Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I'm writing this thread like 6 years after the fact...but I was just talkin to a homie and it reminded me of a thing that happened when I got my wisdom teeth removed (also dont wait if your dentist says they need to be removed. if you have the $, do it).

So back in 2016 I got all 4 wisdoms removed after they impacted my other teeth and the pain became unbearable. First time getting put under general anesthesia too. I woke up, thought I was real slick by recording my surgeon's instructions on my iPhone voice recorder app, then forgot because I was still under the haze of anesthesia. Then my college roommate drove me home. I played Mount and Blade Warband for half an hour, chugged a glass of water, threw all of it up, then went to sleep. Later that day I picked up my antibiotics from the pharmacy and realized they were basically horse pills. Even on good days I have trouble swallowing large pills, so having a slightly damaged mouth made the whole ordeal impossible. I managed to get one down my gullet the first day, then stopped because the rest weren't goin down. About a week later I noticed that I had a salty taste in my mouth constantly. Before long I noticed that if I pressed my with my fingers, right in the swollen pockets where my wisdom teeth once were, semi-clear whitish fluid would flow out. I figured this might be a temporary thing, but it kept going on for a week or so. It was also pretty unpleasant and constant, but midterms were going on at this time and my own biology had to wait. At some point I also started sweating profusely while sleeping.

With midterms behind me and this weird goo in my mouth still, I called the surgeon and they had me go over for a debridement, which is just a fancy way of sayin they're going to remove the dead skin and the infection. Unlike the first procedure, I wouldn't be put under general anesthesia, but just a localized numbing. Almost all the pain was blocked luckily, but I could still feel them with their scalpels going back into the partially healed, partially infected holes and scraping stuff out. Looking back, I don't know how i didn't flip out while that procedure was happening. Makes my skin crawl as im typing this. After this procedure, they gave me another slip to take to the pharmacy for antibiotics. They told me to take them for reals this time, and I told them I had trouble swallowing pills. They told me I could go to the pharmacy and get a liquid version of antibiotics instead. Upon going to CVS, I asked the lady to give me the actually pleasant-tasting pink goo antibiotics instead of the pills. She gave me a look and asked me what was so hard about pills, which didn't seem like her business, but she did it for me anyways. I took my antibiotics, the infection cleared, my holes closed, and now im normal again.

don't be like me, take your antibiotics, in pill form or otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
No pics?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

buglord posted:

I played Mount and Blade Warband

hell yeah

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Even if I wanted to I don’t know how I could have gotten some. I do have some crazy before/after where my face goes from regular to intensely swollen like a chipmunk but I can’t share those

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i had my wisdom teeth removed when i was a teenager, and a couple days later i went to one of those all day admission arcade places and remember chewing the stitches out of two of the sockets because they had an annoying strand that stuck out far enough for me to pull on it by biting down with my molars. i was playing one of those dirt rally race games with the four steering wheels when the stitching came out. looking back, the game wasn't very fun, but also there was never a line for it and you could just sit down and play and zone out (and chew out your stitches i guess).

nothing bad happened, so i guess it worked out in the end and everyone should chew their stitches out instead of going back to the doctor.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

buglord posted:

I'm writing this thread like 6 years after the fact...but I was just talkin to a homie and it reminded me of a thing that happened when I got my wisdom teeth removed (also dont wait if your dentist says they need to be removed. if you have the $, do it).

So back in 2016 I got all 4 wisdoms removed after they impacted my other teeth and the pain became unbearable. First time getting put under general anesthesia too. I woke up, thought I was real slick by recording my surgeon's instructions on my iPhone voice recorder app, then forgot because I was still under the haze of anesthesia. Then my college roommate drove me home. I played Mount and Blade Warband for half an hour, chugged a glass of water, threw all of it up, then went to sleep. Later that day I picked up my antibiotics from the pharmacy and realized they were basically horse pills. Even on good days I have trouble swallowing large pills, so having a slightly damaged mouth made the whole ordeal impossible. I managed to get one down my gullet the first day, then stopped because the rest weren't goin down. About a week later I noticed that I had a salty taste in my mouth constantly. Before long I noticed that if I pressed my with my fingers, right in the swollen pockets where my wisdom teeth once were, semi-clear whitish fluid would flow out. I figured this might be a temporary thing, but it kept going on for a week or so. It was also pretty unpleasant and constant, but midterms were going on at this time and my own biology had to wait. At some point I also started sweating profusely while sleeping.

