Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Soggy Muffin posted:

Holy poo poo I’ve never actually heard him talk. No way he’s gonna win with a wimpy voice like that
Having trouble finding the video right now but he was at some diner in Iowa and just came off like an alien imitating human behavior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wait they sent an actual response and not just a poop emoji or some dumb meme?

also somehow one of the Krassensteins got a payout

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He's getting sued left and right by everyone. Governments, landlords he owes money to, fired employees that he owes severance, etc.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The gently caress is he even talking about

It's not like Putin and the Ukrainian President were ever friends

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

withak posted:

Can't believe Elon would do this to his fellow African-Americans.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I always enjoy that skit which was 'what if they treated white collar criminals the way they treat everyone else' and they reverse it for the Chappelle drug dealer character

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

Didn't R. Kelly get really mad at Chappelle when he did the "Piss On You" parody song?
I'm sure he did, but now he's in jail where he belongs

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TBH I would be upset if the Krassenstein brothers got paid and I didn't, and I spent all day sucking up to Elon and shitposting like catturd does

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think he has been working on Avatar in some capacity since the late 1990s

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

Aren't there still other idiots who own twitter shares? I thought Twitter Jack specifically still owned some.
So when Elon took the company private, he bought out all existing shares. If you owned shares, you had the option to sell them to Twitter for cash or take the equity in the new private Twitter instead. Jack, in his infinite wisdom (lol), took the equity stake and not the money.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's very obvious that he suddenly had this idea one night and just told his people to do it without any real research

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Can't wait to see them genuinely try and get any financial applications off the ground. Elon can't even be trusted to pay rent or bills for the company at the moment. And now he and whoever's left at this shell of a hell-site are supposed to go before regulators and say with a straight face, "Yes! We can safely handle people's money!"
They can’t even take all of the Twitter branding off the site at once

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They banned the Xvideos account and I assume are just going to take it for themselves

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Pretty sure the one battle the world’s richest man can lose is the one where he takes on ALL the corporations… at once. :lol:
It’s the final battle from Avengers Endgame but all of the Avengers coming out of the portal are new companies filing lawsuits

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Elon wishes he had any of the good qualities of Dr. House

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

All of the loudest ‘protect the children’ people tend to turn out to be predators

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The account ‘incident’ is in the Washington Post this morning

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Form ten days ago:

https://twitter.com/lindayacc/status/1681656761101479936

I don't see her as having scruples - she's all about selling the Kool-Aid, even if she knows drat well what it's laced with. I genuinely don't trust her to do a drat thing other than continue to push whatever bullshit Musk is currently hyper-focusing on.
She left a perfectly good job to be Musk’s meat shield, which says a lot about her

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tai posted:

But elons meme game is strong
He steals all of his memes

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

kazil posted:

posted in the loltrump thread too but
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1689313590149263360

lmao elon is so dumb
So he sent them a poop emoji?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

#notmywokebeethoven

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

I continue to be puzzled by Elon musk's unknowable politics. There's just no way to tell
He’s really into Juche theory

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Ignis posted:

Love how she keeps using the word "tweets" repeatedly after claiming the X rebrand represents a liberation from Twitter
Well Elon did say that CEO was a joke position…

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If they want me to be entertained they need to do pistols at Dawn

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

fuctifino posted:

is this a sex thing?
If you have to ask, the answer is 'yes'

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Those Elon texts are 100% real. You know how I know this? Because he sent them at like 4 something AM which is exactly what Musk would do since he can't sleep on all of those uppers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Pretty sure you wouldn't just make it up to Zuck's door without getting beaten severely by his 100s of guards

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

John Mirra posted:

Even if this fight somehow happens, Musk will look like poo poo regardless. If he wins, there's no real achievement in beating a smaller guy, you just look like an rear end in a top hat bully. If he loses, then he got beaten by a smaller guy and looks extremely weak.
That's why he keeps dragging it out

If he ever actually fights it's going to make him look bad no matter what

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

That's the one that blew up because they couldnt be assed to build a good launchpad / use non poo poo engines right

Seems par for musk
He ignored a bunch of obvious issues that were going to occur from launching a massive rocket off of a pad that was not correctly built to deal with that kind of ignition. They are rebuilding the pad but who knows if they will do it right this time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oh yeah the Mars stuff is delusional. It's a giant leap between putting someone into orbit, which we have known how to do for awhile, and sending people to Mars, which has never been done and may not happen for some time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

When I saw this on my phone I thought that I smudged my screen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sockser posted:

In a very very very short-sighted business lens, I understand this move

Brands have loved going with social media as a serious force because brands like your Wendy's or Arby's have posted some banger memes, which turn into a following for that brand's account. This in turns leans to passive advertising, where you don't need to pay for ads, because people are following and retweeting and advertising on your behalf.

This move stops that passive advertising.

Of course, that also removes the incentive for large brands to give a poo poo about your platform in the first place

So good job, Elon. You did it.
My favorite thing is his assumption that big brands will just come back when he continues to piss them off

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently posting all day is what the CTO does

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Never forget that that's entirely on purpose; Hyperloop and the Boring Company aren't meant to solve traffic issues, their purpose is to sandbag public transit projects that would actually do so.

lmao remember when he immediately complied with Modi and Erdogan's calls to ban political dissidents, even though OG twitter had faced no consequences for telling them to piss off, and got real salty when people booed him because he of course had no choice in the matter

If only there was a pattern as to when he chooses to uphold "free speech" as a principle, but, no, the guy is just so mercurial and inscrutable.
He also backed down with Chinese censorship

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Napoleon vs Caesar- Whoever Wins, We Lose

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

kazil posted:

:lmao: it's so over
Yeah this is legit ‘you are going to kill the platform’ dumb bullshit

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Kit Walker posted:

It’s extremely funny that Loomer has half a million followers and was able to leverage that into all of…$200 a month
I'm sure 99% of those followers are bots

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

i guess this was his justification although my guess is he was planning this for a long time because everyone blocks him
It has to also eat into his bottom line when you can just block advertisers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

the burning of the library of ali alexander
:discourse: