Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1586059953311137792

Boy, I wonder what kind of "widely diverse viewpoints" he's going to include on that council

i would love to be a fly on the wall for the council meeting to decide if @misterfister69 should be unbanned after their controversial tweeting of "im gay nd elon suks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Bad Purchase posted:

he will first require all employees to return to the office including the ones who have always been full remote, then move to texas or FL a few months later to inflict maximum pain on the employees

"See, I didn't fire 75% of the employees, they chose to quit!"

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

DaveWoo posted:

Boy, I wonder what kind of "widely diverse viewpoints" he's going to include on that council

Regardless of everything else, Putin will be the one calling the shots.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"yo, you wanna chuck some cash at this very bad idea related to my ego?"

"gently caress, why not? 1 billion okay?"

-

The gently caress is up with these people? Do you know what I could do with a billion for the community? Local, but... Buy and fix the hosed slum housing up. Let's get more money into the harm intervention poo poo. Hospital could use more money, and you don't need to name the new wing after me, I'll pick something cool or someone who deserves the recognition.

I'd probably still buy a slightly better place cause this one is barely held together with duct tape, wire and screws, but I think that's a fair thing to do out of a billion.

I'm thinking these people bad. And need to be eaten.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thank you for your report. our content council is currently busy. estimated date your ticket will be viewed: december 2056

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

ilmucche posted:

i would love to be a fly on the wall for the council meeting to decide if @misterfister69 should be unbanned after their controversial tweeting of "im gay nd elon suks"

The 12 Angry Men reboot we never knew we wanted.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Wow!!! Can't believe they immediately voted to let the council vote in autopilot mode. Genius!!!!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

External Organs posted:

Wow!!! Can't believe they immediately voted to let the council vote in autopilot mode. Genius!!!!

As council's first act, citizens are now rewarded for hitting pedestrians with their cars, with a double bonus for anyone on a bike.

Extra rewards depend on skin color.

Also trains are illegal now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Twitter will be launching a new television channel where tweets will be displayed on screen and viewers can vote* to decide whether or not the account gets banned.

*at the cost of a single premium rate sms

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DaveWoo posted:

One retired ethicist (who will die soon) and 10 AIs trained on 10 different data sets.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DaveWoo posted:

Well, he's courting the GOP, so....

Take a guess.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

if twitter is replaying SA's history the Ozma / Abe era is going to be a hell of a thing to witness at a global scale

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The moderation council will moderate reported tweets, but the process will be set up to ignore cases of obvious report abuse, like situations where hundreds or thousands of people report the same tweet. They can't be wasting their time with those.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah when 1,000,000 people report someone yelling the N word those are clearly bots and the tweet in question is fine.

The council has determined your racism is within Elon musk's viewpoint.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There will be 250 human moderators dealing with the most serious cases, as long as they've already cleared through the backlog of carefully checking every tweet mentioning "elon" or "musk".

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

There will be 250 human moderators dealing with the most serious cases, as long as they've already cleared through the backlog of carefully checking every tweet mentioning "elon" or "musk".

my muskrat gimmick account is on borrowed time

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

DaveWoo posted:

Joe Rogen and Neil deGrasse Tyson will be on the elder council of twitter because thats how elons brain works.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Reports against accounts with a blue tick will only be accepted from other people with a blue tick. Everyone else needs to learn their place and understand that they have no right to criticise their superiors.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

I hereby volunteer to be IK for Twitter.

I cannot promise to be fair, I cannot promise to be effective, but I can promise to be power mad,

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Elon will get a gold tick, and some other key accounts who represent the most important voices of our times will get a silver one. Gold can only be reported by gold, silver by silver or gold etc.

Like god intended.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

goatface posted:

Reports against accounts with a blue tick will only be accepted from other people with a blue tick. Everyone else needs to learn their place and understand that they have no right to criticise their superiors.

