Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Also I can't prove it, but I strongly suspect that model year facelifts also represent tooling wearing out. So if a part, (say the shape of the rear fenders), is frequently changed with model year then that piece of tooling is either wearing out faster or is cheaper to change (or both) because of the size and shape of the piece or the type of material being formed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

But you also get poo poo like "we saved six cents by replacing the screw with plastic fasteners" and then my skid plate flies off at 90mph.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
yeah but if the skid plate only kills 1 person / x years and its still under 0.06$ / time unit we still come out at top.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/CantEverDie/status/1780619777997713898

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Isn't the 50 billion number misleading ?

I thought I read in one of these threads that he wanted 25% of the company so that the board couldn't get rid of / overrule him, and the shares in the package give him that.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
There's a 2+ hour Youtube doc about the American Motor Company (AMC) and it was essentially a bunch of failed automakers that got together and eventually still failed because French anarchists killed Renault's CEO. One of the companies absorbed in the 1950s (Studebaker I think) had a pretty good reliable car platform, but they never updated it and it failed because other brands had newer looking stuff. American car buyers can be basic bitches and sometimes all we want are cooler looking headlights or fins on our cars.

Anyway, there's a top of the line Model S in the our neighborhood and I can't tell if it's a 2018 or a 2024, which I'm sure is part of Elon Musk's masterful gambit to bore the gently caress out of potential customers.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*orange 'Car Wash Mode activated' light starts flashing at Elon HQ*
"Deploying legal team immediately, sir"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Renfield posted:

Isn't the 50 billion number misleading ?

I thought I read in one of these threads that he wanted 25% of the company so that the board couldn't get rid of / overrule him, and the shares in the package give him that.

That was on top of the 56 billion. He demanded even more in order to have absolute control over the ai decisions

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

World's first gremlin car. Don't charge it after midnight!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Krispy Wafer posted:

There's a 2+ hour Youtube doc about the American Motor Company (AMC) and it was essentially a bunch of failed automakers that got together and eventually still failed because French anarchists killed Renault's CEO. One of the companies absorbed in the 1950s (Studebaker I think) had a pretty good reliable car platform, but they never updated it and it failed because other brands had newer looking stuff. American car buyers can be basic bitches and sometimes all we want are cooler looking headlights or fins on our cars.

Anyway, there's a top of the line Model S in the our neighborhood and I can't tell if it's a 2018 or a 2024, which I'm sure is part of Elon Musk's masterful gambit to bore the gently caress out of potential customers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCmHII0Pp9w

All of the RCR Stories videos are great if you're remotely a car guy

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Seth Pecksniff posted:

lol Tesla's board is asking shareholders to approve the $56 billion dollar pay package for Elon that got terminated last year

Ahahaha the quote from the chair

"Elon hasn't been paid for his work" ahahahah

How many loving people did he just fire?

Oh, right - 14,000.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Megillah Gorilla posted:

How many loving people did he just fire?

Oh, right - 14,000.

He couldn't even be bothered to tell most of them, they just showed up to work and their badges/logins were disabled

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Azhais posted:

He couldn't even be bothered to tell most of them, they just showed up to work and their badges/logins were disabled

um, he politely emailed them at 3am that they were fired.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Azhais posted:

Elon isn't telling anyone they are fired unless he is being petty. It turns out organizing the layoff of thousands of people is hard, especially if the group that does it is also having layoffs!

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

explosivo posted:

It's kind of wild. Feels like any other car maker would get relentlessly poo poo on if they just released the same looking car year in and year out for like a decade. But I guess Tesla gets graded on a curve because dumbasses still buy them??
I don't think that really matters that much if it's actually good, there are successful cars (e.g. Corolla) that went on a long time without a major redesign. But they're not in as bad of a redesign, like every Tesla interior just reeks of "this was done under severe cost constraints" and yet they cost as much as a BMW.

Gnomocide posted:

What? If you use correct impedance cables (ie dmx not XLR) and terminate your daisy chain, dmx is rock solid and not prone to errors, no? That's why we all still use such ancient protocols (I thought?)

I am a light person / vj and the one time I did control Pyro it was indeed manual, but I thought that was more to control my consumption of flammable fluids than any potential dmx issue.

On that note, would love to be a fly on the wall inside the light people's front of house during that 'show' lol
AFAIK it's very rare but too high to be an acceptable risk. If a random bit flip goes across the wire to a stage light, then oops maybe it points the wrong direction or is the wrong color until the next message overrides it and you'll be lucky if anyone even noticed it happened.

If you get a random bit flip on a pyro trigger you've got flammable things blasting off-cue which might have slightly worse consequences!

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 17, 2024

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Any workforce layoff should also require a random number generator to determine if the board is fired, with the chance to be fired equal to the percent of staff laid off

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
YOU GOTTA WASH YOUR CYBERTRUCK AT NIGHT! NO REFUNDS!!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I think this post is being unfair to the value of NFTs.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

SilverSupernova posted:

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I think this post is being unfair to the value of NFTs.
Nah scrap steel and lithium is way more useful than a monkey JPEG.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I thought it was never a good idea to wash your car in direct sunlight, regardless if it is a regular painted car or an idiotic steel cyberdick

It can leave water marks when the metal is hot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

priznat posted:

I thought it was never a good idea to wash your car in direct sunlight, regardless if it is a regular painted car or an idiotic steel cyberdick

years of horny carwash movies disagree with you

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Azhais posted:

years of horny carwash movies disagree with you

This is a worthwhile tradeoff to get water spots if there will be the chance of some sexiness

Something no cybertruck owner is in danger of being exposed to

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

CBD Corndog posted:

remember when that tesla robot moved a box or whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ECwExc-_M

God I wish that was me

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

priznat posted:

Whoa do water marks void your warranty?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I love how a billionaire thinks he's some kind of hero for not taking a salary.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Voiding your cars warranty by getting it wet

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i like how rich people get to loop hole not have a paycheck.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I will forfeit my salary too, in exchange for a guaranteed $50 billion of annual performance bonuses. You can call me a hero of you want

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://twitter.com/RealDanODowd/status/1778224756220940585

Tesla FSD identifies child and then mows it down 5 seconds later.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/RealDanODowd/status/1778224756220940585

Tesla FSD identifies child and then mows it down 10 seconds later.

3 for 3

That’s pretty good

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://twitter.com/CocJii/status/1778244480178463028

Every child sacrificed improves the car.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just imagine how much faster FSD can gain knowledge by running over children, compared to SpaceX exploding a rocket once or twice a year :science:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Forgetting it’s supposed to be a child , should it be hitting anything in the middle of the road

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
tfw you discover your car is a vampire

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

euphronius posted:

Forgetting it’s supposed to be a child , should it be hitting anything in the middle of the road

The cyber truck will win, so sure why not.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but its so smart it knows its a fake.

"the test is to not hit it"

e: musk and antman : i hate GTA because i dont like killing cops!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Call me when it accelerates into a child

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

tfw you discover your car is a vampire
“The car is a vampire” -Billy Corgen

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

if you drive your cybertruck when it's extremely hot out and it rains, your warranty is void -tesla, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

each child slain by autopilot is an opportunity to breed another