Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

priznat posted:

The fridge fridge, which has an integrated interior camera and display to show you what's in there

It's just a normal 4 door french door refrigerator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elon is still mad he can’t have people disappeared like in boertown

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Three Olives posted:

It's just a normal 4 door french door refrigerator.

The Walrus posted:

gently caress you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder what elon means by being threatened by homeless

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Looking back through the thread, trying to find an old post and found this.

Wonder how that worked out?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Megillah Gorilla posted:

they all died

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Found the post I was looking for.

quote:

Someone needs to make a "Musk through the ages" collage.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What country do you live in? Police are notoriously reluctant to respond aggressively to rich people, they will take out weapons on homeless people at the drop of a hat.

Well, I'm rich and white and police are letting me off the hook every single time I almost get caught with something so I assume they're even easier on homeless people. I mean, what would be the point of punching down?

Hell with all this DEI poo poo going around a bunch of cops probably our homeless people just so that they can be included, and the police force can have a full representation of the viewpoint of the community . loving hippies.!!!

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Found the post I was looking for.

Someone needs to make a "Musk through the ages" collage.

He looks like he's wearing a mask of himself.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I had forgotten Elon was supposed to blow up Steve Aoki last year. Can't count on him for poo poo.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Willatron posted:

I had forgotten Elon was supposed to blow up Steve Aoki last year. Can't count on him for poo poo.

He's got him hooked on cake.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

weird how all these civilian space crews like never actually happen.

also looking back at some of those old post, one of them in a snow boarder and my mind instantly went to metal wolf chaos's ending where the prez space boards back down from the moon.

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Quietly buried, just like Musk's announced plans for cargo missions to Mars in 2022 and crewed missions to Mars in 2024.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So sad I missed rally car posting

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Cool story but I remember this news story. The machete dude killed zero people (but injured two relatives in a decidedly nonrandom attack), and threatening someone with a machete is an arrestable crime in any state.

Also loling about DogeDesigner "almost getting attacked". There are quite a lot of homeless people a block away from Twitter HQ but they've never even glanced at me whenever I walk by. He must have felt threatened by their very existence.

Note: I do not work at X: The Everything Homeless Panic App, but I used to eat regularly at the great unaffiliated food court in that building's basement.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

homeless people should attack X employees though

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thorgot posted:

Note: I do not work at X: The Everything Homeless Panic App, but I used to eat regularly at the great unaffiliated food court in that building's basement.

Exactly what I'd expect someone who works at X, the Everything App to say

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

ben shapino posted:

homeless people should attack X employees though

I still have an account for my old neighborhood in the dense part of the city center and occasionally I look at the emails and like every single one of them was almost being robbed or even raped by a homeless person that they saw driving past Whole Foods.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Being homeless is bad but squatting is also bad???

Homless people just can't seem to win :[

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They are on the moon right now

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Thorgot posted:

Speaking of, are X, the everything squatters, paying their rent now or what’s up with that

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Lol at Musk out running someone

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Lol at Musk out running someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxlzgLWKIA

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://twitter.com/SmoothDunk/status/1781500996096528433

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Wearing seatbelts in a CBRTRK

Classic faux pas.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Avirosb posted:

The general sentiment seems to be that the polite thing for them to do is move to the outskirts of the city and freeze to death.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Look, sometimes cars just don't stop, ok? Elon is doing his best!

At this point, I would just expect the windshield to pop out in one solid piece due to being hot-glued onto the frame of the car.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I noticed they didn't mention the seat belt, clearly no one would be surprised to hear they just pop off in a crash

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Avirosb posted:

If only there was some billionaire wanting to "save humanity"... Ah well, nevertheless...

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

AlmightyBob posted:

I noticed they didn't mention the seat belt, clearly no one would be surprised to hear they just pop off in a crash

every tesla seatbelt is pre-slashed so it easily gives way in an emergency

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Radio Paranoia posted:

If only there was some billionaire wanting to "save humanity"... Ah well, nevertheless...

Trump???

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tai posted:

Trump???

Trump 3:16

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AlmightyBob posted:

Lmao like any owner of the CyberPenisSubstitute would ever wear a seat belt

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

AlmightyBob posted:

Anyone remember when this thread decided the trvck wouldn't have seatbelts based on nothing? Good times, thank you Mr Musk.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Based on nothing is a strong statement considering, you know, everything else in this thread.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Elviscat posted:

Anyone remember when this thread decided the trvck wouldn't have seatbelts based on nothing? Good times, thank you Mr Musk.

Remember when he was seriously trying to push for it to not have any mirrors at all but then had to put on side mirrors because of like... the pesky law and poo poo, and then was like "they're going to be easy to remove"?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
that semi that backed in the cybertruck easily removed one of the mirrors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

The X-man cometh posted:

Question about the stainless steel on Cybtrrkk. Isn't the "stainless" supposed to mean that the metal is resistant to rust and discoloration? Did Tesla use the lowest quality steel available?

Depending on the grade of stainless steel it is resistant but not immune to rust. Particularly if exposed to water, salt and other poo poo that might get flicked onto it while driving.

It probably won't rust enough to cause structural issues but it's enough to cause stains that are pretty obvious on polished steel.

Apparently they used 301 steel which is the same as SpaceX, to keep costs down. It's stronger than other common stainless steels but less corrosion resistant. That's probably a perfectly fine compromise for rocket building but less ideal for a car where appearance is important.

The answer is probably to put a wrap on the car as that would probably conceal the fingerprints and corrosion; however there are limits to the technology and it won't hide the fact you're driving a cybertruck unfortunately.