Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I can't wait until Elon Musk dies never having slipped the surly bonds of Earth's gravity.

Somehow I only realized just now that he hasn't even gone on an orbital shot in his own company's spacecraft. I can't believe you let Bezos and Branson show you up like that, man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Victory Lap posted:

Listen man, I think it's great that you're trying to plan ahead, but how about we just go to Mars first and then figure all that stuff out? Sounds loving complicated tbh everything might just work out

Look at how long it takes to get to Mars, there's gonna be a whole lot of planning time for that kinda stuff while everyone's on the way

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We need to send Elon there as soon as possible.

Get that rear end to Mars!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Anton Chigurh posted:

Well, I dunno. Haven't really thought about it.

I just asked "Why do they not?" because I was curious and hoped someone could explain it to me. Seems like a simple question?

Because he's an absolute dumbshit, happy to help

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

QuarkJets posted:

Why do they need food, can't they just eat each other?

Imagine how strong the Mars colony will be when every colonist is the winner of a months-long Thunderdome match where only the strongest survive and get to eat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr. Lobe posted:

He burns through them pretty fast, from what I understand.

You'd think they'd learn not to actually drive Teslas by this point

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Thinking back to the time someone in here was positing that Elon might not, in fact, be a giant idiot chucklefuck a while back

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

PITY BONER posted:

Like everything Elon has hyped up, it's all a big fraud.

https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1576021072239300608

Just straight LMAOs

Edit: Boston Dynamics better hang up the towel.

What are you talking about, it's incredible. Previous robots have required upwards of ten people to ensure they don't fall over while waving their hand

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

2nd Amendment posted:

You seem very hostile. My goon, it is Friday. Relax, I'm not looking for a confrontation but I am feeling you are. I may be misunderstanding that, I'm multitasking so I may be misreading tone. Your frowny avatar doesn't help, maybe it should smile more?

You could just, like, not be weird like this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

2nd Amendment posted:

Now there are weird creepy stans coming out of the woodwork?

Sorry, that was me being up too late and needlessly grumpy as a result.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

PITY BONER posted:

33k likes for thirsty comments? Wow. We just saw how "great" his blindingly pale body looks while on holiday in the Mediterranean.

There are folks valiantly defending him over the beach bod photos posted in the replies, although the photos themselves have all been hidden by that tweeter for some reason :iiam:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I only watch actual video clips of him speaking onc3 in a long while, and I'm surprised every time by what an uncomfortable, uncharismatic speaker he is. Like, he's just up there spouting obvious made-up bullshit, but there's not even a forceful personality behind it to make it seem real, why would anybody pay attention to that?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Just gonna temporarily halt transfers and do a rollback on national ownership to fix this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

https://twitter.com/Techgnostik/status/1576986337097326592

First, they came for the richest man in the world and his dumbshit opinions on the war in Ukraine

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Klyith posted:

(Also a BA in Physics is not a particularly huge accomplishment, it's being a college graduate. A BA is what you get when you duck out on all the advanced classes. The accomplishment is that he got a econ degree from Wharton at the same time.)

Oh lol, I never really thought about that. I didn't even realize a BA in physics was something you could do.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bad Purchase posted:

i'm seriously considering taking page 69 private at a price of $4.20 per post, my funding is secured

:hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Maybe twitter's enforced brevity isn't such a bad thing after all

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bad Purchase posted:

:justscriven:

I would prefer not to

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Wow. I knew they were somebody, but I hadn't tied the name to specific memorably dumb things.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
There's probably a good Bear Arms username in there somewhere, which should be excepted

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bad Purchase posted:

users love it when you rapidly iterate on the service they're used to using for no reason

That's why I've stayed around here so long, updates at a pace I can handle

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

https://twitter.com/MostlyPeacefull/status/1579947037449080832

Notice me, Elonpai

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The mistake there is in not charging me to opt out of targeted celebrity tweets.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I love this stupid future we're in

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Just imagine trying to make a left turn across 170 km of people going the same way

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Lol

The chess board exists in a mere two dimensions, a match is but an inconsequential blip barely noticeable by my consciousness. I tire of these mortal fancies

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
A true working class hero

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

He's totally wearing a girdle in that pic.

Gotta keep up that presidential posture

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

therobit posted:

Jesus Christ his kids are even uglier than he is.

That's the pope you rear end in a top hat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

"Chief Twit" made me laugh. Goddammit, Elon :arghfist:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Sentient Data posted:

So has anyone at Twitter confirmed anything? Without a press statement from their C suite or legal team, this all reads as 100% bullshit

It does feel weird, but at the same time, in his current position would he be able to just start tweeting false statements and videos about him finally owning twitter without any action against him? I have no idea how any of this stuff works.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

How's Elon stand on Trump these days, anyway? I don't know if he's mad after being discarded on a whim, or if he wants to get back into the club and giving Donnie his tweets back might just do it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
That seems a little extreme, perhaps Elon should just slip and fall on his rear end and have everyone make fun of him

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Supreme Allah posted:

whats a data engineer specifically. people just add random words after data to make up new pay scales dont they

what do you do

im a data clown, make six bill a day. cant shave, wont shave.

I consider myself a data gardener, the shitposts I generate serve as fertilizer for the databases they go into.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Last time I got laid off was on Halloween, and I gotta say, even if it's loving Arbor Day, bosses who lay off workers on a holiday should be made to eat sidewalk chalk.

I'm just imagining getting an email with the subject line Some SpOoOoOkY news about your employment

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

TwoPair posted:

"Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to fire you."

Lol, just imagining Elon standing there mumbling his way through a villainous monologue and eventually promising complete global saturation as his tech leads just stand there going :shepface:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Decon posted:

I thought this poo poo was hyperbolic but I actually rode about a quarter mile in the back of a Model 3 recently. The door open mechanism is an electronic button and I didn't know where the emergency door release was. It's actually genuinely kinda scary not knowing how you're meant to exit a vehicle if poo poo goes bad.

That's what the fire's for. No loose ends

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Elon Musk is not actually an engineer.

Um excuse me, he worked hard for that honorary doctorate in engineering from Yale

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I don't know why that one keeps getting remembered the wrong way, because the reality is actually funnier for once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
If Elon really wants money from me, he'll start charging to link twitter accounts to stuff, the only actual reason it's useful for me is that it's by far the easiest way to offload video game captures from consoles to use elsewhere.