That doesn't sound like what a wealthy South African would do

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

In my mind, this will turn out the same as other Elon Musk twitter things:

1. Something that is heavily coordinated or reported on Twitter happens (Arab Spring, Ukraine war, etc.). The thing uses Twitter to gain support or communicate in defiance of its repressive home country's restrictions.
2. Elon Musk, exemplar of the Dunning Kruger effect, realizes that only he can solve the issue and leaps into action. After wracking his brain for a whole evening, he presents his plan (e.g. I/P conflict could be easily solved if they all had mandatory Taco Tuesdays together!).
3. Elon cultists and people who are terrified that calling his credibility into account will damage the electric vehicle industry will immediately praise his genius solution. Subject matter experts and most laymen correctly realize he has no idea what he's talking about. They have an internet kerfuffle, changing the minds of no one. Elon has an online meltdown and then returns to torpor.

But now there could be a new step 4!

4. Privately owned company Twitter, an extension of Elon Musk's sole will, is unhappy that the plan, which it knows is unassailable, was not immediately praised and adopted. It decides to take its ball and go home (maybe a better metaphor would be "spuriously accuse them of being pedophiles"), cracking down on the thing's supporters who must have rejected the plan because they secretly don't want to solve the thing because they're the real bad guys!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Naw it will just continue to foment misinformation, racism, and fascism, hastening the decline of western civilization (this is a requirement for scared rich whites to pay for rockets to take them to Mars where they can all gently caress each other and die).

So he's got a vested interest in more January 6's etc.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
You are still allowed to use the platform if you are Black, but the new policy requires you to change your avatar to one of these auto generated cartoon White ones.

You may also select an Asian one. For now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Butcher posted:

You are still allowed to use the platform if you are Black, but the new policy requires you to change your avatar to one of these auto generated cartoon White ones.

But only if you're a woman.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LanceHunter posted:

Hard Fork did an emergency podcast about Elon's Twitter purchase. The most interesting fact:

Every Twitter employee who gets RSUs is due for their next grant on November 1st. It'll be an enormous expense. For every employee that Elon fires before the 1st, he'll save a bunch of money. So everyone there has a sword of Damocles over their head that is likely to fall on Monday.

https://twitter.com/dee_bosa/status/1586043571081134080

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

didn't elon say he was going to open source the algorithm?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Huh, you couldn't get closer to a leopard eating faces moment if Musk carried an ocelot into Twitter instead of a sink.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

$45bn is a terrible price for a dying social media site but a pretty good deal for every journalist on earth's DMs

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Daniel went on to say "Love the car."

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

External Organs posted:

Naw it will just continue to foment misinformation, racism, and fascism, hastening the decline of western civilization (this is a requirement for scared rich whites to pay for rockets to take them to Mars where they can all gently caress each other and die).

So he's got a vested interest in more January 6's etc.

The world would be a better place of all the governments got together and offered to send any scared rich white person to Mars on the tax payer's dime.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Think of the poor data engineers.

Also it is funny that every failed gaming community always has a new person come in and go 'council system!'

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

The Butcher posted:

Get an Asian avatar now before they get rid of it and then in 10 years it’ll make you look cool to have an old feature.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

These are arbitrary "you're gone" firings with no cause so they're getting big severance at least, right?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
whats a data engineer specifically. people just add random words after data to make up new pay scales dont they

what do you do

im a data clown, make six bill a day. cant shave, wont shave.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

how will the $250k/yr data engineer afford the model 3 payment :qq:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

like, it's lovely that a bunch of people are losing their cushy jobs, but immediately going "how will this very well paid engineer afford his luxury car payment" is not the way to get sympathy

e: it's fake

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 28, 2022

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Supreme Allah posted:

whats a data engineer specifically. people just add random words after data to make up new pay scales dont they

what do you do

This is incredibly disrespectful to the data clown industry. Our work may not be immediately visible, but, much like rodeo clowns, we're protecting you from the worst of it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Supreme Allah posted:

what do you do

I consider myself a data gardener, the shitposts I generate serve as fertilizer for the databases they go into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ilmucche posted:

These are arbitrary "you're gone" firings with no cause so they're getting big severance at least, right?

I don't think that Raul Ligma and Daniel Johnson are getting severance, no.

https://twitter.com/TurboThaad/status/1586090137091350528

the reporters on the "wander around outside the Twitter HQ and talk to anyone who walks by" beat have yet to admit that they got owned, but have been unable to confirm that they did not get owned

https://twitter.com/dee_bosa/status/1586094584106389504