With midterms behind me and this weird goo in my mouth still, I called the surgeon and they had me go over for a debridement, which is just a fancy way of sayin they're going to remove the dead skin and the infection. Unlike the first procedure, I wouldn't be put under general anesthesia, but just a localized numbing. Almost all the pain was blocked luckily, but I could still feel them with their scalpels going back into the partially healed, partially infected holes and scraping stuff out. Looking back, I don't know how i didn't flip out while that procedure was happening. Makes my skin crawl as im typing this. After this procedure, they gave me another slip to take to the pharmacy for antibiotics. They told me to take them for reals this time, and I told them I had trouble swallowing pills. They told me I could go to the pharmacy and get a liquid version of antibiotics instead. Upon going to CVS, I asked the lady to give me the actually pleasant-tasting pink goo antibiotics instead of the pills. She gave me a look and asked me what was so hard about pills, which didn't seem like her business, but she did it for me anyways. I took my antibiotics, the infection cleared, my holes closed, and now im normal again.

don't be like me, take your antibiotics, in pill form or otherwise.

unsure what to do with this tale but summarize it

a grown adult cant handle pills, pharm tech gives them bubblegum Amoxicillin like you got when you had ear infections at 7 years old. spins it as a cautionary story but doesnt realize that anyone who needed this particular advice probably cant read

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I would have simply crushed and snorted the horse amoxi, or perhaps boof it

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I was on antibiotics last week after what we think was an ingrown hair that got infected in my knee and they made me lose 5lbs and pee out of my butt.

My knee got better though.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

unsure what to do with this tale but summarize it

a grown adult cant handle pills, pharm tech gives them bubblegum Amoxicillin like you got when you had ear infections at 7 years old. spins it as a cautionary story but doesnt realize that anyone who needed this particular advice probably cant read

Look pal if I can prevent at least one other GBS reader from suffering my fate

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I never got put under for my Wisdom teeth. I was a wake when the dentist was there trying to break part of my jaw.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'll do whatever I damb well please "superstraight" buglord

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

so what you're saying is they took your wisdom teeth out so now you're not wise enough to take the pills when you're told to?

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I never got put under for my Wisdom teeth. I was a wake when the dentist was there trying to break part of my jaw.

They had to cut one of mine in half with a tiny circular saw and take it out in two pieces.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you know, everybody at my ophthalmologist's office seemed extremely impressed that I followed the aftercare instructions. I wondered about that. twice during follow-up appointments I was told that I was the best patient all day, and apparently I was the only person ever to notice that one summary of post-procedure instructions said to take valacyclovir (keeps the dormant chicken pox (or other herpes) virus from spreading to your exposed cornea) for two weeks, and another said for 10 days
to me, I was just making sure that I understood and followed the instructions that the doctor who performed surgery on my eyes gave me, because I didn't want to lose my eyes. it seemed the natural thing to do
but apparently, not just a few but most patients have kind of a "jesus take the wheel" mentality when it comes to... keeping their eyeballs
but like... jesus doesn't need to take the wheel... your doctor gave you prednisolone...

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

i don't remember where i first heard it but the trick to pills is to tuck your your chin down to your clavicle, like you're looking down or something. looking up while trying to swallow them actually just makes it harder.

i used to not be able to swallow pills unless they were tiny but now i can dose a huge fish oil capsule as big as a mike and ike in one shot easily

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
For my wisdom teeth they asked if I wanted to go all the way under for anesthesia, and I was like gently caress no. I’m not going to be all knocked out while the doctors take turns sticking their fingers up my butt and putting their dicks in my mouth.

I went with “conscious sedation” and it was great. I was awake but I was pretty out if it. They hooked the IV into me and a heart rate monitor. And I convinced I wouldn’t be able to stop thinking about the needle in my arm or hearing my heartbeat going up and down with anxiety.

Then ten seconds later I wasn’t even aware of either. I was laying back and the doctor was jabbing me with Novocain. Then there was just a bunch of twisting and crunching. I didn’t feel a thing and I feel like I was in and out in ten minutes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I took my antibiotics and followed the aftercare instructions to a tee and still got dry sockets in three out of four extractions. General anesthesia for the original surgery but just novocaine for the dry sockets as they popped the stitches out, cleaned, then repacked em full of medicated gauze and re-stitched. Then again the next week and again the week after.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Are we just gonna gloss over the OP jizzing out of their mouth?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm so rich i had the dentist remove all my teeth.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Are we just gonna gloss over the OP jizzing out of their mouth?

