:

Bing has told me it's "unable to create right now" for two days now

Grumblefrumble
The 'delete your search history' trick usually works for that as well. And you'll get 25 free boosts!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

XYZAB posted:

I asked for "flintlock pistol" and "vietnam era service rifle" and it delivered no problem, but yeah, "gun" got me eggdogged.
Using 'scifi sniper rifle' (in conjunction with 'still from action movie' as the first prompt) gave me a lot of slightly mutated tacticlol Barretts and EBRs, so I guess it was trained on CoD.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Tarkus posted:

One thing I would say it wasn't trained on was video game screen shots. I've tried to get N64/PS1/Old Dos looking stuff but the best it can do is some artsy version of pixel art.
This was the best I got for a PS1 Reservoir Dogs game, with an awful lot of prompt tweaking:

Slightly more luck with 'super nintendo platform game by ocean software based on the movie reservoir dogs':

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I think you get the eggdog if it produces an image that's been generated using an element that MS has decided is tagged as 'unsafe' (even if there was nothing in your prompt that you'd think would be), and it catches it before displaying - if all four in a run are caught, you get egged. I was using BIC on my phone yesterday when it was running slow, and for a split-second four images would flash up before being culled down to less. I've often found that you can send an eggdogged prompt again and it'll deliver something, so maybe it worked from a similar but non-tagged element.

If you have something in your prompt that's prohibited it gets pissy almost immediately, so it probably doesn't even pass it on from Bing to Dall-E.

It's all potluck, though. I've had images giving me unrequested bare butts and breasts, nip-slips, blood and gore...

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Hi Bing, can I have some no eggdog nightmarish but also oddly amusing pictures of people eating food that is too spicy for them, k thx? :keke:

(maybe NSFW)

(Prompt: 'photo/cinematic,ordinary people with flames gushing from their eyes and mouth,eating [whatever wherever]')

Edit: wow, after putting these and many more through with no trouble whatsoever, I got eggdogged every time for a progression of prompts that ended with 'alien dog sitting in armchair', 'dog sitting in armchair' and finally 'dog'. And yes, I spelled 'sitting' right.
Edit edit: cleared my search history, but every single prompt I try gets eggdogged. WTF?

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 20, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Bored posted:

Yeah, mine is also eggdogging me on completely safe image descriptions.

Edit: seriously. How is “Frankenstein hold a blue-smoke cat at nighttime in the style of Calvin and Hobbes” NSW?
The weird thing is that if I use Edge it works, but I get an eggdog every single time in Firefox. Will have to try it in Safari on my phone (where it worked earlier) to see if MS are doing something browser-specific.

Edit: very hmm. In both Firefox (desktop) and Safari (phone) prompts were being either eggdogged or just not sending, but when I looked back at BIC in Edge they'd generated and were in the sidebar. Hmm.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 20, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

pixaal posted:

It is, you clear your search history in bing and it clears the eggdog ban
I tried it, but this time it didn't stop the eggdog. Still no problems in Edge, though!

So I kept using Edge to add more and more ridiculous stuff to my 'people eating food that's too spicy for them' prompt to see how far I could take it before Bing gave me the eggdog or even a content warning, and it just... didn't. :haw:

(NSFW)

The prompt was 'cinematic,action,dramatic angle,dismayed gasping flailing people with heads wreathed in spraying flames & flaming sauce from eyes & mouths eating spaghetti with raw red peppers and knocking over tables with plates & cutlery flying everywhere,italian restaurant' if anyone's wondering.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Variations on 'a city of impossible mobius strip geometries curving and warping around on itself in infinite recursion'.

(I tried my hardest to make Bing mess with gravity so I could have people walking on every surface at whatever angle, but I guess it couldn't grasp the concept.)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
A dumb joke from my childhood finally becomes fake-real: the justly forgotten yet unaccountably long-running cop show, Hodgson & Tooler!

Beginning in the mid-70s in the wake of tough-cop movies and shows like Dirty Harry, Kojak, Starsky & Hutch and Mitchell, Hodgson & Tooler starred Lance Clinntock and Debbie MacCue as the titular mismatched police officers. Executive meddling and Clinntock's limited acting ability and numerous substance addictions saw the show swing wildly in tone; a running joke in Hollywood was that there was not a new bandwagon that the show wouldn't leap upon from week to week. But for some reason, possibly MacCue's satin wardrobe which made her the fourth most popular pin-up in America in both 1975 and '77, it was popular enough to be renewed season after season. (MacCue hated her costumes and the overt sexualization of her character, but was trapped on the show due to an expired work visa; she was actually Australian and had to adopt a fake Arkansas accent for the entire run to avoid the attention of the INS.)

As the show continued into the 1980s, it lost all sight of its originally intended gritty tone and instead stole cues from other (more) popular shows like Knight Rider, Miami Vice and Remington Steele. It was in this period that its most notorious episode aired: 'A Million Magic Crystals' saw Hodgson and Tooler trapped in a booby-trapped drugs warehouse, forcing Hodgson to consume two full kilos of pure cocaine to deactivate a time-bomb. Clinntock, at the height of his narcotics addiction, eagerly performed the action as required, but was unaware that the cocaine in the scene was fake and was hospitalized for two weeks with flour-clogged nasal passages.

The success of Moonlighting brought a hurried revamp for the show, cranking up the sexual tension between Hodgson and Tooler to a level that even the talented yet under-utilized MacCue, who loathed Clinntock with the intensity of a thousand blazing suns, could not successfully carry off. It was during this period, when the producers were desperately throwing in every gimmick imaginable to maintain audience interest (pro wrestling! Beach patrol! Vampires!), that a guest appearance by up-and-coming underground comedian 'Eager' Beaver Pippin as a fast-talking alien proved popular enough to bring about the show's final incarnation...

The final half-season before cancellation saw the leads transported into the future by a magical amulet to continue their work in a new milieu, the show being retitled Hodgson & Tooler: Space Cops. However, this was a shift too far even for the dwindling remaining viewers, and plunging ratings saw it brought to an abrupt end. The final episode shot was never broadcast due to a copyright infringement lawsuit by 20th Century Fox, after which all film, negatives, scripts and props connected to it were incinerated; only a single Polaroid taken by a studio visitor survives.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Good Sphere posted:

code:
giant cube where the interior and exterior is a maze made out of indoor swimming pools, tubes, slides, and semi-transparent rooms made out of epoxy

I love these.

:haw: I was trying to recreate a scene from an old game and Bing wasn't having it because there was a wounded person in it. So I changed the prompt to 'an actor pretending to be injured covered in fake blood', and through it went!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

KakerMix posted:

Don't forget the PC game that came out way too late:

:vince:

Maybe I should do Hodgson & Tooler: The Next Generation!