Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol so when is the Tesla board voting to give Musk 50 billion dollars or whatever again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
This Elon Musk fellow sounds really quite unpleasant.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

This guy has definitely devoured one or two limp biscuits himself and finds it funny.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Apprentice Dick posted:

Wow I can't believe delivering a baby in a hospital is now free.

I never even considered that in the USA it isn't :piss:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Strategic Tea posted:

I never even considered that in the USA it isn't :piss:

Yeah and god forbid you need to take an ambulance to said hospital, you'll be hosed when you get that bill in the mail! It is prohibitively expensive for all of this poo poo in America and I'm not surprised that Musk has no tether to the real world at all.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol is musk fucks up the main competitive advantage he has

quote:

According to an email first reported by The Information and then Electrek, the automaker’s senior director of EV charging Rebecca Tinucci is leaving the company on Tuesday, alongside most of the 500-person team she oversaw. Tesla’s head of the new vehicles program, Daniel Ho, is also out along with his team. These cuts come in addition to the recent 10 percent workforce reduction — and Musk’s email leaves room for more.

Tinucci was notably responsible for the rollout of Tesla’s Supercharger network during her six years at the company, including efforts to get other companies to adopt the North American Charging Standard (NACS) developed by Tesla. In his email, Musk says Tesla will still build new Superchargers and complete those already under construction.

Others impacted by the new layoffs include Daniel Ho, a ten-year Tesla veteran who served as director of vehicle programs and new product initiatives, and as program manager for the Model S, 3, and Y vehicles. Most of the public policy team led by former head of policy and business development Rohan Patel (who left the company during the previous wave of layoffs) are also being let go.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

He's dumping all the huge Tesla stans too

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kazil posted:

He's dumping all the huge Tesla stans too

ahahahah Omar is gonna cry

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*inbox dings*

Subj: :rock: YOU'RE FIRED :rock:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

shyduck posted:

ahahahah Omar is gonna cry

Lennon unfollowing Chapman.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

He laid off the supercharger team despite it being Tesla's biggest actual asset, the new vehicle team despite not having any new products in the line, and the public policy team who would assumedly be the ones working with governments on making robotaxis actually legal.

Stocks gonna go up today.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

New product line guy gets in the way of his cybertruk follow on ideas

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lmao reduced to selling your fanboy fetish to the highest bidder

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

lmao "Anyone else need a gormless corporate shill?"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So apparently Sawyer and Omar were both just retweeting stuff from one of the layoff articles and they think ol' boy got upset

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
The thinnest of thin skinned babies lol, better give him tens of billions of dollars to make things right

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Isn't adoption of the NACS thing one of the major things tesla was looking at for making money?

I know someone who bought a tesla in Canada because they said it's planned to be canada's primary charging method

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

shyduck posted:

So apparently Sawyer and Omar were both just retweeting stuff from one of the layoff articles and they think ol' boy got upset

cry more losers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol if Musk ends up nuking the supercharger market and setting back EV adoption because of it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I love it when they own themselves

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

WhyteRyce posted:

lol is musk fucks up the main competitive advantage he has

I absolute knew getting other automakers to install NACS ports on their cars was a huge scam.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
musk is right about having kids. you can just abandon them. it's basically rocket science, let someone else do the work and take credit for it

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Skipping 900 posts to say I saw a great nickname for Musky today:

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Holy gently caress ahahaahahahahahahahahah

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
:owned::hellyeah:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think it’s a good sign when a car company cancels future models

Like. All of them

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

euphronius posted:

I don’t think it’s a good sign when a car company cancels future models

Like. All of them

good thing Tesla isn't a car company :smug:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

PhazonLink posted:

children are free, like dont you have a bunch of Help to take the kids out of your hands when your done with the photo op so they get taken back to your educational compound?

also yeah rockets with just land and take off in city streets like taxis. also again what are these desk jocky computer touchers going to do on Mars?

So yesterday I had a stressful day at work. Nothing awful, but just not great.

On my way home from work I agreed with my wife that I would swing around by the day care to pick up our daughter.

When I got there, seeing my 3 year old daughter point me out to the other kids shout "THAT'S MY DADDY!" Before running over, giving me a hug and asking me to chase her around the grass embankment outside the Day Care. Then we went home and had ice pops.

And I can say without any cynicism it was a lovely moment that made my day.
Truly wonderful.

And I can also equally confidentially say that Elon Musk will never know this type of relationship with any of his children.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

ilmucche posted:

Isn't adoption of the NACS thing one of the major things tesla was looking at for making money?

I know someone who bought a tesla in Canada because they said it's planned to be canada's primary charging method

its so extremely bizzare seeing as they won that standardization battle. More wondering if government subsidy for fast chargers dried up.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Three Olives posted:

I absolute knew getting other automakers to install NACS ports on their cars was a huge scam.

Should've realized it's short for Nazi rear end in a top hat Charger Scam.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Question IRL posted:

When I got there, seeing my 3 year old daughter point me out to the other kids shout "THAT'S MY DADDY!" Before running over, giving me a hug and asking me to chase her around the grass embankment outside the Day Care. Then we went home and had ice pops.

:3:

I love this, and I love that Musk will never have it.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Question IRL posted:

So yesterday I had a stressful day at work. Nothing awful, but just not great.

On my way home from work I agreed with my wife that I would swing around by the day care to pick up our daughter.

And I can say without any cynicism it was a lovely moment that made my day.
Truly wonderful.

And I can also equally confidentially say that Elon Musk will never know this type of relationship with any of his children.
Get a load of this moron paying for daycare when kids are free.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

YOU"RE FIRED! TOUGH LUCK, PAL

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’d earn a breakthrough prize with a tire iron and his ••••

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That break through prize poo poo has done nothing afaict . What a waste

The prize ceremony is now on YouTube

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm going to throw musk into a pool full of my ravenous children so I can feed them for free

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

bird with big dick posted:

Having a baby in a hospital is a lifestyle choice, my wife had her children in our living room and they feed and clothe themselves by foraging in the woods behind our house.

What if we just made a child drop off point in every city you drop a kid off before work they have food clothes whatever in a big pile. You pick up a kid after work doesn't have to be the same kid just one roughly the same age.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
The CEO of Spotify noticed how much less productive his company was with 1500 fewer people and Musk said hold my boer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

What if we just made a child drop off point in every city you drop a kid off before work they have food clothes whatever in a big pile. You pick up a kid after work doesn't have to be the same kid just one roughly the same age.

Baby's a baby