probly swallowed so much jizz (not in pill form) that it has no where else to go

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
when i got my wisdom teeth removed my mom stole all the Vicodin and even got a refill and told me to stop whining about how much it hurt lol

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

the lesson is get your wisdom teeth taken out while you're young: firstly because they're easier to remove that way and secondly so you're still under an adult's supervision to make you take your drat meds

although my mom said when my brother had his taken out like 25 years ago, my dad took his vicodin so caveat emptor and all that i guess

e: lmfao synergy with the above post

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
When I had my wisdom teeth taken out I learned it was allergic to Vicodin so that was fun!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm gonna have children now so I can steal their Vicodin.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Dry Socket

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
No poo poo OP. Also don't rip them out of your head like goon Hollismason did.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I have never disregarded the instructions given to me by healthcare providers after a major surgery, op.

ABCG
May 12, 2020

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

For my wisdom teeth they asked if I wanted to go all the way under for anesthesia, and I was like gently caress no. I’m not going to be all knocked out while the doctors take turns sticking their fingers up my butt and putting their dicks in my mouth.

lol conscious krew checking in

i always ask for a mirror so i can see exactly where and how deep they are drilling etc and basically see how long it’s going to take, they always seem to have a mirror too

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My dentist (some guy) had to drat near dry hump my lap trying to apply pressure to chisel out my wisdoms(I'm tall). I still had one that's impacted but they want to cut open my jaw and charge me 2 grand to do it so gently caress that, I'll get the ER to do it when its life threatening.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ABCG posted:

lol conscious krew checking in

i always ask for a mirror so i can see exactly where and how deep they are drilling etc and basically see how long it’s going to take, they always seem to have a mirror too

I didn't get the option, they put me all the way under because they had to cut mine out of the jaw before they could root.

The consequences of not doing that when I did would have been losing all of my molars because of my giant loving horse teeth.

It was a god drat miserable recovery. I had that one at 14 and my shoulder rebuild at 17, and tbqh the wisdom teeth were almost on-par with the shoulder rebuild as far as pure, unadulterated misery.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

OMFG FURRY posted:

when i got my wisdom teeth removed my mom stole all the Vicodin and even got a refill and told me to stop whining about how much it hurt lol

Lmao

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
When I had mine done only one got infected and I went to get it checked out after I spat out all this pus

The guy sat me in the chair and took a look, said "yeah looks a bit -" then he leaned on the side of my face with his hand and I felt all this gunk shoot out of it into my mouth

It was the grossest and most painful experience of my life

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

buglord posted:

now im normal again.

Alright you had me going, but I'm calling bullshit on the whole story now.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Thanks for the health warning, OP.

Also (in case it's useful info for someone) antibiotics don't work if you drink during the course of them. It's not just the packaging saying that for legal reasons, it is true.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

abigserve posted:

When I had mine done only one got infected and I went to get it checked out after I spat out all this pus

The guy sat me in the chair and took a look, said "yeah looks a bit -" then he leaned on the side of my face with his hand and I felt all this gunk shoot out of it into my mouth

It was the grossest and most painful experience of my life

A nigga who cum in he own mouth… a shameful nigga

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I had to get my wisdom teeth taken out at the hospital and they gave me codeine for some reason. (This was in 2012) I had trippy rear end dreams and decided nah I'll take advil instead

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

BigBadSteve posted:

Thanks for the health warning, OP.

Also (in case it's useful info for someone) antibiotics don't work if you drink during the course of them. It's not just the packaging saying that for legal reasons, it is true.

No, it's not that they won't work, but it can make you really sick. And it's only with certain antibiotics. I'm looking at you, metronidazole :argh:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I have a better one
Don't go get a temporary for a rotten tooth that needs a crown

Then play poker drunk, blow the money for the crown, cancel appointment

2 full months later it starts hurting there
I still remember the slight Asian doc putting her knee on my chest politely to get leverage to pull out some root after using an actual hammer and chisel to get what remained of the tooth out, true story.

The 6 grand to fill the meth type hole came after

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm allergic to penicillin so i have to take different antibiotics and apparently cephalexin is supposed to be taken every 6 hours. Well i have adhd and work a pretty busy job so i only took it like twice a day. Still got better so doctors ain't know poo poo imo

For real though don't be like me, take your antibiotics and don't stop them just cause you feel better cause that can cause resistance of the bacteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I'm thinking about doing a wisdom teeth restoration, I feel like my mouth has lost a lot of sensitivity since the removal- anyone else done this and how is your sensation now that you're intact?