Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

CBD Corndog posted:

remember when that tesla robot moved a box or whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ECwExc-_M
horrifying.

and they STILL haven't discovered the concept of articulated toes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'll be honest, I would love to get hammered on wine with Linda Yaccarino, it would be fun as hell

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think I agree op

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CBD Corndog posted:

Aww hell no, I've seen this movie! :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GB0_kHLOlE

Kale
May 14, 2010

Elons programming broke and looped back to 2021 shitposts

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

who the gently caress is even buying teslas at this point originally it was tech dorks, people who are pro EV, and maybe curious buyers who thought at the time they were cool cars but after Elon revealed his nazi side it's just....right wing nazi tech dorks? I mean I understand China is helping to prop the company up but that's risky China could just say gently caress you Elon and shut it down or take over the operations there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He makes a lot of money selling credits to GM etc

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

A lot of people don't follow news and know nothing of Elon

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cassette Moodcore posted:

who the gently caress is even buying teslas at this point originally it was tech dorks, people who are pro EV, and maybe curious buyers who thought at the time they were cool cars but after Elon revealed his nazi side it's just....right wing nazi tech dorks? I mean I understand China is helping to prop the company up but that's risky China could just say gently caress you Elon and shut it down or take over the operations there.

The only "normal" Tesla driver I've met has one dedicated for a 5 minute commute and lunch forays.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

No. 6 posted:

Most people don’t know or care about twitter. Elon is flying under the radar.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cassette Moodcore posted:

as much as I dislike Musk, there are some legitimate arguments in favor of buying something like a Tesla 3.

They have very good range, their charging is crazy fast, and Tesla has an extensive charging network.

on the other hand...

I'd never buy one for the same reason I never wear my SpaceX hoodie that I got as a gift back in like 2008. I don't want to be associated with Elon.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

dr_rat posted:

Only 1.8% in 40 minutes. I'm sure if they have a little nap they'll feel better in no times.

As a scientician, I’ve done the math and it will be zero in a day and a half.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

On track to have zero share value by May

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bar Crow posted:

As a scientician, I’ve done the math and it will be zero in a day and a half.

And some idiots don't like science and maths :colbert:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

No. 6 posted:

The custodian of the Norwegian pension fund (the largest sovereign investment fund in the world) had a (botched lol) sPaCEs with Musk two weeks ago after asking him to come on his podcast for two years. It's so asinine that no one in media has picked up on it

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
how has nobody told tech huckster white guys to stop dancing on stage

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Serious_Cyclone posted:

how has nobody told tech huckster white guys to stop dancing on stage

because funny.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

DogeDesigner is right now making a graph showing that Elon is killing legacy dancing

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

tesla fans are openly bragging about having bought like 5 teslas in their lifetime which is loving mind boggling considering they've only really been in the real mark since like 2018.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They only last about 18 months so I guess it checks out

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CBD Corndog posted:

God that's a creepy way to stand up.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CBD Corndog posted:

well that's frightening

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
REMEMBER THE CREEK I shout as I dive into a ditch and whip a cosplay grenade at the creepy BD robofucker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LifeSunDeath posted:

well that's frightening

the shape makes sense because they're gonna drop these things out of the air onto some poor bastard's village

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Teslas already look dated and cheap

They need a model revamp badly . On all models

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

OneEightHundred posted:

The problem is Tesla isn't refocusing anything, they're just cutting staff because their revenue is in decline and they have no plan B.

Excuse me, they’re an automation company now

*robot awkwardly lifts one box*

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the original tesla roadster from 2011 or whatever was neat. i really wanted one back then.

the appeal of any other tesla is completely lost on me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

euphronius posted:

It's kind of wild. Feels like any other car maker would get relentlessly poo poo on if they just released the same looking car year in and year out for like a decade. But I guess Tesla gets graded on a curve because dumbasses still buy them??

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

euphronius posted:

Have you seen theblatest and greatest car design that is the CYBERTRUCK?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tesla's net profit to date is apparently around $34B, which makes Elon's bid for 50 or whatever even more impressive

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

shyduck posted:

Tesla's net profit to date is apparently around $34B, which makes Elon's bid for 50 or whatever even more impressive

You forget ceo bonuses are based on share price, not profit these days!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

explosivo posted:

It's kind of wild. Feels like any other car maker would get relentlessly poo poo on if they just released the same looking car year in and year out for like a decade. But I guess Tesla gets graded on a curve because dumbasses still buy them??

I've long felt that the automotive industry having to come up with yearly models was a waste of industrial capacity. It would make more sense if they went to 5-10 year programs. Like how videogame consoles do it.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

shyduck posted:

how much of that 34b is tax payer money?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Some very large institutional investors were behind the heavy metal drummer's lawsuit against Tesla, so they're not going to vote 'yea' for Musk to get all that money back PLUS move governance to Texas. He'll probably still win the vote, but it would be very funny if Musk loses by the margin of shares he sold to buy Twitter.

He really needs that $56b because someone did the math and estimated Musk would be worth only $36b if Tesla was properly valued and that was before he lost his $56b pay package. It might be to the level where he's effectively bankrupt based on his Twitter exposure and other $TLSA backed debt.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In 2011 Tesla design was a couple years ahead of most mid market sedans, now it is about 5-7 years behind them

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

In 2011 Tesla design was a couple years ahead of most mid market sedans, now it is about 5-7 years behind them

God I hope it doesn't turn out Cybertruck is 2-3 years a head of it's time, otherwise we're in for some not so great times it would seem. :ohdear:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

:hmmyes:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

Nothing funny from Musk. All just intense bigotry.

Here's Linda Glassowino

sounds like public health measures and musk hates those.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

coconono posted:

I've long felt that the automotive industry having to come up with yearly models was a waste of industrial capacity. It would make more sense if they went to 5-10 year programs. Like how videogame consoles do it.

Most yearly updates to appearance are minor tweaks or corrections. The major changes are on a 5-7 year schedule.

The concept of a model year is important for factory logistics and repairs & replacement parts tho. All model year 2019 Escapes will have the same AC and suspension and etc etc with just a few variations in options. If in June an engineer comes up with a more efficient way to mount the headlights it will be rolled with the next model year and every repair manual will be able to specify which part you need for 2019 and earlier headlights vs 2020 and later headlights. The model year represents a whole package of gradual changes applied at once, which can be accurately tracked for parts delivered to the factory and parts ordered by repair shops

Tesla does not do this. Changes are rolled out randomly whenever someone gets the parts ordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are also important for retail salesmanship

(Model years )

Maybe less so now than in the past